Thread: "No Weapons Allowed" Signs

Post imported post

I have read several opinions on signs, but can only find one reference to signs in NRS...and that pertains to Public buildings..

But when I call the Sheriffs office they tell me they are legal and must be obeyed...Any thoughts??????

I remember seeing a sign on Cashmen center at one of the gun shows, which had a county code number after it but cant remember what it was...

Post imported post

lol, a "no firearms allowed" sign at a gun show... that's funny.
    Nevada Campus Carry: The Movement Continues
    http://nvcampuscarry.blogspot.com

Post imported post

doninvegas wrote:
    I have read several opinions on signs, but can only find one reference to signs in NRS...and that pertains to Public buildings..

But when I call the Sheriffs office they tell me they are legal and must be obeyed...Any thoughts??????

I remember seeing a sign on Cashmen center at one of the gun shows, which had a county code number after it but cant remember what it was...
    He is full of it. Ask him what NRS makes such signs on private property enforceable.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

doninvegas wrote:

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

Nevada carrier wrote:
    the sign is mounted to the building....it looks like an official sign...

Post imported post

doninvegas wrote:
    Nevada carrier wrote:
    the sign is mounted to the building....it looks like an official sign...
    If it gives the NRS, that statute can be checked to see if it applies. NRS, iirc, only applies to Public buildings. If the building is a private business, the statute does not apply. Is the Cashman Center a public building within the NRS statute definition?

Post imported post

Cashman is a public ownedbuilding so it does fit.

Post imported post

wrightme wrote:
    Is the Cashman Center a public building within the NRS statute definition?
    Yes, it is. It is owned and operated by the LVCVA, a political subdivision of the State of Nevada

Ken

Post imported post

So i can only assume that every gun show, there are a bunch of people breaking the law...almost every vender there carries (CC) a gun.....

Post imported post

doninvegas wrote:
    So i can only assume that every gun show, there are a bunch of people breaking the law...almost every vender there carries (CC) a gun.....
    Yes, if they are, they are breaking the law.

Ken

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Don't forget about exception 4(d) of NRS 202.3673. This exception states:

The provisions of paragraph (b) of subsection 3 do not prohibit:

4.(d). A permittee from carrying a concealed firearm while he or she is on the premises of the public building if the permittee has received written permission from the person in control of the public building to carry a concealed firearm while the permittee is on the premises of the public building.
    It may be that, as a paid vendor, these folks have gotten said permission. Maybe the permission is implied.

This is course just an assumption on my part since I've never been a gun show vendor, and have never seen any of their written agreements.

Post imported post

doninvegas wrote:
    If they CC how do you know? You can OC at the gun show though.

Post imported post

The only way you could OC at a gun show with a sign posted, is to stop at the front desk and have your weapon checked in and locked out with a tie wrap....same for CC if you tell them you are CC..

Post imported post

doninvegas wrote:
    The only way you could OC at a gun show with a sign posted, is to stop at the front desk and have your weapon checked in and locked out with a tie wrap....same for CC if you tell them you are CC..
    I know and understand that. You said that a bunch of vendors were CC. I asked how do you know since they are CC.

Post imported post

My thought is if there is a sign and you are OC then they will ask you leave, if you see a sign and are CC then does not matter, unless it is a public building like stated.