Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: was the restaurant carry bill signed by the gov ??

Post imported post

I know the restaurant carry bill passed, but since I'm not a Virginia resident I really haven't been paying attention to what happened after that .

has it been signed ??

if so when will it go into effect ??

Post imported post

He has until April 21st to sign it and it will go into effect July 1st.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Curtis wrote:
    He has until April 21st to sign it and it would go into effect July 1st.
    It goes into effect on July 1st even if he does not sign it.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

Changed the "would" to "will" in my post. Thanks for the clarification Ed.

Post imported post

I wonder why he has not signed it.

State Researcher

Post imported post

He's promised to sign it and has 2 1/2 more weeks to do so. While it's obviously a very important bill to us, let's also remember that it is among 871 bills that passed, only 191 of which have been signed so far.
    James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Admitted to practice in West Virginia and Florida.

Founder, Past President, Treasurer, and General Counsel, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
    Life Member, NRA

Post imported post

he just said he would sign it when he was on WTOP's Ask the Gov.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

Philip talked about it last week and I think they are keeping a close eye on it. One thing VCDL has done is ask to be notified if there will be a formal signing so they can be there.

I don't think there's much chance of McDonnell not signing this and if he doesn't, it still becomes law.

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    Philip talked about it last week and I think they are keeping a close eye on it. One thing VCDL has done is ask to be notified if there will be a formal signing so they can be there.

I don't think there's much chance of McDonnell not signing this and if he doesn't, it still becomes law.
    What you mean is that he's not going to veto it, I assume.

Post imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
    peter nap wrote:

What you mean is that he's not going to veto it, I assume.
    Actually Nep, that's what I was trying NOT to say. It's a little like whistling through the graveyard.

Post imported post

Fetus wrote:
    I know the restaurant carry bill passed, but since I'm not a Virginia resident I really haven't been paying attention to what happened after that .

has it been signed ??

if so when will it go into effect ??
    He's gonna do it. But even after he does it won't be until July when it goes into effect. VCDL will be holding lunches all over the State at that point.

Dave Vann

Post imported post

Vanns40 wrote:
    VCDL will be holding lunches all over the State at that point.

Dave Vann

How would anyone even know if everyone conceals?
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

The best part for me will be that I won't have to take my coat off before I go inside.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    The best part for me will be that I won't have to take my coat off before I go inside.

Yata hey
    You plan on wearing a coat in July? :shock:

Unless you talking about one of them fancy sport coat blazer deals.

Post imported post

I tend to be "forget" if the place I am at serves alcohol or not. Once I open the menu and see that they do, I comply and open carry as I enjoy my meal. It stays open until I leave unless I just decide to open carry for the rest of the night out. Or, I just go to IHOP. They have never had a problem with me spending my money there. I open carry pretty often, on the bike people tend to give you a little more wiggle room. I just would hate to go into a place with my wife and toddler and then get kicked out and put a damper on an otherwise well deserved night out for dinner.

Post imported post

jermflux wrote:
    I just would hate to go into a place with my wife and toddler and then get kicked out
    I have been OCing in Northern Virginia for years and that has not ever happened to me (yet?).
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

Curtis wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
    You plan on wearing a coat in July? :shock:

Unless you talking about one of them fancy sport coat blazer deals.
    I OC year round whenever and wherever I can - unlike some of our warm weather friends. The fact I will be "allowed" to CC doesn't mean I will.

Its fun to disrobe in front of an audience anyhow - they notice more that way.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    jermflux wrote:
    I just would hate to go into a place with my wife and toddler and then get kicked out
    I have been OCing in Northern Virginia for years and that has not ever happened to me (yet?).
    Me neither, my daughter is three, and if it were to happen I just do not want the experience to send the wrong message to her. Buffets are harder to deal with. I does not help that I don't look very "normal"either.

Post imported post

I just recently got home from an unexpected trip to see my Mom in the hospital in Indiana.

