• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

carried in post office followed by ss office without realizing..

FMCDH

imported post

GASP!! And no one died!?!? :what:

You go so lucky your pistol didnt fly out of its holster on its own and shoot everyone nearby!

;)

Machoduck

imported post

Thank goodness the cops didn't see you do that. They would have ticketed you, having the moral high ground of never making mistakes themselves. sarcasm/off

I see an increasing tendency to call everything one might do a crime, never a mistake. The aim of tyrants is to make everyone a criminal, except themselves of course, and thereby capture the moral high ground. Except that in the world of newspeak, where freedom is slavery, what does moral high ground mean?

MD

Aaron1124

imported post

antispam540 wrote:
"I got away with it, so I felt compelled to rush home and confess to two federal crimes in a public forum!" :p
Well unless he was actually caught in the act.. he could come on here and say he just sold 10 kilos of cocaine today. LOL

amzbrady

imported post

antispam540 wrote:
"I got away with it, so I felt compelled to rush home and confess to two federal crimes in a public forum!" :p
Dont know why the public cant carry in a Post Office, Its the Postal workers that go postal.

Batousaii

imported post

LT ... you must ensure everyone knows the power of that Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie.

See http://zapatopi.net/afdb/.. For those that may need to construct one.

Tony, I am glad your OK. Especially if you were not deploying AFDB, they could have figured you out easily.

lol ;)Bat

usaf0906

imported post

Tony Santiago wrote:
i had completely forgotten about these buildings being property of the u.s.. i had to drop off some packages at the post, and then re file for a replacement ss card.

i was CCing the entire time, and then later on i realized it was a violation of a us law..

oops
Since you were carrying for a lawful purpose, are you really in violation?

Machoduck

imported post

Aaah, that's the beauty of laws that say, in effect, yes you can but on the other hand, no you can't. This comes about because there are so many laws that nobody can keep track of them, let alone the inherent contradictions between them.

MD

oneeyeross

imported post

Batousaii wrote:
LT ... you must ensure everyone knows the power of that Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie.

See http://zapatopi.net/afdb/.. For those that may need to construct one.

Tony, I am glad your OK. Especially if you were not deploying AFDB, they could have figured you out easily.

lol ;)Bat
Yes, but there is evidence to refute the AFDB effectiveness...http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/

"Conclusion: The helmets amplify frequency bands that coincide with those allocated to the US government between 1.2 Ghz and 1.4 Ghz. According to the FCC, These bands are supposedly reserved for ''radio location'' (ie, GPS), and other communications with satellites (see, for example, [3]). The 2.6 Ghz band coincides with mobile phone technology. Though not affiliated by government, these bands are at the hands of multinational corporations. It requires no stretch of the imagination to conclude that the current helmet craze is likely to have been propagated by the Government, possibly with the involvement of the FCC. We hope this report will encourage the paranoid community to develop improved helmet designs to avoid falling prey to these shortcomings."

Landpimp

imported post

correct you cant carry in the PO, but a most(buildings) are not owned but the Gov, they are leased from someone, USPS owns very few of the of the local PO. If I recall(and might bewrong)PO workers are not federal workers, they are contract workers

regardless.....yeah packing at the PO is a no no

amzbrady

imported post

Landpimp wrote:
correct you cant carry in the PO, but a most(buildings) are not owned but the Gov, they are leased from someone, USPS owns very few of the of the local PO. If I recall(and might bewrong)PO workers are not federal workers, they are contract workers

Way I read it, having a firearm in your car in the parking lot while you go in unarmed is a no no.

Aaron1124

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Landpimp wrote:

Way I read it, having a firearm in your car in the parking lot while you go in unarmed is a no no.
So what choices does that leave? Park across the street?

amzbrady

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:
Seeing as this website is monitered by law enforcement, it's my guess this is a late April fools joke.
TinfoilHat.jpg

:uhoh: They are coming for you, Tony.... don't answer that knock at the door! :what:
OMG, LMFAO... Sgt Schultz has been abducted and mind melted with the cat in the hat.

Landpimp

imported post

not sure, but my local PO is leased as the parking lot is also leased and shared with many other business's, so I think in my case the lot is no issue. I can ask the Post Master when I see him next but cant recall anyone ever being arrested for packing in the PO, I am sure someone has just cant think of any instance

Wonder why its not likethe other off limits places that are required to secure you gun(like say going to LESA) while they dont, they if you call ahead will have someone to watch your gun, its the LAW. Of course I dont feel the need to waste on officers time, so I just leave em in the car

amzbrady wrote:
Landpimp wrote:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Tony Santiago wrote:
i had completely forgotten about these buildings being property of the u.s.. i had to drop off some packages at the post, and then re file for a replacement ss card.

i was CCing the entire time, and then later on i realized it was a violation of a us law..

oops
Will this be your excuse when you try and enter a court or airport security area as well, I cannot see how one can forget they are carrying and entering such a well know off limits areas and claim it to be by accident or oh I forgot.

If it is so easy for you to forget then what is the next thing you will forget? Exercising our right to Bear Arms come with a great responsibility and not to be taken lightly.