• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Goodbye Tooele, Hello WVC

Rottie

imported post

utbagpiper wrote:
All,

'Officer Billy' has sent me the following PM.

"chuck,

"what ever your personal issues with me may or may not be, give it a rest.

"I am a delivery driver by the way."

I have responded with a message that reads in part:

I've been very clear about my personal issues with you:

1-You refuse to ID yourself. That is rude and cowardly.

2-You defend the rare, but very bad conduct of a few cops who are hostile to our rights and use the power of their office to infringe those rights.

3-Rather than engaging in honest debate or discussion, you snipe, hit and run, and cower from honest interactions.

My personal message to 'officer billy' goes on to encourage him to improve his conduct on the board or to find another place to play troll. The likes of "cheese" and "officer billy's" conduct to date do NOT add anything positive to the discussion. Billy's defense of the worst of rare, officer conduct does not do any favors for the image of police officers either.

I applaud Billybadboy for taking the issue up in private with you and that is where it should have stayed, in private. Feel free to disagree with him but please do so without the personal insult! This is a public forum not a personal and private boxing ring. You have accused Billybadboy of some pretty serious things none of which I have found to be true to this particular thread. No, he is not without fault in the conflict between you two, however he has been clear on this thread that he meant no disrespect or insult by what he said. I have never known a "troll" to come out and do that as well as make extra efforts to contact someone privately and ask them to give it a rest. Trolls don't care and that is why they trollpublicly.

To Billybadboy, you are not entirely undeserving of the disrespect you have been Shown byUtahbagpiper. It is Charles and not "Chuck" and he has told you in past threads his thoughts on this. If you really want him to "give it a rest" then show him some respect as you would like him to do for you.

I agree that anonimity can breed incivility as has been said by others in the past so here goes. My name is Curt. I live in Bountiful, and have done so for the past eight years. Prior to that I lived in many areas of the Salt Lake Valley as a newly wed college student. I have three young children, all boys. I have been married for coming up on 12 years but have known my wife for much longer than that. We dated in highschool, and she waited for me while I served an LDS mission in South America. I have a degree in psychology from the U of U and am currently employed by working with children who have been affected by serious physical, emotional, and sexual abuse.

Now back to what I am asking for, areturn to civility. "An armed society is a polite society", at least that it what some of us tell the skeptics we meet. Let's make sure that our future posts reflect that. I thank you both for the positive contributions to this site that you have made. Both of you have offered thought provoking posts for me in the past and I hope they will continue. I also hope to meet you both at OC dinners in the future. I have been to a few in the past but have not managed to meet everyone yet.

Curt

thx997303

imported post

Just an offhand thought.

It seems that those who defend the wrongful actions of the elusive OEO, are harming the image of good officers, and tend to breed contempt for LE.

Far more damage than is done by a LE basher.

A few things have been gone over before, but I guess I may mention them again.

In my view, LEO's are no more deserving of respect than any other man on the street until they do something to earn the respect.

Just because someone IS a LEO, does not mean he is because he wants to help society.

Same with soldiers. In my time in the United States Army, I met some good people, but I also met some of the worst people I have ever met.

Someones job is not a reflection on who that person is. Ones actions are.

And the reason as I see it, that Billy here is the object of such disdain, is he in this thread, compared OCers to criminals.

I am not a criminal, and do not "enforce" my opinion on others.

If somebody disagrees with my method of carrying, what is my response?

Well, generally something like "I disagree, have a nice day"

This is in no way "enforcement" of my opinion.

And when an officer of the law tells me that what I am doing iis illegal, when it in fact is not, It is not opinion "enforcement" when I tell him he is wrong. It's a matter of facts.

It is legal for me to go about my day armed openly. Fact. No debate.

Whether it is appropriate is opinion, and I will not "enforce" mine on others.

Rant over.

Rottie

imported post

I appreciate your perspective. I read the post a little differently. I did not really think that billybadboy was seriously calling us OEO's, I took the "LOL" following his original statement to be a measured ammount of sarcasm. I may have read it wrong.I did appreciate him coming back with a separate post stating he meant no harm or disrespect by it. That was enough to put me at ease.

On a separate note, thank you for your service to our country!

LovesHisXD45

imported post

Rottie wrote:
I appreciate your perspective. I read the post a little differently. I did not really think that billybadboy was seriously calling us OEO's, I took the "LOL" following his original statement to be a measured ammount of sarcasm. I may have read it wrong.I did appreciate him coming back with a separate post stating he meant no harm or disrespect by it. That was enough to put me at ease.

On a separate note, thank you for your service to our country!
Notice how billy bones never responded to my last comment on his posting either. When he got the reaction he wanted from Charles, he zeroed in on that conflict and inflated it to instigate a response he knew would stir up controversy. This is the classical psychological behavior of a biased troll with an agenda.

Kevin