• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Starbucks does it again!

M

McX

imported post

supremely funny. i would have added; strange, my coffee tastes like gun powder.:D

The Big Guy

imported post

Somewhere I must have lost my sense of humor. Is this what passes for TV entertainment these days? I wouldn't know, I don't watch it.

BG

shrtcrt

imported post

I think these anti-gun people need to get a big cup of STFU and leave it alone. If Starbucks choses to follow state and local laws, then so be it. I am waiting for the story of how a person OC in Starbucks saves someone life.

Do these anti-gun people even think of all the people that are CC in Starbucks?

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

shrtcrt wrote:
I think these anti-gun people need to get a big cup of STFU and leave it alone. If Starbucks choses to follow state and local laws, then so be it. I am waiting for the story of how a person OC in Starbucks saves someone life.

Do these anti-gun people even think of all the people that are CC in Starbucks?

Though the anti-gun groups don't like CC either, it's not as muchof a problem to them as OC.

CC is "Out of sight - Out of Mind." The un-armed citizens have no idea that the person standing next to them is armed, when CC.

OC throws a big wrench in the anti's propaganda machinery. The masses have the oppertunity to see for them selves that armed citizens can walk about in public without endangering others. Those darned "shootouts in the street" just don't happen like the Brady's promised.

VegasGlocKid

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote
CC is "Out of sight - Out of Mind." The un-armed citizens have no idea that the person standing next to them is armed, when CC.
neither do the robbers and crooks getting ready to rob the store....yet there's cases of OC deterring crime....funny concept :cool:

Nevada carrier

imported post

shrtcrt I am waiting for the story of how a person OC in Starbucks saves someone life.[/quote]

HEADLINE!

An untold number of lives where saved today as undoubtedly many armed criminals where deterred from carrying out their dastardly plots while faced with a growing number of law abiding citizens who are exercising their second amendment rights to carry their fire arms, and carry them where others can see it.

on a related note, stock in depends adult diapers rose 12% today as many ordinary people crap themselves when they see law abiding citizens carrying firearms. One concerned business man says, "My company sells chalk, How am I supposed to stay competitive if the police no longer had to outline bodies of crime victims anymore? I don't like this as all," he said. There are some who are happy that the number of people capable of defending against criminals is on the rise, Officer Knucklehead of the Bradyville police department says, "Now I have time to finish my coffee and doughnuts before heading to a burglary, and when I get there, there is only one body, the burglar's, not the entire family of his victims. It really cuts down of paper work."

28kfps

imported post

Slidell Jim wrote:
This made my afternoon ! Thanks JK and Thanks Starbucks!

I am a little confused by the response to Kimmel skit. I personally believe it sends a bad message making a joke out of exercising the 2[suP]nd[/suP] amendment right. I know those that do carry open or concealed are not doing it as a joke and as a very serious responsibility. I believe shooting the guy at the end pushed it over the uncalled for top. Not condemning those who thought it was funny I like off the wall humor Just fond it interesting how of the small group in this string it appeared I was about the only one that see it as a slap in the face for pro-gunners which was shown on a national broadcasted TV show. It would be interesting to see what the anti gunners thought about it. I believe Kimmel might be .000001% funnier than Gonad I mean Conan which might be part of my take on the skit. :quirky

flagellum

imported post

http://www.snowflakesinhell.com/2010/04/13/the-daily-show-on-open-carry/#comment-61196

Our Founder Appears on the Daily Show. Yeah, they make fun of us (though much better than you would expect form liberals)
He explains why he chose to appear on TDS:

I am the open carrier who was featured on the show and I can answer your question as to why we thought doing the interview was a good idea. As a matter of fact, several commenters here have already touched on the reasons.
1) They WERE going to do a piece on open carry. It could have been once of us, or it could have been an angry, anti-government activist. Which do you think would have hurt the cause?
2) The Daily Show reaches a hip, young, urban audience who may never have even considered the legality of open carry or gun ownership. Those are future gun owners if we can reach them before they are indoctrinated by the other side.
3) So long as you do not make a statement that you are unwilling to own up to, there is no such thing as bad publicity. It was worth the shot at my weight and sexuality to hear the Brady Campaign described as a “well funded hate group”. :)
I hope this makes sense. Thanks!
John Pierce
OpenCarry.org