• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Price of Open Carry

DenWin

imported post

New Sig P226 Equinox in .40 S&W: $1000
20 rnds Hydrashock Low-Recoil: $22
100 rnds American Eagle: $50
Sig holster: $45
Open Carrying all day and no mayeh: Priceless

Just another day to everyone else down here at Ava Roasteria.

Ironbar

imported post

Very nice! I suspect that the vast majority of people I encounter when open carrying, don't even know I'm doing it. People just aren't that observant.

irehog66

imported post

Very Nice!

Not everyone can be a Sig owner! I have a P220 and carry a P228. I have bought and sold many firearms - will never sell these! Never found anything better than what I got!

Happy Carrying!

M

McX

imported post

one hi point .40 cal. 200 bucks or so
one retention holster $35
one box of ammo $20, or there abouts
peace of mind, and personal safety: PRICELESS!

DenWin

imported post

No matter what pistols I find, I always go back to the Sig. Had a P 228 for years, but eventually sold that for a Kimber. Worst mistake of my life, and now you can't find those any more, at least not for under a grand that I've seen.

We-the-People

imported post

Empty Blackhawk Serpa hoslter: $45.00

Hearing that security was called on me....TWICE: Free bonus

Walking around collegeand seeing pissed off anti-gun academics: PRICELESS

SMILE

TheHossUSMC

imported post

I open carry on campus sometimes. I have never had security called on me yet. I carry around several copies of Oregon Pre-emption law, CHL holders exemption of restriction to carry in public place and school policy all highlighted and hand them to anyone who says anything. One of these days I'm sure I'll get proned out by EPD on campus. MEH.

We-the-People

imported post

Which college if I may ask? And does their policy specifically state CHL exemption or just the more standard "unless authorized by state law" that I've seen in a couple (as in ONLY two) schools policies?

I'm trying to get ALL Community College policies that are state law compliant included in my "case" to the school here. Which by the way has progressed, sort of, instead of filing a grievance, the Associate Dean of Students told me the appropriate action is to write a letter to the President of the school and copy the Board of Directors. Now I just have to rework my main points into a letter format and submit it allong with all my already prepared "semi-legal mumbo jumbo".

TheHossUSMC

imported post

POLICY NUMBER: D.030 POLICY TYPE: MISCELLANEOUS
POLICY TITLE: POSSESSION OF FIREARMS

No person, including students, employees, college patrons and vendors may bring, possess, conceal, brandish, use or be in possession of a firearm, destructive device, or other dangerous weapons as defined by law, or give the appearance of being in possession on college-owned or controlled property or at activities under the jurisdiction or sponsorship of the college, except as provided by ORS 166.370 and federal law. As authorized by ORS 659A.001(4), the exceptions provided by state and federal law do not apply to Lane employees while engaged in work activities. Permitted exceptions include use in conjunction with approved instructional demonstration.
Lane Community College. They could try to make a big deal out of it, and seriously inconvenience me, but I could care less really. I am making a statement that I won't be bullied by bureaucratic bullshit. I conceal usually. And if I do open carry I cover it up in class if asked to do so out of respect for my professors.

We-the-People

imported post

I thought it might be Lane. There are two community colleges that I know of with lawful polices. Lane and PCC - YES PCC!!!!!!!Of course what is written and what is actually done may be worlds apart.

I'm hoping to get favorable language into the policy of RCC before I depart for my next "target" of SOU.

Considering that we only have one armed guard on the campus to begin with, we're a pretty derned soft target. You'd think they would encourage lawful carry by duly licensed individuals in order to increase security but the "head in the sand" is so much easier I guess.

We-the-People

imported post

Did you know there are several versions of "open carry is legal" (specific to Oregon) pamphlets that you can download and print running around this site?

I carry my some that I made myself as well as a condensed (non applicable portions removed) version of the ORS as applies to carry with a CHL. The ORS part is only 5 sheets of single sided print in regular font size including a few extra ORS's like the menacing statute.

Semper Fi

TheHossUSMC

imported post

Interesting, I was thinking about trying to get some NRA info out there around campus but this sounds even better. I personally carry a scaled down version of school policy and ORS pertaining to it. But pamphlets would be a lot better. I'll look around and see what I can find.

We-the-People

imported post

TheHossUSMC wrote:
Interesting, I was thinking about trying to get some NRA info out there around campus but this sounds even better. I personally carry a scaled down version of school policy and ORS pertaining to it. But pamphlets would be a lot better. I'll look around and see what I can find.

It took me a few minutes to find the thread but if you follow the link below you'll go to a thread here on OpenCarry where there are at least two tri-fold pamphlets that you can download and print.

Adamesq is, i believe, a lawyer and helped or did one of them. It is in PDF format and has a license to print and distribute on the pamphlet.

Another is one I did by compliling information from a bunch of places. It uses a similar format, includes most of the same information but does have some differences which I prefer. It is in MS Word (2003).

I carry the one I made and just print them in black and white, tri-fold them, and put them in a pocket along with my 5 pages of condensed ORS.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=30941&forum_id=45&highlight=trifold

The above link will get you access to all that I know of but you'd have to follow it to another thread to find the one by Adamesq so here's a direct link to that thread. Go to the thrid page and the last link (as they were tweaking it) and you'll get the "finished" version in PDF format.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum45/24193-3.html

Semper Fi