Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jimmy Kimmel OpenCarry's into Starbucks

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/3ayMZyKL6NA&hl=en_US&fs=1[/flash]
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

I can't tell who's side he is taking....?

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

richarcm wrote:
    My take is that he is taking OUR side. He states that the stores should just follow the law.. and makes a mockery of carrying to "show" how the anti's view us at our local starbucks.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    richarcm wrote:
    My take is that he is taking OUR side. He states that the stores should just follow the law.. and makes a mockery of carrying to "show" how the anti's view us at our local starbucks.
    I agree, it sounded like he was taking our side.

Post imported post

hunter45 wrote:
    ed wrote:
    richarcm wrote:
    I agree, it sounded like he was taking our side.
    Yes his opening was very cool. But then the act was very stereotypical. Almost encouraging the believe that we are going to bust into a Starbucks and point our gun at everyone.

Post imported post

not amused

Post imported post

richarcm wrote:
    ]Yes his opening was very cool.* But then the act was very stereotypical.* Almost encouraging the believe that we are going to bust into a Starbucks and point our gun at everyone.*
    Well it is a comedy show, so what do you expect? It would be boring if they showed someone OC into Starbucks, buy a coffee, and leave without any issues.

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Please note that three Macromedia Locally Stored Objects are dropped off by that video. LSOs, the gift that keeps on giving.

Post imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
    Please note that three Macromedia Locally Stored Objects are dropped off by that video. LSOs, the gift that keeps on giving.
    I have no idea what you are talking about but after looking it up (and am still clueless) I guess you mean Locally Shared Objects?

Now what are they?

Post imported post

hunter45 wrote:
    richarcm wrote:
    ]Yes his opening was very cool. But then the act was very stereotypical. Almost encouraging the believe that we are going to bust into a Starbucks and point our gun at everyone.
    Well it is a comedy show, so what do you expect? It would be boring if they showed someone OC into Starbucks, buy a coffee, and leave without any issues.
    Well....that is true but it would have maybe been funnier had someone walked into Starbucks open carrying and a bunch of hippies started freaking out, crying and calling the police while the open carrier simply ordered a hot tea. But they chose to stereotype the open carrier instead of the anti Starbucks customer. That's why I asked....

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I find it highly offensive.

I am not amused by the implication that all gun-owners do everything by threatening.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I liked it. If we can't laugh at ourselves...
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

I'm not amused either - this reinforces negative stereotyped images.

That and everybody has their finger on the trigger.

This not comedy - in fact nothing about carrying a gun for self-defense is humorous.

Now the antis...............they're funny!

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:

This not comedy - in fact nothing about carrying a gun for self-defense is humorous.

Yata hey
    It is because it is rejectable that it is funny. Stop being so literal. If I took you so literally, we'd never exchange any banter.

Another way of looking at this is that you never see deliberate comedy from the anti-'s. They are soooooo serious, it never occurs to them to be comedic. And, if we did any comedy skits against them, the howls of anger would be deafening.

I also loved the little skit about a shop in Texas where a champagne cork pops and every patron pulls a gun and threat-checks 360-degrees.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

I'm trying to remember the quote I heard about excessive seriousness being a sign of immaturity.

Stop and think for a minute. To people who don't carry or even own a gun, we look kind of strange. And all they know about guns is what they get from Clint Eastwood movies, where even the good guy is always intimidating those around him. To the unarmed, life is a big pro-wrestling match where everyone trashtalks and puts on a show of fake courage andportrays a sort of caricature ofmanhood and strength.

Let's not become like the antis and other too-serious "activists" who just make themselves so uncomfortable to be around that no one invites them to dinner anymore for fear they'll make a scene and get on a soapbox.

The idea is to just roll with the jokes and move on. Fighting it only makes you an easier target for the next joke.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    SNIP Fighting it only makes you an easier target for the next joke.
    Dammit, quit warning Grapeshot.:P

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

W.E.G. wrote:
    not amused
    It's hillarious!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Tomahawk wrote:
    Not that I don't use and appreciate humor, sarcasim & Citizen; but not excessively.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
    Well actually, open carry could be made funny, but mainly the funnies would be the when antis enter the scene.

example of OC being funny by itself:

Some guy has 6 holstered pistols and a slung EBR rifleon him, and behind him is his horse harnessed up to a cannon, wheeling it around.

examples of antis causing the comedy:

- The crazy nutty anti who gets in your face for carrying a gun, and keeps stating over and over how scared they are. They keep asking why you have to carry a gun, and finally you have had enough and say " to protect me from possibly violent crazy people who yell in my face?" The anti then has a childlike temper tantrum on the floor and sounds like the Gollum.

-Eric Cartman or Bart Simpson breaks into the shed the antis are using to store their protest signs and banners, and changes them so they say things like " criminals for gun control", " "we approve of rape", and so on. The next morning, the antis get their signs and bannersand begin their protest, and don't even notice that the signs have been changed.

-An OCer is in a Starbucks, and some antis come in and start saying snide things, including " why does that guy think he needs a gun in here?". The OCer ignores them and then finishes up and leaves. The antis sit down and shortly after a former employee of the store who was fired for having a bad temper, comes in for revenge. He shoots the manager then runs out. Next a gangbanger runs in and robs the place at gunpoint.Next, some nutjob with a knife comes in and starts stabbing people. He runs out and lets a crazed pitbull in. The pitbull starts biting people and runs around with someone's arm. Finally the police show up. As they open the door, a rabid raccoon runs in and bites someone.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Citizen wrote:
    Tomahawk wrote:
    Not that I don't use and appreciate humor, sarcasim & Citizen; but not excessively.
    Youshould use this link, too:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm

Too many "i"s looks funny to the eyes.

:P

Post imported post

richarcm wrote:
    I have no idea what you are talking about but after looking it up (and am still clueless) I guess you mean Locally Shared Objects?

Now what are they?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_Shared_Object

TFred

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    Let's not become like the antis and other too-serious "activists" who just make themselves so uncomfortable to be around that no one invites them to dinner anymore for fear they'll make a scene and get on a soapbox.
    Too True!
    I sell ObamaBlades: Single-edged razors you can use to either remove the bumper sticker off your car, or slash your wrists..whichever works best for you.

Post imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
    Some guy has 6 holstered pistols and a slung EBR rifleon him, and behind him is his horse harnessed up to a cannon, wheeling it around.

- The crazy nutty anti who gets in your face for carrying a gun, and keeps stating over and over how scared they are. They keep asking why you have to carry a gun, and finally you have had enough and say " to protect me from possibly violent crazy people who yell in my face?" The anti then has a childlike temper tantrum on the floor and sounds like the Gollum.

-Eric Cartman or Bart Simpson breaks into the shed the antis are using to store their protest signs and banners, and changes them so they say things like " criminals for gun control", " "we approve of rape", and so on. The next morning, the antis get their signs and bannersand begin their protest, and don't even notice that the signs have been changed.
    the horse pulling the cannon around..thats funny!

the other two? those are good...i'd like to see that in real life.

The last one...well that was just SICK! dude, man that was so NOT kewl.
    I sell ObamaBlades: Single-edged razors you can use to either remove the bumper sticker off your car, or slash your wrists..whichever works best for you.

Post imported post

richarcm wrote:

Now what are they?
    I haven't scanned or looked for them yet, but those can be tracking cookies or other "objects".

What they do is anybody's guess because "objects" can be written to do just about anything.

They could be harmless and just gather information about what video resolution or video player type you use or they could search out your computer for personal information.

Generally, any "object" that is left after you finish a video or any website for that matter should be deleted. Many sites though are bad about leaving their trash on your computer. That's where good maintenance comes in.

The good news is that bad objects are generally found rather quickly and are detectable by the various anti-spam and anti-virus software. Keep those up to date, use a good firewall, and don't use a root accessible windows account to surf the web and you should be safe from all but a deliberate attack.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

W.E.G. wrote:
    not amused
    Ditto

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast