• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

guy dropped all of his ammo in Bank of America

U8Dust

Banned
imported post

just got back from Bank of America down in Des Moines (the one by the marina), and as i am getting ready to leave, i hear "clunk" and turn around to see some guys magazine fall on the floor and all of his ammo splattered everywhere over about an 8' radius. he quickly scattered to pick it all up. the other two customers in there just stared at him blankly.

Mech

imported post

What the hell? Was he OC'ing? What kind of holster/gun was it? That's bizarre, at least to me!

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Yeah, while funny, that leaves some questions.

Namely, what gun?

None of my mags would ever lose more than -- just maybe -- the top round in the mag.

Mech

imported post

Agreed. And the fact his ammo "splattered" on the floor made it sound like either 1) the magazine simply split open, 2) the mag lips busted open and all the ammo spilled out, or 3) the mag floor plate gave away and the mag spring shot out along with the ammo. Actually, now I think about it, 3 seems to be most likely, since it can happen without the magazine being physically removed from the gun?

U8Dust

Banned
imported post

Mech wrote:
What the hell? Was he OC'ing? What kind of holster/gun was it? That's bizarre, at least to me!
he was "openly concealing" if that makes any sense. he wasn't exactly OCing, but the lower half of his holster was showing below his shirt. also, i am pretty sure it was a spare mag that he was storing in his pocket. i didnt stand there and stare, but it looked like his pistol was still in tact and holstered. i didnt look long or hard enough to see what kind of pistol it was.

Mech

imported post

OOh gotcha. Sorry I must have misread your original post and thought his magazine fell OUT of his gun o_O

That's more understandable then, if it was his spare magazine that fell out. Still odd that it spilt ammo though...

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

I partner has an extended mag. release on her Glock 26. I have to replace it because the mag. release is so far out that the mag. is release periodically.

Machoduck

imported post

Sylvia, thanks for the field report on extended mag releases. The folks selling or making them seldom give you that kind of feedback. They do give you their guesses, though.

Poosharker, maybe it was an anti-gun goof, out to prove something or other without comprehending the need to learn anything first. :celebrate

MD

FMCDH

imported post

Yea, that had to have been a extra mag that maybe fell out of a open top mag holster. I think the base-plate popping off or breaking is the most likely scenario for the spillage.

I have seen it happen a time or two at the range with empty mags ejected on the floor, but never a full one.

O well, not much of a chance of anything happening. Its just a good reminder to all of us to do checks of our equipment before we leave the house, and perhaps discreet checks throughout the day while we carry.

Trigger Dr

imported post

That is one of the main reasons I bought the S&W99. The mag release is on the trigger guard, the same as the Walther and H&K.

Mech

imported post

While we're on the subject of open-top mag pouch, does anyone out there make covered mag pouches in black, with a button-release?

FMCDH

imported post

Mech wrote:
While we're on the subject of open-top mag pouch, does anyone out there make covered mag pouches in black, with a button-release?
Nylon or leather?

Trigger Dr

imported post

Mech wrote:
I think Squeek makes one with a magnetic closure

1245A Defender

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
Off topic a tad, but a guy dropped his spare magazine in Keybank, and all his ammo went all over the floor over like a 6 foot radius. Must have been CCing because I didn't see his firearm. Must have been embarrassing.
OC in BECU Tukwilla confrontation

i knew i had heard that story before!!!
remember U8DUST was a troll that gave up his efforts back in sept.

he just read about an OCers bank story, and put it out here as his own!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:
Off topic a tad, but a guy dropped his spare magazine in Keybank, and all his ammo went all over the floor over like a 6 foot radius. Must have been CCing because I didn't see his firearm. Must have been embarrassing.

Same here I remember! And if you look up U8DUST posts....all troll posts!!!!!!!!!!!!

TROLL!

Aaron1124

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
1245A Defender wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:

Same here I remember! And if you look up U8DUST posts....all troll posts!!!!!!!!!!!!

TROLL!
Well to his credit, he DID say Bank of America, and the radius was 8', right? :)