• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Starbucks robbed

rodbender

imported post

Damn, Brady Bunch was right. This would not have happened if they would have posted "No Guns Allowed". But then, they could have used a machete, I suppose.

Pace

imported post

...but did the people there still get to "have their coffee without being intimidated by open carriers" ?

That's all that matters, if they got to have their mochafrapewhatever.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Pace wrote:
...but did the people there still get to "have their coffee without being intimidated by open carriers" ?

That's all that matters, if they got to have their mochafrapewhatever.
For real. I'd much rather be intimidated by an armed robber than an OCer.

At least the armed robber isn't likely to shoot you if there isn't enough money in the register. Whereas the OCer is bound to shoot you over the last packet of cinnamon or if you scream "moron!" at him.

:quirky

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

KYKevin wrote:
You know with all the open carry in starbucks in the news these guys had to be pretty dumb to even think about robbing one.
Not so. They undoubtedly knew that their target was within a Criminal's-guns-only-school-zone.

M

McX

imported post

i'll bet the management complained of us, as they do of the cops, with the classic: where the hell is an open carrier, or cop, fill in the blank, when you need one?:p

modelo57

imported post

I'm confused! The store was closed at the time of the robbery? Why in the hell was the door not LOCKED! This is a null post as an after hours robbery would not, could not be prevented by OCing.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

"It makes you wonder if it might have been a couple of students or somebody who's gotten on campus without going through the necessary procedures," said sophomore Mike Critch.
What necessary procedures? Anybody can walk onto a college campus easy enough. I mean, its not like trying to enter a military base that has security fences and armed guards at the entrances.

A college degree can be a terrible thing to waste.... on an idiot.