• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WORKING TO RESTORE FIREARMS RIGHTS

DanM

imported post

Yooper wrote:
I'm sure we're all guilty of tax evasion, in some form.

Tax evasion is the crime of intentionally not paying taxes you know that you owe. Unintendedmistakes with taxes, through incomplete knowledge of the tax code or other error,is not tax evasion and is not a crime. They arecorrected rightfully so with monetary penalties and interest, but they are notcrimes.

Folks who make mistakes through an incomplete knowledge of the tax code are responsible for their error, but are not criminals.

Tax evaders are criminals. They are thieves.

wolverine1856

imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
I personally feel pretty strongly about felons not being able to own firearms, I have known quite a few felons in my time; I still have quite a few friends who are "rehabilitated"

they are currently commuting just as many crimes as they did before they went to prison
for whatever they did. they are just better at not being caught.

the way i see it, if you prove to society that you can commit a felony, when you get out, I'll hang out, hug out, hire, work with, whatever, but as for a firearm, you already proved your willingness to commit a crime, I'd prefer not to make your repeat offense any deadlier, thanks.

this includes drunk driving felonies.

If you know these "friends" are still committing crimes, I sure hope you are turning them in.

Dexter

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
kyleplusitunes wrote:
I don't know of any victim-less felonies.

Tax Evasion.
Drug possession (say, if you are growing a single plant of cannabis in your basement).
Consensual sex - sometimes called "Statutory Rape."
Prostitution/Solicitation
Running a gambling house
Consensual Sodomy (Both Oral and Anal intercourse are illegal in MI)
Euthanasia (mercy killing of a terminally ill person - with consent)

I'm sure there are more.
Also running moonshine. That happened to Bo and Luke Duke. They had to carry compound bow's and dynamite tipped arrows.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

I wouldnt mind taxes so much, if they were fair. i.e. "flat taxes". And if an item were only taxed once, and if I could choose to have my personal taxes not go to fund things I am morally opposed to, and if I got my moneys worth out of my country, i.e. quality roads, schools, leadership, etc. And there were no "sin taxes", (seperation f church and state plz). Oh, maybe if the IRS wasnt threatening me to get their money, what do we call non govenment employees who do this? Ih thats right, we call them felons.

kyleplusitunes

imported post

wolverine1856 wrote:
kyleplusitunes wrote:
I personally feel pretty strongly about felons not being able to own firearms, I have known quite a few felons in my time; I still have quite a few friends who are "rehabilitated"

they are currently commuting just as many crimes as they did before they went to prison
for whatever they did. they are just better at not being caught.

this includes drunk driving felonies.

If you know these "friends" are still committing crimes, I sure hope you are turning them in. 

eh, while we do live in a "tattle tale" society, i am not one to help our criminal government by participating in our "hitler youth" snitch programs.

Bronson

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
kyleplusitunes wrote:
I don't know of any victim-less felonies.

Tax Evasion.
Drug possession (say, if you are growing a single plant of cannabis in your basement).
Consensual sex - sometimes called "Statutory Rape."
Prostitution/Solicitation
Running a gambling house
Consensual Sodomy (Both Oral and Anal intercourse are illegal in MI)
Euthanasia (mercy killing of a terminally ill person - with consent)

I'm sure there are more.

Let's not forget adultery.

750.30 Adultery; punishment.

Sec. 30.

Punishment—Any person who shall commit adultery shall be guilty of a felony; and when the crime is committed between a married woman and a man who is unmarried, the man shall be guilty of adultery, and liable to the same punishment.

And if you're a single man and have an affair with a married woman YOUbecome the adulterer and can be convicted of a felony and lose your right to own a firearm.

Also if you get a divorce and then, for whatever reason, you patch it up with your ex and are cohabitating you are guilty of the felony crime ofadultery and will lose your ability to own a firearm.
750.32 Adultery; cohabitation of divorced parties.

Sec. 32.

Cohabitation by divorced parties—If any persons after being divorced from the bonds of matrimony for any cause whatever, shall cohabit together, they shall be liable to all the penalties provided by law against adultery.
Damn thoseadulterers...we gotta keep 'em from gettin' the guns.

Bronson

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
I wouldnt mind taxes so much, if they were fair. i.e. "flat taxes". And if an item were only taxed once, and if I could choose to have my personal taxes not go to fund things I am morally opposed to, and if I got my moneys worth out of my country, i.e. quality roads, schools, leadership, etc. And there were no "sin taxes", (seperation f church and state plz). Oh, maybe if the IRS wasnt threatening me to get their money, what do we call non govenment employees who do this? Ih thats right, we call them felons.
What do you do for a living?

khicks

imported post

first of welcome to mgo, it was my understanding that that if the state said you can get your gun rights back the feds went along with it?

CoonDog

imported post

Bronson wrote:
And if you're a single man and have an affair with a married woman YOUbecome the adulterer and can be convicted of a felony and lose your right to own a firearm.

Also if you get a divorce and then, for whatever reason, you patch it up with your ex and are cohabitating you are guilty of the felony crime ofadultery and will lose your ability to own a firearm.
Damn, that's some expensive poon-tang! :what:

medic1752

imported post

Hello all, here is my unique situation, please use it for perspective, reservation of judgement, etc. I am going to present this in a lineal format, I want you to take note of how you feel about me when you start reading vs the end.

I was raised by the state, I have no parents

I am a convicted Felon.

I have comitted three Felonys (that I was caught for) and a misdemeanor

These crimes consist of Larceny, Embezzlement, Carrying of concealed weapon, and assault and battery.

ask yourself how you like me now?

