• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Camo and OC?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I only wear camo when I hunt. I see no reason to wear it anywhere else. I think those that do wear it in public are just goofy, including 'blue' camo or other colors. What happened to fashion for men? Why is the lowest common denominator the accepted standard now. Oh well because i always wear a shirt with a collar and nice shoes I automatically earn more respect.

XD40coyote

imported post

In my area there are alot of hunters, farmers, bikers,and general rednecks LOL, so camo doesn't turn heads. Between the beards, the caps, the beer bellies, the wifebeater shirts, the Harleys, rebel flags,and the pickup trucks, I don't think camo is going to make it different. Ha Ha I love PA. Southern York county is a hoot.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Laff ... I have a pair of brown/black camo cargo shorts my wife bought for me at Old Navy. She generally hates me wearing such things but thought it was funny to get them there. And yeah, I have OC'd in them. I think most people recognize that they are not "real" camo but rather "fashion camo" and don't think anything about it. But then again just wearing camo shorts and not otherwise wearing anything "tacticool" I think helps.

okboomer

imported post

OCinColorado wrote:
xI am 50 and will fight along side all of those young whipper snappers!
Well, I don't sport 'outdoor plumbing,' and I hit the half-century mark this year, but I'll be up high providing suppressing fire, right there with ya :lol:

BTW - I wonder how many I would have freaked out if they had seen me wearing my urban cammo Aussie hat today in the 90F heat while I worked in the garden :cool:Only I didn't have my black USMC wife beater on ... shucks, I gotta get with the dressing program :lol:

Wear what you want, the objective here is to desensitize the fraidy cats to the sight of a regular joe wearing a gun :what:

Hunterdave

imported post

Gogodawgs,

Camo is better than purple hair, peace signs,che shirts and tie dyed that I saw in
your state.Oh, and Obama shirts. In Louisiana camo is normal attire.