• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tased a man today

J1Nitro

imported post

I have been browsing this forum for quite a while, and I just decided to make an account on here to share my story today.

I had just left the T Mobile store down at the Kent Station earlier this afternoon. I walked over to the transit center station to meet a friend who I was suppose to pick up. While waiting, I couldn't help to notice a young man, probably in his early to mid 20's, yelling with a girl around the same age. They were both arguing with each other, and I never caught what originally started it. It was fairly busy there, probably about 15 or so other people, and everyone was sort of minding their own business.

I was sure to keep an eye on things in case they escalated further. I didn't see any security anywhere in sight. About a minute passes by, and I see the man start putting his hands on the girl. He was grabbing her shirt, and pushing her back. She started yelling at him to let her go, but he started yelling even louder. I figured security would be there soon, seeing how they're normally around, but nothing at all.

I then walked over to them and asked if there was a problem. The guy immediately turned around and yelled some obscenities at me, telling me to mind my own (explicit) business while still yanking around the girl. I told him that he should let her go, then suddenly, he spits at me, and starts walking over to me in a not so friendly manner. Note I was about 12 or so feet away from him originally. I quickly told him to stop where he's at or I'll taze him. (I was carrying both my Taser M26C and my Beretta 92, both which were concealed)

He didn't really acknowledge anything I said, and I, not knowing what this guy was going to do, pulled out my taser and quickly fired it at him. Both prongs hit him dead center mass, and he immediately dropped to the ground. The taser normally gives a 30 second charge, but I stopped it after about 4 seconds, assuming he was going to start complying. I told him to stay where he was at, and I called the police. Fortunately, it only took the police a matter of seconds to arrive, as one must have already been in the area.

The officer showed up, and I gave a report of what happened. Surprisingly the girl in the story gave her story too, and thankfully she did say that the man put his hands on her and started pushing her around. The officer also got several reports from other people whom were present, and everyone's story added up. One citizen did mention that he heard me say that I will tase him if he doesn't stop.

After all the dust was settled, the man was arrested on assault in the 4th degree, and took down my information. He said that I may be summoned to court by the prosecutor as a witness, if the man decides to plead not guilty and take it to trial. Chances are slim that he will, considering the evidence that's stacked against him, but just in case..

Glad I had my taser on me. I feel that was a situation that called for it.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

What did that cost you, a $40 shot? Or can you still use the rest of it? Or heck, I don't even know the technical stuff about tasers sooooo yeaaaa....

Good thing though, that the female let the officers know wassup and didn't protect him, otherwise she might get stuck in the same place and get hurt again and again without anybody knowing.

But then again they might not have been involved directly with each other.... all speculation...

Aaron1124

imported post

I have a Taser C2, and Taser will replace your cartridge for free if you send them a copy of the police report stating you used the taser. They're $50.00 for two cartridges.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Wow that looks like one large taser? Where do you carry these concealed self defense weapons and how do you cover them up?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
What city was this in? Date and Time?

Trigger,

From what I can gather from the 'story'...

it was in Kent (at Kent Station)

it was on April 3rd (earlier today)

it was between noon and 7:30pm (earlier this afternoon/posted at 7:35pm)

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:

Trigger,

Only one person booked at the Kent jail on Assualt 4, a female...

http://www.ci.kent.wa.us/corrections/jils/JailRegister.asp?s_Booking_Name=&s_Booking_No=&s_Date_of_Birth=&s_Race=&s_Sex=&FormGrid_Sorting=3&FormGrid_Sorted=3&FormGrid_Page=1#Grid

Aaron1124

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:

Trigger,

Only one person booked at the Kent jail on Assualt 4, a female...

http://www.ci.kent.wa.us/corrections/jils/JailRegister.asp?s_Booking_Name=&s_Booking_No=&s_Date_of_Birth=&s_Race=&s_Sex=&FormGrid_Sorting=3&FormGrid_Sorted=3&FormGrid_Page=1#Grid
Maybe he was taken to RJC or Seattle. Very possible if it was KCSO or KCMP

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
If so, what's up with all of the stories lately? That looks like it took some time to come up with.

The left, Brady's, Democrats, agent provocateur's trying to get the OC crowd to say something bad....

or just LE wannabe's (boo boo) with nothing better to do...

FMCDH

imported post

BigDave wrote:
Wow that looks like one large taser? Where do you carry these concealed self defense weapons and how do you cover them up?
That is indeed, one huge Taser. :?

Case number for the incident? :uhoh:

And yes, you would have gotten one.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:
I had checked those sites also with the same results... I'm thinking BS
thinking the same.....
Of the rare times I actually comment on a story like this, giving it the benefit of the doubt ( I did have some) everyone has gets to call it BS. :?

Oh well.

FMCDH

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:
thinking the same.....
Of the rare times I actually comment on a story like this, giving it the benefit of the doubt ( I did have some) everyone has gets to call it BS. :?

Oh well.
There is just too much with the story that is off.

Too much detail where there shouldn't be, and not enough detail where there should be if one were looking to have their story taken seriously.

Also, the OP is a new poster that posted the story in two places at once, and hasn't follow up.

(shrug) O well, keeps us sharp, and a bit of skepticism is healthy.

Batousaii

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:
thinking the same.....

Oh well.
lol - yea ditto. I figured just be polite for a welcome. One never knows till it sorts out for a few days.