• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

'Uh Oh Moment" #2

TheMrMitch

imported post

I gave up hunting quite some time ago. No problem.

Squirrels have been driving my Jumpin' Jack Russell nertz all day by playing right in front of my cabin.

Well, I loaded my newly traded for Brazilian Boito twice by and waited at my door. Nuttin'. Nada. Zilch.

I went ahead and took my shower, and as I was a dryin', I heard the Jumpin' Jack caterwalling like he was attacked and dying.

Off with the towel and to the door I flew.
Yup. About 4 young squirrels were playing in my yard.

I grabbed the shotty, opened the screen door, rebel yelled and let the Jack Russel go as I too came charging out.

Them tree rats went every direction in different trees. I picked one out and dropped him just as he was about to jump clean outta sight. The Jack Russell was besides himself with glee as he administered the 'coup de grace'.

The part that shamed me was.......
..... my neighbor from down the road saw it all. Sure wish I'd had that towell on.

:shock:

robin.kevin

imported post

Ahh no worries they just thought you had either lost your mind or had one too many. They will just write it off as we all do with the ol "only in Kentucky" line. LOL

TheMrMitch

imported post

Rhat chere, fellas......Had to take her into my custody for safekeeping (after a good frisking).;)

Picture161.jpg