Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Had to pull my weapon..

Post imported post

DELETED

Post imported post

Good job.

Now make sure you know what condition you keep your pistol in in the future and see that Jen gets a firearm and some training in how to use it.
    http://arizonagunowners.com - The best AZ gun board around!

Post imported post

thank you.

Thats a very good idea, i normally dont like to have my 1911 cocked while i sleep, i guess i just forgot.

She was in the air force, and was trained with the beretta m9 9mm. So she knows how to use one, she just hasnt gotten one. I think she will now though. I hope so anyway.

Post imported post

Wow.
    I'm glad it turned out the way it did and everyone is safe.
    I'm glad his gun was empty and you didn't have to go through everything that comes along with having to shoot another person.

It's one of those 'what if' situations that you can think about, plan for and practice, but until it happens, you never know what's going to happen.

Here's hoping it's the last time you have to go through that!

-MH
    $2 Bill - Calling Card of the 2A Movement
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
    Seriously, who is John Galt?
    Vires et honestas

Post imported post

Good job, appropriate response, and thank God you didn't actually have to shoot him! A very definite case of an accident turning out for the best.

Well done, good luck, and stay safe.

Post imported post

Like the officer said, you were completely justified in using deadly force, and you knew that which is why you pulled the trigger. Thankfully your mistake in not keeping your 1911 cocked and locked didn't turn into a deadly mistake for you and your friend. You were fortunate that his gun was not loaded because he would have had the drop on you. You and the bad guy were both lucky that night.

I'm glad everything worked out all right in the end, but your gun not going "bang" when you pulled the trigger really bothers me. That would probably give me more nightmares than the thought of taking a life in self defense. I hope I never have to be in a situation like that.
    Do you want to enjoy liberty in your lifetime?

Consider moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

"Live Free or Die"

Post imported post

Yeah i know, i think from now on my glock will be my bed side gun. It did really bother me, and still does. Although like he said, it was a good mistake, but it could have ended badly for me, or for the bad guy, im just thankful i got to come home, and that jen is safe and the bad guy is now in jail.

Post imported post

"i could see light through his cylander indicating to me it had no bullets in it":shock:

Post imported post

Wow, I'm glad that everything went okay for you. Must of been a hell of a wake up call.

Post imported post

thank you, im very happy about the outcome.

And yes, a BIG wake up call, im just glad i was there with her, otherwise who knows what could have happened. Tomorrow im going to install window locks and dead bolts on her house, and shes looking into getting an alarm company as well.

Post imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
    "i could see light through his cylander indicating to me it had no bullets in it":shock:
    what is that supposed to mean?

Post imported post

maybe its cause you spelled cylinder wrong:P

lol just kidding. you got pretty lucky man i know if i was in that situation it would of been a way different outcome. you should take that girl pistol shopping, and maybe to the range or something to get her familiar with firearms.

edit - oops i didnt see the post above about being familiar with berettas

Post imported post

oh ok. im not much of a revolver person.

And yeah i plan to, for now im leaving my remington 870 tactical with her, it has a surefire light on it so shell be covered untill she gets one of her own

Post imported post

*1911_man* wrote:
    TheMrMitch wrote:
    what is that supposed to mean?
    EXCELLENT eyesight.

Post imported post

not really, he was only about 20 feet from me, and the kitchen light is one of those true natural lights so it was bright enough to see through the holes

Centurion

Post imported post

It is a little early for a story to come out, so maybe you can update us when it does.

Post imported post

do you mean in the news paper or something similar? if so and if i can find it ill definitely put it up, itll be less detailed since it will only be the brief police report type thing they put in the police beat.

Post imported post

Hey 1911,

No need to tell you how happy we all are that you survived the episode. I too am a big 1911 fan as well. and like you I also have a Glock, .45 of course. So if you don't mind my saying so, Glad the father was watching over you.

God Bless, Defensor

Post imported post

Thank you very much Defensor, i appreciate that.

The 1911 is a great handgun, as are the glocks.
    MY glock is the 40 cal. Would rather have a .45 but it is what it is.

Post imported post

I am also very glad everything worked out to the good for you that night. People never know for sure how they will deal with such a situation till confronted with the horror .

I do have one question though. Why do you not leave the 1911 cocked??? I just can't understand anyone owning a gun of any kind that they are afraid to carry with a round in the chamber , or are afraid of various other things about any certain gun.

By the way , that 1911 cocked and locked is just as safeas the Glock.

Post imported post

1911_man:

You're still alive. That's good.

You're very, very lucky to have been up against a complete idiot. If he had been in any way competent, you would be dead (and her as well).

Do yourself a favor, and sign-up for some combat handgun training -- it will help improve skills (tremendously), and that will always help.

I'm not trying to be a dink, but I've seen too many good people end up dead in similar situations over the years. I'm thankful that you (and the young lady) are not among them.

Training, training, training. Practice,practice, practice. Mindset, mindset, mindset.

Front Sight is a good place for training. Gunsite (which I live just a few measly miles from) is as well. There are others.

Take care.

Post imported post

thank you.

Thats actually a very good idea, not just for me, but for anyone who carries.

Also, To answer your question Jayspapa, i normally have a round in the chamber, cocked and locked, but i usually bring the hammer to half cock while im asleep.
    Just as an extra safety precaution, its habit.
    I guess my logic is the more steps it takes for an intruder to get my gun and use it against me, the better. I know, sounds stupid since theres a round in the chamber anyway. But thats just how ive always done it.

I believe all 3 of us were lucky, no one got hurt, and thats what matters to me.

Post imported post

Wow, I wouldn't have ever noticed that he didnt have his revolver loaded... that's the weirdest thing.

One thing they say is that in these situations you tend to notice things "after the fact" and remember them as happening then. Ie, the adrenaline running means you have issue with time.... who knows

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

I'm glad everyone is safe. And I know what you mean about being terrified when drawing on someone. It is NOT cool and it is not easy to go through. The one time I had to draw down on someone I shook off and on for a couple of hours afterward and had a nightmare or two where I actually shot and killed them. If you start having bad dreams or anything don't be afraid of talking to someone about it. It doesn't make you a wimp. It makes you human.

Ya did good!
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

McX

Post imported post

wow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast