• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oregon Sheriff/Permit at WA Show - Heads Up for Next Time?

alienbogey

imported post

I surfed back a few days worth of threads and saw to my chagrin that I missed the Oregon sheriff accepting applications for Oregon permits at the latest Puyallup WAC show. :banghead:

Now, a heads up may well have been posted for that and I missed it ( :X ), but could whomever might coordinate what will hopefully be the next one perhaps give a heads up, or even better, offer a sign-up-to-receive-notification list?

:D

Tomas

imported post

As a n00b here, by the time I caught wind of the Sheriff being in town, I already had plans made that I couldn't escape from.

Hopefully someone WILL allow maybe a sign-up list for notifications for the next time he's in Western Washington.

I have all my required paperwork clipped together right here <makes gesture>...

I'll start the list...

01. alienbogey
02. Tomas

Anyone else? ;)

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Gray Peterson worked with Sheriff Palmer the last trip. With Gray's help, M1gunr and myself will try and post a good thread along with what you need ahead of time.

Stretch

imported post

Myself and some friends are going to make a day trip to Grant County and do our best to help boost their local economy at the same time. I figure it's the least we can do to support the sheriff and his decision.

Lammo

imported post

Tomas wrote:
As a n00b here, by the time I caught wind of the Sheriff being in town, I already had plans made that I couldn't escape from.

Hopefully someone WILL allow maybe a sign-up list for notifications for the next time he's in Western Washington.

I have all my required paperwork clipped together right here <makes gesture>...

I'll start the list...

01. alienbogey
02. Tomas

Anyone else? ;)
Add me on please, especially if he's going to visit the dry side.

alienbogey

imported post

If you drive to Grant County - and I assume Canyon County, the county seat - can you do all the permit application stuff in one day? If so, I assume they'll mail it to you - no need to pick up in person?

Stretch

imported post

alienbogey wrote:
If you drive to Grant County - and I assume Canyon County, the county seat - can you do all the permit application stuff in one day? If so, I assume they'll mail it to you - no need to pick up in person?
Yes, everything can be done in one day, from the prints to the photos.

Per an office employee, earlier in the day is better for applying for the permit (staffing/support). Also, you can have everything printed and prepared beforehand. Although I didn't ask specifically, it sounded as though the permit would be mailed.

knight_308

imported post

Doesn't OR have some kind of training requirement? How do you take care of that from up here?

44Brent

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
The info you posted is going to be used by Ginny Burdick to promote more restrictions in Oregon. This is the type of thing you might want to send by PM.

Stretch

imported post

44Brent wrote:
The info you posted is going to be used by Ginny Burdick to promote more restrictions in Oregon. This is the type of thing you might want to send by PM.
That info has been posted in another thread on here already.

slugsgomoo

imported post

I emailed the sheriff and he replied and said that if you have the training cert & application all filled out and ready, you'd just need to have two separate checks made out, $15 to OSP and $50 to Grant county Sheriff, as well as a self addressed stamped envelope to return your permit with.

I've got my stuff all ready I just need to know when they'll be up here, my understanding is they take a picture as well as do printing?

midiwall

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
knight_308 wrote:
Doesn't OR have some kind of training requirement? How do you take care of that from up here?
They do you must take a class with 'handgun safety' in the title or something like that.

However, http://www.mdgunsafety.com/a FREE online class qualifies. It takes about 30 minutes to complete and then print off the certificate.
I figured I'd post the link to the application in this thread as well:

http://www.oregonfirearms.org/pdfs/grantcochlapp.pdf

And, the old thread for reference:
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=41179

midiwall

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
knight_308 wrote:
They do you must take a class with 'handgun safety' in the title or something like that.
I just remembered... My other half and I took the NRA Basic Pistol course, better yet, I just found the certs! :)

WooHoo! I don't have to click "next" for half an hour! ;)