While I was there I just carried concealed because it was cold, and I had on a light jacket all the time. It was also easier than worrying about being questioned, or asked to leave the ICU.

But the bottom line is it was so nice to walk into a restaurant and not worry about if they served alcohol, or having to take off the jacket and tuck the shirt.

I open carry more than I conceal carry anymore, but if I am concealed carrying I don't want to have to change my carry mode.
    If Obama is the answer; how stupid was the question?

Post imported post

In Massachusetts I am able to go into any restaurant I want with my concealed weapon and they have many much tougher restrictions on firearms than Virginia does.

Post imported post

I am now convinced that Bob McD will NOT sign the restaurant bill, but let it become law by default. He thereby furthers our cause and leaves himself open to the suggestion that he was not supporting gun rights, but allowing the obvious will of the GA to prevail.

At best that is very disappointing and surely is playing politics. What other avoidance of issues will be ducked or sidestepped? A strong leader leads from the front, not from the sidelines.

As Bob McD's star flickers, Ken C's brightens and shimmers.

Yata hey

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    I am now convinced that Bob McD will NOT sign the restaurant bill, but let it become law by default. He thereby furthers our cause and leaves himself open to the suggestion that he was not supporting gun rights, but allowing the obvious will of the GA to prevail.

At best that is very disappointing and surely is playing politics. What other avoidance of issues will be ducked or sidestepped? A strong leader leads from the front, not from the sidelines.

Yata hey
    Starting to seem like that. :?

State Researcher

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
    Upon what factual basis do you say that? He said he would sign the bill. As of this weekend, he's only signed 318 of the 871 bills that passed(36.5%). restaurant CC remains somewhere in the stack of 553 bills awaiting action.
    James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Admitted to practice in West Virginia and Florida.

Founder, Past President, Treasurer, and General Counsel, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
    Life Member, NRA

Post imported post

WVCDL wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
    Upon what factual basis do you say that? He said he would sign the bill. As of this weekend, he's only signed 318 of the 871 bills that passed (36.5%). restaurant CC remains somewhere in the stack of 553 bills awaiting action.
    Obviously, no quote or statement supporting this. Just a worrisome gut reaction. Frankly, hope that I am wrong.

There are things that Bob McD could have straighten out regarding our RKBA where he has chosen to be noticeably silent, even after making campaign promises to address the issues.

Yata hey

Yata hey

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    WVCDL wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
    Upon what factual basis do you say that? He said he would sign the bill. As of this weekend, he's only signed 318 of the 871 bills that passed (36.5%). restaurant CC remains somewhere in the stack of 553 bills awaiting action.
    Obviously, no quote or statement supporting this. Just a worrisome gut reaction. Frankly, hope that I am wrong.

There are things that Bob McD could have straighten out regarding our RKBA where he has chosen to be noticeably silent, even after making campaign promises to address the issues.

Yata hey

Yata hey
    I'm with Grapeshot. I have a bad feeling with little facts.
    No one wants to talk to me which isn't necessarily odd, lots of people don't want to talk to me and I have insulted him a couple of times now over the VDOF.

He hasn't interceded in VDOF yet.

He has a spotty 2end Amendment record.

Now I'll get insulting again.
    He's shown that he's spineless and bends with a little pressure from loud people.

When Old Va endorsed Cuccinelli, I wrote that I wouldn't endorse McDonnell because he was just the better of the bad.

He backstabbed Cuccinelli over his letter about Gays.

He Crawfished twice on Confederate History month.

He bent a campaign vow on restoration of rights and I'll bet he'll back paddle on that too.

He may well sign it....but I wouldn't be making any plans with the bets you put on it.

He does have a good looking daughter though!:shock:

I'll add a little more kindling on my suspicions.
    One has to wonder why Bill Bolling didn't jerk a knot on Marsh and Saslaw's head????

We are coming up on Republican roundup planning time. Any word on the NEW location?

Why did so many Republican Senators breathe a sigh of relief when Marsh created the Death Committee?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast