• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Goodbye Tooele, Hello WVC

LovesHisXD45

imported post

Well, I will be moving from Tooele to WVC after living out here for 8 great years; save the last few because of the divorce, but it has been a wild ride. I will be OC everywhere like usual, so I hope to run into a few of my fellow OCers every once in awhile now that I have gone from the middle of nowhere to the middle of everything. Wish me luck on setting all of the OEOs in my new town straight. It should be a barrel of monkeys. :) It will be nice to be right down the street from Doug's Shoot-N-Sports though. I will be able to get in a lot more range time without the long drive. Now, if only I could find a way to cut my expenses on ammo... :)

Kevin

younggun20

imported post

I just moved from that location to Ogden, I preferred WVC heavily. I never had any bad experiences while OCing. Oh how I miss it so!

Also dougs sells reloads.. I usually buy .40 and .45's when I go
I think .40's are $11 and .45 are something like $15?

LovesHisXD45

imported post

Pistol Pete Utah wrote:
Buy a .22 handgun, I shoot the hell out of my Walther P22. It is not the same but it gives me a lot more time with a gun in my hand.
I just might do that. Also, getting one of those banana clips that holds a couple hundred rounds for it would be fun too. :)

LovesHisXD45

imported post

younggun20 wrote:
I just moved from that location to Ogden, I preferred WVC heavily. I never had any bad experiences while OCing. Oh how I miss it so!

Also dougs sells reloads.. I usually buy .40 and .45's when I go
I think .40's are $11 and .45 are something like $15?
My experience with Doug's reloads has been lackluster. They use cheap dirty powder, and they short on the grains so you get occasional jams, FTFs and the whole lot depending on your caliber and gun. I have sworn off using their reloads. I only feed my baby the premium stuff now. :) Besides, I will have a lot more money now that I don't have to pay a $1,200.00 mortgage and fill my gas tank up every three days with $25.00 worth of gas for the long commute to work. Muahahhahah!! The single life is good my friends.

Kevin

thx997303

imported post

Unlike the elusive OEO, I don't go around enforcing my opinions on others, and I especially don't enforce them at gunpoint.

I carry because it is my right, not my opinion.

Anyway, I know you won't change your mind, so I'm just going to ignore the troll.

LovesHisXD45

imported post

BILLYBADBOY wrote:
thx997303 wrote:
Opinion Enforcement Officer
That is just like what we do. LOL
You got some splainin to do on this comment Lucy. Don't just throw a wise crack out there. Let's hear what you have to say on the matter. I understand the word "like" is a similaic misnomer to you, but I fail to see how voicing opinions about open carry online is, in any way, similar to what an OEO on duty is doing to somebody when they are threatening and intimidating people with false arrests and charges for crimes that don't exist just because they don't approve of your method of carry.

I'm not flaming you, but you might want to structure your comments a little better and explain your viewpoint in farther detail. So far, your conduct on here has been trollish and ignorant. If you are here to argue points about what you believe in relation to open carry, then by all means, just spit it out boy. Don't hagger us with loaded comments looking for a flaming retaliation. From a psychological standpoint, you are about three pints shy of a kegger. Get it together man or get lost, seriously.

Kevin

Rottie

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Crawl back under your rock.

I don't see what the big deal is. Billybadboy's comment to me did not seem on its face to be inflamatory. We all need to take a step back every once in a while. It is obvious we are all very strong willed and opinionated. We have to be, otherwise we would not have the courage to carry a firearm openly and deal with the occasional social disapproval and challenges from some law enforcement officers. I don't believe that Billybadboy meant offence and I refuse to takeoffence where none is intended. Perhaps there is history between you two that I am missing that would provide context to your comments, and if so you may kindly dismiss my remarks. But absent that context, I fail to see the big deal.:quirky

To loveshisxd, congrats on your move to WVC! I hope you can help make a positive impact on your new community. It seemed WVCPD received some bad press in the recent past for the wrongful way they approached OCers. Hopefully they have received some good education on the subject so that you will not have problems with them. Good luck with the move:D

BILLYBADBOY

imported post

No slam is intended. I do agree with Rottie.

Sometimes we take ourselves way to seriously.

Being an OEO or making sure to educate others comes from the same type of personality. I don't mean to offend by stating that.

As for thx, do I even know you? I do not remember having had any issues with you in the past. I am not looking for any in the present. The future is not looking so bright for us my friend.

swillden

imported post

BILLYBADBOY wrote:
Being an OEO or making sure to educate others comes from the same type of personality.
Educating those who are interested is completely different from enforcing opinions on those who are not.

