• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The only problem with OC...the way I see it

zekester

imported post

I am a OC advocate....but like alot of us, I amnew to the OC, we are curious about the laws and ramifications.

We take it upon ourselves to find out the laws...we read every ordinance (and this is one thing which I am guilty of), we contact the local authorities so they would interperet the law.

On the upside, if you have a clarification of the law then you will know where you stand on this issue. On the downside it opens up the question to scrutiny.

Like alot of us, I do not have the resources to hire an attorney to fight, even if it is legal.

Is there any fund from opencarry.org that would help us in this action?. If not...why do we not start one.

Surely " we" know of lawyers which would take this on, but it will take money.

How about setting up a fund for MO....just for this action?

Like any other organization, there will be crackpots that just need to go away, but for those of us that wish to truly defend the constitution, we must all come together and make this happen.

Just to be clear, I am not the man for this job..but for this to truly work, there will have to be a concise effort to make this happen.

I would hope that opencarry.org could help us in this endeavour, but I think it will be up to the citizens of MO.

I would love to hear your comments and tell me anything that I can do to help.

ZEKE

Broondog

imported post

i don't know about a fund kind of thing getting off of the ground, but.....

IF i were to ever catch a firearms related case i would call this guy http://www.kljamisonlaw.com/ i hear tell that he is the best lawyer for all your firearms related woes in the state of Missouri.

just my two cents.

Broondog

imported post

ComSec wrote:
I like to fight with Jamison at gun shows he's not really OC friendly...
i'm only going by what i "hear" and since i'm on the other side of the state i've never met him. but a good lawyer should fight to win on your behalf no matter what his personal principles are and he appears to be quite well versed in MO firearms law.

again, my two cents.

Article1section23

imported post

Broondog wrote:
ComSec wrote:
I like to fight with Jamison at gun shows he's not really OC friendly...
i'm only going by what i "hear" and since i'm on the other side of the state i've never met him. but a good lawyer should fight to win on your behalf no matter what his personal principles are and he appears to be quite well versed in MO firearms law.

again, my two cents.
Kevin is OC friendly, if you have 50k. I've met/talked with him a couple times and he wouldn't be on my speed dial.