• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What Happened to America?

smttysmth02gt

imported post

Hollowpoint38 wrote:
smttysmth02gt wrote:
Hollowpoint38 wrote:
I was reading a post in another state when I found a great idea. It was a no Open Carry state and they jokingly said to wear a holster with a water bottle.

It got me to thinking... The public demonstration laws at stupid and wrong. What if we have a public demonstration and instead on guns, we had our holsters out and a drawing on a pistol in it?

What do you think? A way to protest.... Holster in the open but a water bottle, paper gun, etc in the holster. What a statement!
Sounds "wussified" to me. No offense, but the thought of cowering and not being armed at any event like that simply because "they say so" isn't very appealing to me. Hell, I don't even OC and that sounds so demeaning to have to wear an empty holster.

*no offense intended*

Ok then. Don't leave the weapon at home. Get 1,000 or so of us together and protest. What are they going to do... arrest us all? How does the oath go?....

"if it is an illegal law/order under the U.S. constitution, we are not required to follow it..."

The public demonstration "law" is a violation of our 2ND Amendment rights and by law, we are not obligated to follow it. If that's not a road you want to go down, someone else needs to come up with a better idea.
Well I'm way down south anyway, and I don't even OC in public. I'd gladly call the state legislature and/or law enforcement on behalf of anyone who gets hassled from them though.

Hollowpoint38

A sandwich made of knuckles, Hoover, Alabama
imported post

smttysmth02gt wrote:
mcdonalk wrote:
You can support the troops without supporting the war. That's all I'm going to say about it since this is obviously a sore (and off-topic) subject.

I, for one, am glad that I was lucky enough to be born in America. I think that America is the best place to live in the entire world. If I ever change my mind, I am free to leave. That's part of why I like it.:)
Why the hell would you want to support people who are killing innocent people? Not to keep the off topic rant going, but comments like this really bother me. This false sense of patriotism has been perverted from it's origins. Do you realize you're talking about supporting murderers? People who are slaughtering other people, for no reason. And you want to support them? Sorry I can't do that. Those people doing this are criminals. The only ones I will support are those with the balls enough to say NO to the machine and risk imprisonment, or worse.

You need to remember that we are not fighting another army. Have you ever seen a military uniform over there? I'll answer that for you. NO! You've seen police, but no military. "why not" you ask? because we invaded these people and are killed them. We are killing the people! If a country invaded the U.S. and was marching the streets taking control, don't you think every person in America would be outside shooting back? Yeswe would! That is what is going on over there! We need to pull out and leave them alone.

I just thought I'd put my .2 cents in.

cscitney87

imported post

I think the whole point is.. we comply. No matter what we all comply.

There are criminals, it's true; they aren't complying- they do nothing honorable.

There's no "It's the right thing to do." anymore as far as the average citizen is concerned. Common sense examples are all around us.

So the laws are bad; that's legislature. The law enforcement is bad; that's the executive. The judge isn't helping either; that's the judiciary. The 3 branches of American government... of which JUST IN CASE (something like this happens) there is a "checks and balances" system of which One (1) branch can stall the efforts of the other Two (2) in extreme cases.

Simply; it's gone to Hell. The Legislative is barely hanging on. The Executive seems fit for a King. The Judiciary; well there are some shining examples- and there are some terrible failures.

What happened is everybody started to believe "Maybe I'm the only one that feels this way..."

By the time somebody realizes they are Not alone and organize.. Apathy has set in. The event has passed from the news. Nobody at the bank is chatting about it. The newspapers stop reporting on it.

The cycle is self perpetuating. Just like the "war on terror" which is obviously a war on a Verb- which we know Verbs are actions and cannot surrender. Only Nouns can surrender.

No joke... the elephant in the room is that "rallies" and "protests" aren't helping us.
The other elephant in the room.. It's not illegal to vote in this country. It's not.

So FEW people end up voting and what's really sick is how VERY FEW people vote in the Primary.

What's even sicker is this whole "Republicans" and "Democrats" LIKE THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS or Exists in Washington..

I'm not a conspiracy theorist or "nut" or anything but it's obvious that the whole "Red" (republican) and "Blue" (democrat) is an illusion of choice.

smttysmth02gt

imported post

Hollowpoint38 wrote:
smttysmth02gt wrote:
mcdonalk wrote:
You can support the troops without supporting the war. That's all I'm going to say about it since this is obviously a sore (and off-topic) subject.

I, for one, am glad that I was lucky enough to be born in America. I think that America is the best place to live in the entire world. If I ever change my mind, I am free to leave. That's part of why I like it.:)
Why the hell would you want to support people who are killing innocent people? Not to keep the off topic rant going, but comments like this really bother me. This false sense of patriotism has been perverted from it's origins. Do you realize you're talking about supporting murderers? People who are slaughtering other people, for no reason. And you want to support them? Sorry I can't do that. Those people doing this are criminals. The only ones I will support are those with the balls enough to say NO to the machine and risk imprisonment, or worse.

You need to remember that we are not fighting another army. Have you ever seen a military uniform over there? I'll answer that for you. NO! You've seen police, but no military. "why not" you ask? because we invaded these people and are killed them. We are killing the people! If a country invaded the U.S. and was marching the streets taking control, don't you think every person in America would be outside shooting back? Yeswe would! That is what is going on over there! We need to pull out and leave them alone.

While I agree with you, even if they were advanced enough to have an army, I still would not agree with it. It is sickening to me to fathom something like that happening here. Guess what...this is an OC site. One of the recently aired footages of a chopper taking out some people showcased our troops justification for doing so. Someone was OC'ing. So they lit them up and killed them all.

Hollowpoint38

imported post

smttysmth02gt wrote:
Hollowpoint38 wrote:
smttysmth02gt wrote:
mcdonalk wrote:

While I agree with you, even if they were advanced enough to have an army, I still would not agree with it. It is sickening to me to fathom something like that happening here. Guess what...this is an OC site. One of the recently aired footages of a chopper taking out some people showcased our troops justification for doing so. Someone was OC'ing. So they lit them up and killed them all.
There is the problem. A weapon is used for protection and many see it as a sign of violence. I'm a calm, non-violent person... but I OC a pistol. I guess I need to be shot as well. (sarcasm)

cscitney87

imported post

You can sum up the "army" in Iraq and Afg. If you shoot at NATO/USA you will be shot back. If you do not shoot at NATO/USA then you will not be shot at.

The opposition army is Literally "Anyone that shoots at us." That's why there is no uniform.

smttysmth02gt

imported post

Hollowpoint38 wrote:
smttysmth02gt wrote:
Hollowpoint38 wrote:
smttysmth02gt wrote:
mcdonalk wrote:

There is the problem. A weapon is used for protection and many see it as a sign of violence. I'm a calm, non-violent person... but I OC a pistol. I guess I need to be shot as well. (sarcasm)
That is what I am saying. What happens if these same troops come home and are called to duty HERE because of some kind of disaster or something. People say "it won't happen here" and what not, but I honestly thing they are desensitized and see no difference in people, or any value in human life. Not saying this about ALL troops, just the ones killing people for invalid and sometimes NO reason.

Hollowpoint38

imported post

smttysmth02gt wrote:
Hollowpoint38 wrote:
smttysmth02gt wrote:
Hollowpoint38 wrote:
smttysmth02gt wrote:
mcdonalk wrote:

That is what I am saying. What happens if these same troops come home and are called to duty HERE because of some kind of disaster or something. People say "it won't happen here" and what not, but I honestly thing they are desensitized and see no difference in people, or any value in human life. Not saying this about ALL troops, just the ones killing people for invalid and sometimes NO reason.
That's what they call "marshal law". During hurricane Katrina, they took away peoples weapons. WHY? So the looters, robbers, rapists, etc. have easier targets? So sad...

Hollowpoint38

imported post

I tried to get my grandfather to OC but quickly realized it was a bad idea. I think he should sell his guns with his memory problem... let me explain:

I said, "why don't you OC your gun with me while we go shopping?"

He said, "let me tell you about guns. Guns are dangerous. I was in WWII and I've seen enough guns to last a life time. There we were... the 8 of us pinned down in a trench. We were running low on ammo and the enemy was coming down hard. We fired our last shots and the enemy swarmed the trench at had us a gun point. They stood there a minute. After waiting what seemed like hours, they opened fire.............. I died. Now do you understand, sunny? I can't do what you ask."

Is that not insane? I just shook my head and went to the store. He's lost it, man.

Brimstone Baritone

imported post

smttysmth02gt wrote:
mcdonalk wrote:

Because they volunteered to protect our country. Sadly, once they are in the military they are expected to follow orders. Those orders come down from the politicians that "We the People" elected. I will not condemn a soldier for what "We the People" have allowed to happen. [ETA: And I will not condemn them for not wanting to risk their lives for refusing to follow orders.]

If you want to treat soldiers like common criminals, then that is your choice. That is a choice that you can make, guaranteed under the first amendment. That guarantee was paid for by the blood of American soldiers, and no matter what you feel about the current war, it doesn't change the fact that men did die so you could feel safe in that right.

We both have a right to our opinions, even if they are wrong. :celebrate