Thread: Country with least restrictive gun laws for citizens?

Post imported post

What country has the least restrictive gun laws for citizen purchase, ownership and carry?

Post imported post

Are we talking developed nations or any nation at all? If anything is fair game, I would say somewhere like Somalia, even though they have a "government", there are plenty areas in the country that have no government control. Same with areas of Afghanistan, Pakistan, and plenty of other countries...

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

...Chicago, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Detroit. Milwaukee ...

Banned

Post imported post

YoZUpZ wrote:
    Are we talking developed nations or any nation at all? If anything is fair game, I would say somewhere like Somalia, even though they have a "government", there are plenty areas in the country that have no government control. Same with areas of Afghanistan, Pakistan, and plenty of other countries...
    Good point. I guess the question is most useful regarding nations that have enough law to avoid general anarchy, while still protecting fundamental rights.

Post imported post

From everything I have heard the United States is by far the least restrictive for the average person. A lot of other countries may seem less restrictive but you need to read the fine print and see if they apply to the average cititzen or some special class.