Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: OC CLEAVELAND NATIONAL FORREST CLEAN UP DAY

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    SAN DIEGO, ,
    Posts
    66

    Post imported post

    Hello all. Sorry I have been out of the country for a while, and am now back, but as I noticed lately there has been a lot of bad publicity in the media regarding those of us trying to protect our 2A rights. My thought was to organize a clean up day in Cleavland National Forrest here in SD County. I think it would put a very positive spin on a sticky situation. With budget cuts, I know the National Parks could really use the help. If anyone is interested please let me know so I can contact the Parks Ranger and set it up. I would really like to have a big turn out. I will also be supplying the food, and drinks to all that come. I think this would be a great opportunity for us to show that we are not just a bunch or gun toting rednecks that the media is portraying us to be. Again I am sorry for being MIA for so long, But I am back and I want to get as many events going as possible. Thank you all. Carry on!

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Harrah, Oklahoma
    Posts
    769

    Post imported post

    I'm in. Can I bring my 30 friends and helicopter too?
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...
    Stolen from ConditionThree because it can't be stressed enough.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lemon Grove, Ca.
    Posts
    137

    Post imported post

    Same here long as it fits round my work schedual
    "Sooner or later we all must die. Warriors choose to do so on their feet, standing between their enemies and those they hold dear. With a weapon in their hands. Cowards choose to do so on their bellies. Unarmed."
    - Dave Gell (inspired by author David Weber)

    "The tragic history of civilian disarmament cries a warning against any systematic attempts to render innocent citizens ill-equipped to defend themselves from tyrant terrorists, despots or oppressive majorities,"
    - Daniel Schmutter

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    SAN DIEGO, ,
    Posts
    66

    Post imported post

    Awesome! I am awaiting a call back from the Park Ranger in charge to make all the details. I think this will be a great event. I have about 15 others in from North County as well. Thanks all. Carry on!

  5. #5
    Moderator / Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    8,711

    Post imported post

    Do you know if the area you are going to clean up is in an unincorporated terretory where neither the County nor Forest Service has banned shooting?

  6. #6
    State Pioneer ConditionThree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shasta County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,231

    Post imported post

    Mike wrote:
    Do you know if the area you are going to clean up is in an unincorporated terretory where neither the County nor Forest Service has banned shooting?
    What Mike is getting at is, if it is otherwise legal, are you going to make this an official Open Carry event (you know, with guns that are actually loaded).
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

    NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW


    Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

  7. #7
    Moderator / Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    8,711

    Post imported post

    ConditionThree wrote:
    Mike wrote:
    Do you know if the area you are going to clean up is in an unincorporated terretory where neither the County nor Forest Service has banned shooting?
    What Mike is getting at is, if it is otherwise legal, are you going to make this an official Open Carry event (you know, with guns that are actually loaded).
    and no load checks

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Palm Springs, California, USA
    Posts
    27

    Post imported post

    u can pick me up.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Palm Springs, California, USA
    Posts
    27

    Post imported post

    with a helichoper:celebrate

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Palm Springs, California, USA
    Posts
    27

    Post imported post

    anyone hear of the PCT, please think of doing this around the PCTA if possible!

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Palm Springs, California, USA
    Posts
    27

    Post imported post

    on the 10th there will be some doing trail maintenace north of 74 on the PCT. FYI.

  12. #12
    State Pioneer ConditionThree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shasta County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,231

    Post imported post

    Mike wrote:
    ConditionThree wrote:
    Mike wrote:
    Do you know if the area you are going to clean up is in an unincorporated terretory where neither the County nor Forest Service has banned shooting?
    What Mike is getting at is, if it is otherwise legal, are you going to make this an official Open Carry event (you know, with guns that are actually loaded).
    and no load checks
    ....Yes,... with no 12031 (e) checks... Check.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

    NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW


    Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

  13. #13
    Moderator / Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    8,711

    Post imported post

    i'm not suggesting you require people to carry loaded or even to carry - recall the ND at the Michigan picnic a while back as somebody without a conceal permit unloaded when getting back in their car - but it would be nice i think to avoide putting the police itn eh position of feeling pressured to do e checks - i really think that e check scheme is bad public policy on many grounds, especially since under Terry police can detain and disarm on reasonable suspicion of crime anyway.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lemon Grove, Ca.
    Posts
    137

    Post imported post

    ConditionThree wrote:
    Mike wrote:
    ConditionThree wrote:
    Mike wrote:
    Do you know if the area you are going to clean up is in an unincorporated terretory where neither the County nor Forest Service has banned shooting?
    What Mike is getting at is, if it is otherwise legal, are you going to make this an official Open Carry event (you know, with guns that are actually loaded).
    and no load checks
    ....Yes,... with no 12031 (e) checks... Check.
    Least we wont have to worry about getting "e" checked while there, and if were lucky we wont even be bothered while out there
    "Sooner or later we all must die. Warriors choose to do so on their feet, standing between their enemies and those they hold dear. With a weapon in their hands. Cowards choose to do so on their bellies. Unarmed."
    - Dave Gell (inspired by author David Weber)

    "The tragic history of civilian disarmament cries a warning against any systematic attempts to render innocent citizens ill-equipped to defend themselves from tyrant terrorists, despots or oppressive majorities,"
    - Daniel Schmutter

