• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

nut job kills 4, injures 2 in coffee shop

PincheOgro1

imported post

Don't know if you guys up northheard about this, but I heard it on the news last night. I think it happened in LA, or San Bernardino somewhere.

Another reason open/concealed carry is a must.

Of course you know libs are gonna look at it differently.

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

Was the gun legally unloaded open carry (UOC) when it entered the coffee shop? Were there any legal UOC person inside? Did this shop ban UOC? Now I will have to go find the story.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
imported post

Here is a link to the AP story on Fox:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/04/03/people-dead-california-restaurant-shooting/

LOS ANGELES - A gunman walked into a San Fernando Valley restaurant Saturday and opened fire, killing four people and wounding two others, police said.
Three men were pronounced dead at the scene of the 4:40 p.m. attack at the Hot Spot Mediterranean Cafe, according to Los Angeles Police officer Rosario Herrera. Another man died of his wounds after being rushed to a hospital.
She said two others people were hospitalized, one in critical condition.
Police are searching for the suspected gunman, described only as male around 30 years old.
Investigators believe he fled in a vehicle. A motive for the attack was unknown.
"It's a very complex investigation that we are involved in right now," LAPD Deputy Chief Kirk Albanese said at a news conference Saturday night.
"Anytime we have a shooting at an eatery in broad daylight, we all need to be concerned."
Initial reports said five people were hit by gunfire, but police later said there had been six victims
The identifications of the shooting victims were not immediately released but police said five were men between 20 and 25 years old. Herrera also said she didn't know if the sixth victim was male or female.
Police do not believe the shooting was random. When a local resident asked Albanese if she should fear for her own safety, he replied, "We don't believe we have a crazed gunman running around looking to shoot someone."
Nearby residents told The Daily News the cafe often seemed strangely empty.
The place is shady," said Matt Edwards, who lives close by and heard the gunfire. "It opened five years ago and it's always closed and empty."
"There's always people outside talking but never anyone eating," said Kim Sutton, who lives around the corner.
Riverside Drive was closed as officials investigated the scene and searched for the gunman.

PT111

imported post

I really can't be sure and nothing was said about it but I suspect that the victims in this shootin were likely armed as well as the shooter considering the comments about why the shooting took place. I'll just leave it at that but I wouldn't try to use this as an example of why one needs to be armed in a restaurant. :?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

PT111 wrote:
I really can't be sure and nothing was said about it but I suspect that the victims in this shootin were likely armed as well as the shooter considering the comments about why the shooting took place. I'll just leave it at that but I wouldn't try to use this as an example of why one needs to be armed in a restaurant. :?
Might be a good example of why one should avoid certain places though.

Yata hey

PincheOgro1

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
PT111 wrote:
Might be a good example of why one should avoid certain places though.

Yata hey
I haven't heard anything, as far as the victims being armed. The only thing I heard initially was that 4 had been killed, 2 injured. The guy was armenian about 30. I've never been to the place in question, don't know that I ever would go there, don't know where it's at.

Wc

imported post

PincheOgro1 wrote:
I haven't heard anything, as far as the victims being armed. The only thing I heard initially was that 4 had been killed, 2 injured. The guy was armenian about 30. I've never been to the place in question, don't know that I ever would go there, don't know where it's at.
Hot Spot Cafe ‎11651 Riverside Drive, North Hollywood, CA 91602 (818) 506-0003‎

Good luck!

Streetbikerr6

imported post

PT111 wrote:

Hits always scare me. No time to react. I am sure every gun owner has played this out in their head. It is a no-win scenario. Very scary to think of. (and by hit I mean any quick random violent shooting where you are picked off first in a heartbeat)