• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fight anti OC businesses.

Nevada carrier

imported post

Once a week we target an anti OC business with several OCDO members and one at a time we enter their business. Act as though we are a typical customer and make them spend all day refusing us access to their store.

No one should do anything other than inform the management of these establishments that OC is legal, but still comply with their demand that we leave the premises. They just need to know that there are more than just a handful of us.

VegasGlocKid

imported post

im down for this. i never really knew what to say to a rude manager that bluntly says "no guns allowed, get out!"

M

McX

imported post

i go about it more diplomatically; i'll enter a business, that i've been doing business with for some time, and give them a open carry pamphlet, then mention i'd like to talk about this the next time i come in. the next time i ask, and usually get a yes, if it's a no, i don't go there anymore, and let them figure out where my money went.

doninvegas

imported post

VegasGlocKid wrote:
i never really knew what to say to a rude manager that bluntly says "no guns allowed, get out!"
I think one would just say...OK, and let him know you respect his rights to refuse service to whom he likes...it is the American way, and tell him you wount be back in his store...
Show him you are not a hipocrit and just leave proudly, you are an American and have The Freedom of Choice...
And then find some place that shear your feelings and do business with them... That guy Looses....you win...

just an opinion...

Nevada carrier

imported post

Please keep in mind I'm not advocating anything unruly, simply enter the store buy something that you need or want, then if asked to leave, simply acquiesce and hand them a pamphlet explaining the law and why you believe it is unfair to ban OC in their establishment.

VegasGlocKid

imported post

yea but some managers wouldnt care if you recited every law in the book. they are so high strung on MWAG!!!!! that theyll be d***heads and verbally threat to call the cops to get you out of there. im sure there would be some people that would throw a pamphlet back at you.

The Big Guy

imported post

If the pamphlet was tossed back at me, I would let it hit the floor, smile, turn around and walk out. Then I would simply take my business elsewhere and let others of like mind know so they can make the decision to shop thereor not.

BG

DON`T TREAD ON ME

imported post

Nevada carrier wrote:
Once a week we target an anti OC business with several OCDO members and one at a time we enter their business. Act as though we are a typical customer and make them spend all day refusing us access to their store.

No one should do anything other than inform the management of these establishments that OC is legal, but still comply with their demand that we leave the premises. They just need to know that there are more than just a handful of us.

I too share your frustration, however like us, these owners/ managers are merely exercising their rights. like us not everyone is on the same page.

putting pressure on a business to change their business model is being tried rather unsuccessfully by the Brady Bunch over at Starbucks.

I think it is smarter and wiser if we spend our time and energy in a positive manner, on the businesses that are cool with OC. When you get to know the owners and staff, and talk on a first name basis in front of other customers, it is very comforting to the sheeple not to mention attitude changing over time.

shrtcrt

imported post

DON`T TREAD ON ME wrote:
I too share your frustration, however like us, these owners/ managers are merely exercising their rights. like us not everyone is on the same page.

putting pressure on a business to change their business model is being tried rather unsuccessfully by the Brady Bunch over at Starbucks.

I think it is smarter and wiser if we spend our time and energy in a positive manner, on the businesses that are cool with OC. When you get to know the owners and staff, and talk on a first name basis in front of other customers, it is very comforting to the sheeple not to mention attitude changing over time.

I agree. If you enter a place and you are open carrying and someone says something to you, let me know is it legal to do, but if they ask you to leave because they don't want guns visible, that is their right. You could let them know that by not allowing guns, they are making their business less safe because if someone who wants to harm them comes in, no one will be able to protect them.

rpyne

imported post

I have taken to an idea that came from a poster from Idaho. When asked to leave a business because he was OC, over the next several months he would send copies of receipts for purchases made from a competitor with a note pointing out the business lost because of their policy.