• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Transporting your firearm in your car

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Flipper wrote:
Shotgun wrote:
Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Flipper wrote:
You WILL be told to stay in your car.
Then I WILL disobey the unlawful order. It may be his policy direction but it is not lawful.
Might be leaving yourself open to a "resisting" charge.
From the Wis DoT Q&A: Should I stay in my car after I am stopped or should I get out and meet the officer? You should remain in your car. An officer might interpret someone suddenly exiting their car and approaching him/her as a threat. Stay put and refrain from a lot of movement--even if it is simply to tidy up your car. The officer will come to you.
Pleased to be subjects, the both of you.

Let's see, which blurb is appropriate here? Ah yes...
Normative and prescriptive statements, characterized by 'would', 'should' and 'could', have no truth value, are not falsifiable and are not categorical or legal.
A law enFORCEment agent can charge anything the hell he wants but the district Attorney brings the indictment.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Flipper wrote:
Shotgun wrote:
Flipper wrote:
Then I WILL disobey the unlawful order. It may be his policy direction but it is not lawful.
Might be leaving yourself open to a "resisting" charge.
From the Wis DoT Q&A: Should I stay in my car after I am stopped or should I get out and meet the officer? You should remain in your car. An officer might interpret someone suddenly exiting their car and approaching him/her as a threat. Stay put and refrain from a lot of movement--even if it is simply to tidy up your car. The officer will come to you.
Pleased to be subjects, the both of you.

Let's see, which blurb is appropriate here? Ah yes...
Normative and prescriptive statements, characterized by 'would', 'should' and 'could', have no truth value, are not falsifiable and are not categorical or legal.
A law enFORCEment agent can charge anything the hell he wants but the district Attorney brings the indictment.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$ damn the thug Obamanation' subjects.

Enjoy:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/should:shock:

imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:
Flipper wrote:
Flipper wrote:
Young driver, if you get out, don't be squirmy. See "Hello Officer"
Did you hear that Doug. Flipper called you a 'Young driver'.
Yeah, he's not the first to express overt age-ism. Maybe someday his chimpanzee tyrant will declare it, too, "hate speech", along with bashing pigs.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Flipper wrote:
Shotgun wrote:
Maybe, maybe not. I've gotten out of my car at a traffic stop, approached the squad car, leaned into the window and asked "What do you want?" and I never was asked to return to my car. The LEO never got out of his car. I did not get a ticket either. So far my score is 4 speeding stops, 0 tickets. 1 improper hauling stop (Menards did not put a red flag on my lumber), 0 tickets. I got out of my car at some point during 4 of the 5 stops. Never was I told to get out.
You must have one hellva set of legs on you. :lol:
Don't be peeking. Maybe I'll wear shorts to the next OC event.

imported post

BJA wrote:
Hmmmm Doug very interesting. Please elaborate on "getting out of the car during a traffic stop." I would like to know more. I am guessing getting out of the car is not an illegal act itself during a traffic stop. I wonder if a police officer request/demand to get back into the vehicle is lawfull. Goddam so many laws...
Sorry, I didn't look back at page one as displayed in my browser.

I prefer not to give an officer any opportunity to peek at or sniff the interior of my car. If it is not my immediate surround then he can't stretch Terry into a fishing expedition. ("Stretch Terry" like a swinette, a country musical instrument made of a pig's anus stretched over a sh|tcan.)

Exiting, securing and locking your automobile is protecting your 4 & 5 Rights.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

You are not required to answer any questions, if you feel uncomfortable by staying mute, reply to the question with another question.

Officer asks; "Do you have any weapons in your car?"
You could reply with; " Do you see any weapons in my car?"
"Why do you ask?" Or my favoriteif I really want to piss them off; "I do not feel like discussing my personal/private life with you at this time"

If I am asked to step out of the vehicle, the door gets closed and locked immediately after exiting, and the keys are placed in my pocket. Many times cops will try to get a better look in the car when you are exiting, or they will stick their head into an open door or window to get a better look around. They are ding nothing but looking for a reason to arrest you at this point, do not provide a reason for them to do so.
They will try to bully you by saying "If you got nothing to hide, then why not let me take a look around"

At this point you got to get belligerent and state that you are not waiving any of your rights, if you stand mute, they may be able to get evidence from a search and have it be admitted in courtbecause you did not object fiercely to it at the time.

Stand up for those rights, do not let a cop push you around to go on a fishing expedition.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Nor will I because I know of no law making it lawful and I know of no law making a free citizen subject to a law enFORCEment agent.
Really? Your own post from last August included a citation for a US 7th Circuit Court of Appeals case which ruled that a person may be properly convicted of disorderly conduct for refusing to obey police orders.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/27414.html

Carcharodon

imported post

I got stopped a few years ago for speeding(52 in a 45). I had my cased 10/22 on the back seat of my jeep minus top and doors. The cop didn't even mention it, just told me to watch my speed(all 7 mph of it) and sent me on my way.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

It appears that you are sadly confused about the judicial process. But I am pleased that you read me closely and remember.
Don't want to burst your bubble, Doug, but that particular thread came up during a Google search.

I don't think I suffer any confusion about the judicial process. The judicial process took a Wisconsin case and ruled that a man was properly convicted of disorderly conduct when he did not obey a police officer's command. Nothing very confusing about that.... although perhaps it is for you.