• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

False sense of security

Nevada carrier

imported post

Speaking to a friend at work he asked why I carry. I told him that there are three reasons #1 personal defense, #2 deterrent, #3 by not exercising my rights I would effectively forfeit them.

He said "I live in a good neighborhood with a security guard and a gate, I feel pretty safe." To this I replied, "If you where a criminal looking for a person to rob, Wouldn't you head for the neighborhoods where people are driving BMW's Mercedes-Benz Benz, and Hummer H1's? wouldn't you target people living in a gated community with a false sense of security? do you honestly thing you can never be assaulted anywhere but your home? To this he replied "good point, how do I get a permit to carry a gun?" I said, "buy a gun, put it in a holster and don't conceal it. The permit is in the second amendment.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

Cool, it sounds like he was convinced.

If it were me I'd also tell him how to get a permit to conceal after I told him that he could carry openly without a permit. A lot of people are not willing to draw attention to themselves.