• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No Open Carry at Shooters Sports Center on 6 mile

M

McX

imported post

i'm just blown away by the concept of it; rent a gun to whack yourself. think it will catch on at s-mart?

norsider

imported post

i visit the store at least once a month, the range a little less often. i even bought a handgun from them. i'm not real impressed with their employee's, some are very helpful and friendly, BUT, some have actually been rude. i will continue to go there because they have a nice range and they are close to home.

i don't open carry, but i thought it was odd thati had never seen anybody OC there, but to tell you the truth, even though i have been watching, i haven't seen any OC'ers around townat all. still hoping to meet Mugelude.

M

McX

imported post

norsider what do they charge to go over there to blast away? i was there on business, so i didn't get the price sheet.

M

McX

imported post

i talk too much. it will be interesting to see if the open carry pamphlets i left there get yoinked by law enforcement.

norsider

imported post

$12 an hour. only positive experiences on the range, i save my brass. they aren't clock watchers either.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

If you are LEO (active or retired) or military (active, reserve or retired) the cost to shoot is $10 an hour.

I agree that some of the guys that work there are just plain rude and to me, not knowledgeable about firearms. I ordered a firearm about two years ago and when I called for updates on when it would arrive the guy on the phone said "I don't know, how could I know?" in a non friendly way. It pissed me off and from that moment on I decided to never buy from them again.

I spoke with Bill the last time I was there (a few days before the suicide) and he was great. Funny thing is I open carried in the store in and out. If they don't want open carry they should post a sign on the front doors.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

The only policy that makes sense would be for them to post a sign saying "Guns brought in the store in a holster "Open-carried" should remain in the holster for your entire visit"

Any other policy no matter what the excuse wreaks of hypocrisy.

comp45acp

imported post

"insurance and range safety issue" They are just blowing smoke. This is as bogus an excuse as I have ever heard. If any business should support our Constitutional and civil rights it sure as hell should be a store whose product is devoted exclusively to the exercise of those rights. We expect all the other businesses in the state to respect our rights but allow this kind of treatment from a business that relies on our guaranteed rights for their survival. I won't shop there again until they wake up and do a little critical thinking about their policy.

M

McX

imported post

i can't debate the validity, i'm just pleased we got to leave some pamphlets there. plug i figure, he who owns the place sets the rules. they own the place. we should make like a wisconsin carry phonebook for us to list in.

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

This has been a policy of theirs since the beginning, I was informed of this by a friend of mine that worked there, however, I was never asked to leave.

They never posted a sign, I did open carry in there one time without incident. I have only been back in there one other time (I wasn't OC'g) because it was an emergency.

I have been taking my business elsewhere because of their policy, however, it does suck because they have always been good to me and I enjoyed shooting league there.

M

McX

imported post

they got us boys. all of them don't. i'll continue my personal charm attack, keep going there, like you got a choice, and each time mention open carry until they could just puke. someone's gotta give!

i may have an in, let me work on it .....................shhhhhhh!

Jason in WI

imported post

I'll tell you what McX, if I ever run for office I want to hire you! Your like a one man PR firm.

Keep up the good work!

scorpio_vette

imported post

man i sure wish i had time to get there this coming week. i'm very surprised to hear all this talk about them having a anti-policy.

i have open carried there at least 3x in the past there and have open carried everytime, in the store and on the range. nobody has every said anything to me.

M

McX

imported post

it's my job man; find the landmines to oc, try to diffuse them, if not mark them and move on. time and talents, i use what i have to further our position.

AaronS

imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
man i sure wish i had time to get there this coming week. i'm very surprised to hear all this talk about them having a anti-policy.

i have open carried there at least 3x in the past there and have open carried everytime, in the store and on the range. nobody has every said anything to me.
I feel the same way about Badger. I have carried about 3 or 4 times in the place, and all I was ever told was that I could not use it at the range if I bring it in a holster (no holster draw at Badger)... Now I see that Badger is telling our members no carry at all... I don't know what to say...

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AaronS wrote:
(no holster draw at Badger)
I don't know if it was just for people they know, or what... but at Shooters I would holster draw for league practice all of the time... well, I used to even drawn from concealment there to practice defensive shooting...

M

McX

imported post

anyone got an in at the milwaukee places- badger comes to mind, maybe get our pamphlets in there at least? start there.