• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GVRD official should resign for 'open carry' park event

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

http://www.timesheraldonline.com/ci_14813923

GVRD official should resign for 'open carry'
Published By Times Herald
Posted:04/03/2010 01:01:28 AM PDT

I would like to call for the resignation of the Executive Director of the Greater Vallejo Recreation District, who issued a permit for an "open-carry" gun event at Vallejo's Independence Park.

I feel this action is irresponsible and in direct violation of GVRD's nonprofit mission: "Building community and enhancing quality of life through people, parks and programs." This event is divisive in the community rather than building community and has a negative impact on our youth and families who are already suffering from an excess of gun violence. I fail to see how essentially opening the doors to more than 100 people from out of town all expected to be carrying firearms does anything but work against your mission and the good of the city.

In fact, you are taking away the use of the park from numerous citizens on a holiday weekend. I am guessing that most families will not bring their children anywhere near what is our premier public waterfront space on Saturday because -- whether gun enthusiasts like it or not -- a large armed group is not a comfortable setting for most families.

Recent postings on gun enthusiast Web sites like calguns.net urge participants, "Just remember this is Vallejo. Bring extra Mags." What is GVRD thinking as it opens our park to this event?

You have effectively detracted from our quality of life. Therefore, I respectfully request that responsible individuals resign.

Lorene Allio
Vallejo

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Translated through the bigoted lens of those opposing civil rights;

Parksofficial should resign for inviting Negroes

I would like to call for the resignation of the Executive Director of theParks District, who issued a permit for an'african american' event at Vallejo's Independence Park.

I feel this action is irresponsible and in direct violation of GVRD's nonprofit mission: "Building community and enhancing quality of life through people, parks and programs." This event is divisive in the community rather than building community and has a negative impact on our youth and families who are already suffering from the influence of Negroes. I fail to see how essentially opening the doors to more than 100'coloreds' from out of town all expected to be carryingon with their chants of 'weshall overcome'does anything but work against your mission and the good of the city.

In fact, you are taking away the use of the park from numerous good white citizens on a holiday weekend. I am guessing that most whitefamilies will not bring their children anywhere near what is our premier public waterfront space on Saturday because -- whethertheNegroeslike it or not -- a large group of coloredsis not a comfortable setting for most white families.

Recent postings onAfricanAmericanWeb sites likeNAACP.INFO urge participants, "Just remember this is Vallejo. Bring more of your friends." What is GVRD thinking as it opens our park to this event?

You have effectively detracted from our quality of life. Therefore, I respectfully request that responsible individuals resign.

BigotedCitizen
Vallejo

Iopencarry

imported post

per Brad,

A GREAT event today! Thanks for everyones hard work! We raised over 400.00 dollars at the event plus more to come this week. We should be presenting the Greater Vallejo Recreational District Youth Scholarship Fund with over $500.00! A great thanks to all the donors and everyone that made today possible.

A new Vallejo group will be starting soon! 30+ Vallejo'ns are very excited to be starting it! Best of luck to all of you guys and we will be there in any way we can to help it start up!

loook for 707open carry on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=157099&id=370861594139&ref=mf

me;

We had approx 150-175 people there thru out the day. No problems what so ever, and only 3 anti's.

T.V. and paper media were there. good fun and great info learned and shared from everyone.

Everyone did a great job, and I would like to thank Brad for all his hard work and time to make this such a huge succuss. While we all helpped, without you, this event would not have came about.

Thank You.

D- Iopencarry

yellowneck86

imported post

Dear Vallejo times herald;
It would be very nice for you to remove Lorene Allio's editorials and comments. I believe Allio is a very confused individual who needs to be placed on a 72 hour hold while monitored by a phycologist.

Allio's comments would cause further damage to the Vallejo community by creating fear, uncertainty and doubt about an American citzens' right to self defense.

-law abiding citizen.:celebrate

resonance

imported post

God deliver me from religious fanatics...and anyone with a sign...

Did she have a permit to carry that sign?...hummmm

I have been carrying a weapon for over 40 years, so far, it has not shot me...

Come to think of it...it has not shot anyone else either...

Must be broke...

Mike

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Gundude wrote:
I saw one sign there, "Jesus didn't need a gun". Look what happened to him.
Actually Luke 22recordsthe apostles of Jesus came armed (with Jesus' permission) to the location that Jesus surrendered himself. There was some blood shed by an over zealous apostle.

Luke 22:35-38

And He said to them, “When I sent you without money bag, knapsack, and sandals, did you lack anything?” So they said, “Nothing.” Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one. For I say to you that this which is written must still be accomplished in Me: ‘And He was numbered with the transgressors.’ For the things concerning Me have an end.” So they said, “Lord, look, here are two swords.” And He said to them, “It is enough.”

Luke 22:49-50

When those around Him saw what was going to happen, they said to Him, “Lord, shall we strike with the sword?” And one of them struck the servant of the high priest and cut off his right ear.
[/suP][/suP]
[/suP]Happy Easter!

Livermoron

imported post

Hi All

so glad to hear about the great turn out! Sorry my family and I could not make it. Our little one's 1st Birthday was priority. All the best and see you next time.

Carry On,

Livermoron