Thread: Interesting thing happened this morning.

Post imported post

The ****** bag below me was sitting in his car parked in front of my apartment with the car stereo thumping away. So I simply decided it was time for the dog to go for a walk... I walk out of my apartment and down the stairs. I turn and walk showing my strong side and he immediately turned down the music.
    Nevada Campus Carry: The Movement Continues
    http://nvcampuscarry.blogspot.com

Post imported post

:?

One of my biggest negative issues with OC is that whether intended or not, many people feel inherently threatened. I wouldn't really feel comfortable using that to my advantage.
    "You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence."
    -- Charles A. Beard
    XD(m) 9mm

Post imported post

alot of people think of us as LEOs. and if that was the case. he probably turned his tunes down to do fear of disturbing the peace....which is an actual ticket for a loud stereo

Post imported post

flagellum wrote:
    :?

One of my biggest negative issues with OC is that whether intended or not, many people feel inherently threatened. I wouldn't really feel comfortable using that to my advantage.
    I think your logic is a little flawed. There will always be somebody that feels threatened when they see someone with a gun. Your statement can only lead to one conclusion, we must stop OCng. That way nobody will feel threatened. It would have been taking advantage of OCng if Nevada Carrier had approached the neighbor. Simply walking the dog is doing nothing morethan going about one's life. That in itself is not threatening, OC or not.

Post imported post

The line is crossed if I walk up to him with my digits wrapped around the pistol grip ready to draw my gun and tell him to turn down the music or else, Which I did not do.

All I did was go outside and take my dog for a walk with my firearm. What he concluded is out of my control. I made no effort to pursued him to think one thing or another. I can tell you one thing, people who have a chip on their shoulder and have the attitude that they can do what ever they want, tend not to believe they are big and bad when they know the playing field is even or tilted against them.

In all reality if he refused or ignored any direct request to turn down the music, I would have just pulled out my cell phone and started dialing. But If I'm armed and he goes on the offense I have every measure at my disposal up to and including deadly force to defend myself. It's then up to me to use the appropriate response based on the threat that's presented.
    Nevada Campus Carry: The Movement Continues
    http://nvcampuscarry.blogspot.com

Post imported post

You did not do anything wrong. That guy made his own conclusions when he saw you OC.

Post imported post

In a situation like that, let them think what they want. If they want to err on the side of caution just because they see a responsible person with a firearm, then good for them.
    "Most people respect the badge. Everybody... respects the gun."