• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tased a man today

Son_of_Perdition

imported post

Batousaii wrote:
Poosharker wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:
I had checked those sites also with the same results... I'm thinking BS
thinking the same.....
Of the rare times I actually comment on a story like this, giving it the benefit of the doubt ( I did have some) everyone has gets to call it BS. :?

Oh well.
lol - yea ditto. I figured just be polite for a welcome. One never knows till it sorts out for a few days.

"Surprisingly the girl in the story gave her story too, and thankfully she did say that the man put his hands on her and started pushing her around."

You know it is BS when you read that.:? The "girl" always stands up for the loser.:banghead:

oldkim

imported post

Agreed.

That is why domestic violence calls are so dangerous. You get the attacker off the victim and then the victim starts beating at you too - now you have two attackers.

The story sounds like it's unfounded and BS. Too bad but it does bring up using a taser or some less than lethal force for thosesituation that lethal force is really in the grey area.

Taser or peper spray. Those cartridges can be a bit spendy but if you can get replacements (for free)that would be great.

http://www.resistattack.com/Articles/Free-Lifetime-Replacement-Of-TASER-Devices
FREE Lifetime Replacement of TASER® devices

When a TASER® C2 personalsafety device is used in self-defense, it can be deployed and left behind providing the user an automatic window of opportunity to get to safety and call law enforcement. Send us a copy of the police report documenting the incident and TASER International will replace your TASER device free of charge.

[align=center]
[/align]

joeroket

imported post

oldkim wrote:
Agreed.

That is why domestic violence calls are so dangerous. You get the attacker off the victim and then the victim starts beating at you too - now you have two attackers.

The story sounds like it's unfounded and BS. Too bad but it does bring up using a taser or some less than lethal force for thosesituation that lethal force is really in the grey area.

Taser or peper spray. Those cartridges can be a bit spendy but if you can get replacements (for free)that would be great.

When a TASER® C2 personalsafety device is used in self-defense, it can be deployed and left behind providing the user an automatic window of opportunity to get to safety and call law enforcement. Send us a copy of the police report documenting the incident and TASER International will replace your TASER device free of charge.

[align=center]
[/align]
It is not just the cartridge they replace but the whole unit if you have to leave that behind after using it for self defense.

Aaron1124

imported post

joeroket wrote:
oldkim wrote:
Agreed.

[align=center]
[/align]
It is not just the cartridge they replace but the whole unit if you have to leave that behind after using it for self defense.
Right. They will replace whatever you have to leave behind, as long as it mentions it in the police report.

amzbrady

imported post

OT - Need a little help here. Cant find the thread were everyone was introducing theirselfs with pictures. Forgot to save it as watched topic. Was showing the site to a friend.

Trigger Dr

imported post

G22Paddy wrote:
I'm gonna wait for more info on this before calling BS or commenting otherwise on the OP.
No newspaper, radio or TV report, No police case number given, No booking information re that incident, none of the officers on duty at that time have any knowledge of this. Wait all you want...BS pure and simple

Aaron1124

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
G22Paddy wrote:
I'm gonna wait for more info on this before calling BS or commenting otherwise on the OP.
No newspaper, radio or TV report, No police case number given, No booking information re that incident, none of the officers on duty at that time have any knowledge of this. Wait all you want...BS pure and simple
Don't tell me you actually called the police department and asked about it....

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:
G22Paddy wrote:
Why wouldn't he or anyone else call on the issue, it directly affects the creditability of the armed citizen.

We do not need story tellers and wannabes as it reflects badly upon us all.

amzbrady

imported post

BigDave wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:
G22Paddy wrote:
Why wouldn't he or anyone else call on the issue, it directly affects the creditability of the armed citizen.

We do not need story tellers and wannabes as it reflects badly upon us all.

+1

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

At this rate they should just ban accounts of self-defense stories.

There hasn't been a single one in months that isn't decried as B.S.

Maybe they all are B.S.

But, we all carry these guns for self-defense, surely they get used from time to time. But never reported here.

Why is that?

Aaron1124

imported post

Calling the P.D. and actually asking officers if there was such an incident just lights the O.P's fire. If he made it up, then he wants the attention, and he's certainly scored by getting this many replies. Just ignore it, and don't even post. Usually people who are attention craved will just move on.

Looks like he hasn't even been back since making the post anyway.

New Daddy

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:
What city was this in? Date and Time?

Trigger,

From what I can gather from the 'story'...

it was in Kent (at Kent Station)

it was on April 3rd (earlier today)

it was between noon and 7:30pm (earlier this afternoon/posted at 7:35pm)

Only one person booked at the Kent jail on Assualt 4, a female...

http://www.ci.kent.wa.us/corrections/jils/JailRegister.asp?s_Booking_Name=&s_Booking_No=&s_Date_of_Birth=&s_Race=&s_Sex=&FormGrid_Sorting=3&FormGrid_Sorted=3&FormGrid_Page=1#Grid

Maybe she looked like a guy?

ak56

Campaign Veteran
imported post

New Daddy wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:
What city was this in? Date and Time?

Trigger,

From what I can gather from the 'story'...

it was in Kent (at Kent Station)

it was on April 3rd (earlier today)

it was between noon and 7:30pm (earlier this afternoon/posted at 7:35pm)

Only one person booked at the Kent jail on Assualt 4, a female...

http://www.ci.kent.wa.us/corrections/jils/JailRegister.asp?s_Booking_Name=&s_Booking_No=&s_Date_of_Birth=&s_Race=&s_Sex=&FormGrid_Sorting=3&FormGrid_Sorted=3&FormGrid_Page=1#Grid

Maybe she looked like a guy?

[align=left]Aerosmith sang:

(That, that) Dude looks like a lady

Cruised into a bar on the shore
Her picture graced the grime on the door
She a long lost love at first bite
Baby maybe you're wrong, but you know it's all right
That's right

(That, that)
(That, that)

Backstage we're having the time
Of our lives until somebody say
Forgive me if I seem out of line
Then she whipped out her gun
And tried to blow me away

[/align]

Vern357

imported post

marshaul wrote:

Maybe they all are B.S.

But, we all carry these guns for self-defense, surely they get used from time to time. But never reported here.

Why is that?

Because I would guess that most of the time one in the defensive position has been smartly advised to keep his mouth shut.

Aaron1124

imported post

Vern357 wrote:
marshaul wrote:

Maybe they all are B.S.

Why is that?

Because I would guess that most of the time one in the defensive position has been smartly advised to keep his mouth shut.
Or maybe they don't suffer from Macho Man Syndrome and don't feel the need to come blabbing about it on the internets.