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

BILLYBADBOY wrote:
Being an OEO or making sure to educate others comes from the same type of personality. I don't mean to offend by stating that.
Officer Billy,

I won't even attempt to play armchair psychologist about what is or is not the same personality type.

But I will point out the huge practical difference between a private citizen engaging in lawful conduct that might be offensive to some others, and a government employee attempting to enforce his opinion as the law of the land and ILLEGALLY infringing on the rights of others.

I don't care one whit whether a cop likes me or hates me. I don't care whether a cop loves guns or hates guns. I don't care whether a cop tells racist, sexist, or other politically incorrect jokes in his private time. I don't care whether a cop loves or hates mormons, jews, muslims, catholics, etc. I don't care whether a cop likes big tits or flat chests. I don't care whether cops are democrats, republicans, libertarians, or politically disinterested. I just don't care about a cop's personal views. They are his business, NOT mine.

I care VERY much whether a cop--or any government agent--allows his personal biases to influence his on-the-job conduct toward those he is suppose to be serving.

If I get treated differently because I am one race or another, because I attend one church or another, because of my sex, or sexual orientation, or because I choose to wear a T-Shirt with a pro- or con- Obama, McCain, Romney, or Palin message on it, that is a problem and I care very much. If a cop singles me out for different treatment because I have a pro-choice or a pro-life bumper sticker on my car, that is a problem.

Similarly, if a cop attempts to enforce his personal views of the propriety of legally, peacefully carrying a gun in public, that, is a real problem. It is a crime; It is violation of my rights.

I don't care what a cop's personal views are.

I care VERY much whether he is infringing my rights. Doing so out of honest ignorance of the law is bad enough. To do so knowing that my conduct is legal, but attempting to enforce his personal opinion as law is wholly unacceptable. And it many cases it is legally actionable placing the city's, taxpayers, and sometimes the officer's personal finances all at risk.

Now, does your duty sergeant, lieutenant, captain, and chief know you are on here offering up blatant and pathetic defenses of such illegal and immoral conduct on the part of police officers?

Why are YOU so anxious to enforce your personal opinion as the law, Officer Billy?

Do you views represent most other officers? If so, a lot of the complaints about officer conduct that are called "bashing" are probably justified.

If not, then you are clearly less professional than your colleagues and are giving them a bad name with your conduct.

Which is it, Officer Billy?

Charles

BILLYBADBOY

imported post

Wow,

how is this PERSONAL attack towards me got anything to do with OC or guns?

Get back on track my friend.

Billy

(The delivery driver)

beep beep

No personal attacks charles....it is one of the rules.

edited to be nicer.

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

BILLYBADBOY wrote:
how is this PERSONAL attack towards me got anything to do with OC or guns?

(The delivery driver)
What exactly did you consider to be a personal attack officer billy? The accusation that you are a police officer? Or the suggestion that good cops do not enforce their personal opinions as law?

If you want to defend police officers enforcing personal opinion as the law of the land, expect to be challenged on that.

And if you want to keep hiding behind the anonymity of the internet, expect to be challenged on your real identity. A peace officer would have legitimate reasons to conceal his identity on a public chat board. A delivery driver has no legitimate excuse. Notice how quickly Kevin changed his entire log in once he was free of the legal limits of military service. I routinely post my full name and provided you a full bio of my political activities when you requested it.

I'm just betting chief Smith might recognize your writing style if I were to present him with some of your posts.

Now, would you like to man up and give us a real, and truthful introduction?

Or at the very least, stop defending really bad conduct on the part of a few, rare, bad apples among the police. Most Utah peace officers do NOT act the way you suggest they should be allowed to act.

This isn't the street. You don't get to maintain verbal (much less physical) control of the situation. Let's see if you have the honor, integrity, courage, and writing skills to actually engage in meaningful debate and discussion rather than continuing with your cowardly hit and run sniping attacks.

Charles

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

All,

'Officer Billy' has sent me the following PM.

"chuck,

"what ever your personal issues with me may or may not be, give it a rest.

"I am a delivery driver by the way."

I have responded with a message that reads in part:

I've been very clear about my personal issues with you:

1-You refuse to ID yourself. That is rude and cowardly.

2-You defend the rare, but very bad conduct of a few cops who are hostile to our rights and use the power of their office to infringe those rights.

3-Rather than engaging in honest debate or discussion, you snipe, hit and run, and cower from honest interactions.

My personal message to 'officer billy' goes on to encourage him to improve his conduct on the board or to find another place to play troll. The likes of "cheese" and "officer billy's" conduct to date do NOT add anything positive to the discussion. Billy's defense of the worst of rare, officer conduct does not do any favors for the image of police officers either.