  15. #15
    State Pioneer ConditionThree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shasta County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,231

    Post imported post

    Chrisc411 wrote:
    ConditionThree wrote:
    Mike wrote:
    ConditionThree wrote:
    Mike wrote:
    Do you know if the area you are going to clean up is in an unincorporated terretory where neither the County nor Forest Service has banned shooting?
    What Mike is getting at is, if it is otherwise legal, are you going to make this an official Open Carry event (you know, with guns that are actually loaded).
    and no load checks
    ....Yes,... with no 12031 (e) checks... Check.
    Least we wont have to worry about getting "e" checked while there, and if were lucky we wont even be bothered while out there
    Well, if there is no prohibition to discharge in the area, if law enforcement demands to inspect under 12031, one could lawfully refuse such a search.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

    NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW


    Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lemon Grove, Ca.
    Posts
    137

    Post imported post

    ConditionThree wrote:
    Chrisc411 wrote:
    ConditionThree wrote:
    Mike wrote:
    ConditionThree wrote:
    Mike wrote:
    Do you know if the area you are going to clean up is in an unincorporated terretory where neither the County nor Forest Service has banned shooting?
    What Mike is getting at is, if it is otherwise legal, are you going to make this an official Open Carry event (you know, with guns that are actually loaded).
    and no load checks
    ....Yes,... with no 12031 (e) checks... Check.
    Least we wont have to worry about getting "e" checked while there, and if were lucky we wont even be bothered while out there
    Well, if there is no prohibition to discharge in the area, if law enforcement demands to inspect under 12031, one could lawfully refuse such a search.
    would there even be a reason for them to ask for a 12031? Like the reason for the 12031e is to check that its unloaded and being in a national forest they shouldn't have any need/nor reason to ask? or am i missing something?
    "Sooner or later we all must die. Warriors choose to do so on their feet, standing between their enemies and those they hold dear. With a weapon in their hands. Cowards choose to do so on their bellies. Unarmed."
    - Dave Gell (inspired by author David Weber)

    "The tragic history of civilian disarmament cries a warning against any systematic attempts to render innocent citizens ill-equipped to defend themselves from tyrant terrorists, despots or oppressive majorities,"
    - Daniel Schmutter

  17. #17
    State Pioneer ConditionThree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shasta County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,231

    Post imported post

    Chrisc411 wrote:
    would there even be a reason for them to ask for a 12031? Like the reason for the 12031e is to check that its unloaded and being in a national forest they shouldn't have any need/nor reason to ask? or am i missing something?
    There would be no reason to ask to do an (e) check in unincorporated territory. It wouldnt even rise to the level of a Terry stop without RAS.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

    NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW


    Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    SAN DIEGO, ,
    Posts
    66

    Post imported post

    while law permits you (sorry I didnt attach a penal code) to carry your firearm loaded in national parks, I am not telling everyone to come hot and heavy. Just to come and "dress" according to your comfort. As I said I am hammering out the details with the park ranger manager, and making sure I dont get us all in any trouble, and that we can get Open Carry some GOOD publicity!

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Marcos, California, USA
    Posts
    73

    Post imported post

    I'm in depending on date and time

  20. #20
    Founder's Club Member MudCamper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sebastopol, California, USA
    Posts
    710

    Post imported post

    SDPISTOLGRIP wrote:
    Hello all. Sorry I have been out of the country for a while, and am now back, but as I noticed lately there has been a lot of bad publicity in the media regarding those of us trying to protect our 2A rights. My thought was to organize a clean up day in Cleavland National Forrest here in SD County. I think it would put a very positive spin on a sticky situation. With budget cuts, I know the National Parks could really use the help. If anyone is interested please let me know so I can contact the Parks Ranger and set it up. I would really like to have a big turn out. I will also be supplying the food, and drinks to all that come. I think this would be a great opportunity for us to show that we are not just a bunch or gun toting rednecks that the media is portraying us to be. Again I am sorry for being MIA for so long, But I am back and I want to get as many events going as possible. Thank you all. Carry on!
    Just FYI National Forests and National Parks are very different types of lands, managed by completely different government bureaucracies. The NFs have always been friendly to firearms, while the NPs were just forced to accept them. Shooting and hunting is welcomed in the NFs, while firearms use is still prohibited in the NPs.

    See Firearms in Forests and Parks.



  21. #21
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, California, USA
    Posts
    405

    Post imported post

    Count me in, too.

  22. #22
    Regular Member PincheOgro1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Perris, Ca., California, USA
    Posts
    420

    Post imported post

    If I can get around my work schedule, I'll be there also.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lemon Grove, Ca.
    Posts
    137

    Post imported post

    So budddddddyyyyy any update as to whats the progress of this?
    "Sooner or later we all must die. Warriors choose to do so on their feet, standing between their enemies and those they hold dear. With a weapon in their hands. Cowards choose to do so on their bellies. Unarmed."
    - Dave Gell (inspired by author David Weber)

    "The tragic history of civilian disarmament cries a warning against any systematic attempts to render innocent citizens ill-equipped to defend themselves from tyrant terrorists, despots or oppressive majorities,"
    - Daniel Schmutter

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •