• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

was the restaurant carry bill signed by the gov ??

Fetus

imported post

I know the restaurant carry bill passed, but since I'm not a Virginia resident I really haven't been paying attention to what happened after that .

has it been signed ??

if so when will it go into effect ??

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Philip talked about it last week and I think they are keeping a close eye on it. One thing VCDL has done is ask to be notified if there will be a formal signing so they can be there.

I don't think there's much chance of McDonnell not signing this and if he doesn't, it still becomes law.

Neplusultra

imported post

peter nap wrote:
Philip talked about it last week and I think they are keeping a close eye on it. One thing VCDL has done is ask to be notified if there will be a formal signing so they can be there.

I don't think there's much chance of McDonnell not signing this and if he doesn't, it still becomes law.
What you mean is that he's not going to veto it, I assume.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
peter nap wrote:

What you mean is that he's not going to veto it, I assume.
Actually Nep, that's what I was trying NOT to say. It's a little like whistling through the graveyard.:lol:

Vanns40

imported post

Fetus wrote:
I know the restaurant carry bill passed, but since I'm not a Virginia resident I really haven't been paying attention to what happened after that .

has it been signed ??

if so when will it go into effect ??

He's gonna do it. But even after he does it won't be until July when it goes into effect. VCDL will be holding lunches all over the State at that point.

Dave Vann

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

The best part for me will be that I won't have to take my coat off before I go inside.

Yata hey

curtiswr

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
The best part for me will be that I won't have to take my coat off before I go inside.

Yata hey
You plan on wearing a coat in July? :shock:

Unless you talking about one of them fancy sport coat blazer deals.

jermflux

imported post

I tend to be "forget" if the place I am at serves alcohol or not. Once I open the menu and see that they do, I comply and open carry as I enjoy my meal. It stays open until I leave unless I just decide to open carry for the rest of the night out. Or, I just go to IHOP. They have never had a problem with me spending my money there. I open carry pretty often, on the bike people tend to give you a little more wiggle room. I just would hate to go into a place with my wife and toddler and then get kicked out and put a damper on an otherwise well deserved night out for dinner.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Curtis wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
You plan on wearing a coat in July? :shock:

Unless you talking about one of them fancy sport coat blazer deals.
I OC year round whenever and wherever I can - unlike some of our warm weather friends. The fact I will be "allowed" to CC doesn't mean I will.

Its fun to disrobe in front of an audience anyhow - they notice more that way. :lol:

Yata hey

jermflux

imported post

ed wrote:
jermflux wrote:
I just would hate to go into a place with my wife and toddler and then get kicked out
I have been OCing in Northern Virginia for years and that has not ever happened to me (yet?).
Me neither, my daughter is three, and if it were to happen I just do not want the experience to send the wrong message to her. Buffets are harder to deal with. I does not help that I don't look very "normal"either. :lol:

tcmech

imported post

I just recently got home from an unexpected trip to see my Mom in the hospital in Indiana.

While I was there I just carried concealed because it was cold, and I had on a light jacket all the time. It was also easier than worrying about being questioned, or asked to leave the ICU.

But the bottom line is it was so nice to walk into a restaurant and not worry about if they served alcohol, or having to take off the jacket and tuck the shirt.

I open carry more than I conceal carry anymore, but if I am concealed carrying I don't want to have to change my carry mode.

jermflux

imported post

In Massachusetts I am able to go into any restaurant I want with my concealed weapon and they have many much tougher restrictions on firearms than Virginia does.