I never did any jail time.

the ccw was for a knife in my car, the embezzlement for playing with a couple of two-way radios that belonged to my employer, the larceny was for taking fire extinguishers out of a dumpster, and the A+B was for slamming a door behind me and I didnt know anyone was there.

I was 18 years old and less when all this occured.

how about now?

today I am 30 years old, i am happily married with two beautiful children.

I have three college degrees, I am currently a state certified firefighter and licensed paramedic.

I am continuing my medical education currently applying to Med Schools.

I havent so much as bent a law since I was 18.

so how do you like me now?

I believe there should atleast be an avenue for folks like myself. I feel the same way most of you do, murder, rape, pediphilia, etc. should not be treated lightly but for those of you that state "a convicted felon should not...." I ask you what is a convicted felon?

Charles Manson is a Felon and so am I

I learned while I was young... more or less I reluctantly say that the system worked for me, I did wrong, was punished, and learned.

I dont want to be punished anymore, I want to serve my community (I am) and just be "normal"

I am found in this site because I feel I should have the same right to protect my 5 year old little girl, 7 year old son, and wife EXACTLY the same as others

others who the only difference is they never got caught, were let off, or their parents handled it

oh yeah, I said it EVERYONE is a criminal, just some actually have a record of it, there isnt a person or even a cop on the street that didnt (or some still do) smoke marijuana and thereby be in possesion of a controlled substance, or drink a little too much and drive, or slap their kid or wife, or take something that didnt belong to them

you dont have to admit it to me but think to yourself what all you didnt get caught for, or that time yourparents whooped your tailinstead of a judge and jail.

thanks for your time

lil_freak_66

imported post

there are certain felons i feel should be allowed to own and carry firearms.

you can get a drunk driving felony,my ex step father has one,he was lucky enough to be restored firearms rights,though he never purchased one after fighting for it..

but things like bad checks,drunk driving,certain csc's...and many other non violent,sex or drug related crimes.

G

imported post

medic1752 wrote:
Hello all, here is my unique situation, please use it for perspective, reservation of judgement, etc. I am going to present this in a lineal format, I want you to take note of how you feel about me when you start reading vs the end.

I was raised by the state, I have no parents

I am a convicted Felon.

I have comitted three Felonys (that I was caught for) and a misdemeanor

These crimes consist of Larceny, Embezzlement, Carrying of concealed weapon, and assault and battery.

ask yourself how you like me now?

I never did any jail time.

the ccw was for a knife in my car, the embezzlement for playing with a couple of two-way radios that belonged to my employer, the larceny was for taking fire extinguishers out of a dumpster, and the A+B was for slamming a door behind me and I didnt know anyone was there.

I was 18 years old and less when all this occured.

how about now?

today I am 30 years old, i am happily married with two beautiful children.

I have three college degrees, I am currently a state certified firefighter and licensed paramedic.

I am continuing my medical education currently applying to Med Schools.

I havent so much as bent a law since I was 18.

so how do you like me now?

I believe there should atleast be an avenue for folks like myself. I feel the same way most of you do, murder, rape, pediphilia, etc. should not be treated lightly but for those of you that state "a convicted felon should not...." I ask you what is a convicted felon?

Charles Manson is a Felon and so am I

I learned while I was young... more or less I reluctantly say that the system worked for me, I did wrong, was punished, and learned.

I dont want to be punished anymore, I want to serve my community (I am) and just be "normal"

I am found in this site because I feel I should have the same right to protect my 5 year old little girl, 7 year old son, and wife EXACTLY the same as others

others who the only difference is they never got caught, were let off, or their parents handled it

oh yeah, I said it EVERYONE is a criminal, just some actually have a record of it, there isnt a person or even a cop on the street that didnt (or some still do) smoke marijuana and thereby be in possesion of a controlled substance, or drink a little too much and drive, or slap their kid or wife, or take something that didnt belong to them

you dont have to admit it to me but think to yourself what all you didnt get caught for, or that time yourparents whooped your tailinstead of a judge and jail.

thanks for your time
Too many laws that classify crimes as felonies.

The government has no control over law abiding citizens. The only way to control them is to enact laws that create criminals. And felons are easily controlled.

Every one of the crimes you committed should not have been crimes at all.

Knife in a car? Give me a break!!! Misuse of employer property= embezzlement? Bull$hit!!! Larceny of garbage? Garbage!!! A+B for slamming a door? Hockey pucks.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
Bad check maybe... violent never gonna happen!

Time served is time served.

I don't think felons should lose their right to vote.

The second amendment is singled out as the only right in the bill of rights that one loses for committing a felony.

Why don't we take away their right to a speedy trial, or their right against cruel and unusual punishment? These rights are in the same category as the right to keep & bear, and held with the same regard.
I agree. Certainly many felons are non-violent and are nota menace to society and they deserve the right to self defense like any other human being. Either we are free or we are not.

Venator

imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
good point, I'm all for manditory life sentances on all felons. I like the way you think.

I grew up with a kid, in and out of county jail from the time he was 18 to 20 or so, at 20 he commited his first real violent crime, broke into some families house while they were asleep, the father woke up to go the bathroom while he was in the house, he beat him within inches of his life, he did 3 of 15 for this. he got out, was out for a while, commited armed robbery and attempted murder, beat the guy within inches of his life again.

this guy is now on parole at 29. I think we should work to restore his firearm rights because of time served, he's better right? wrong.
Life for all felons, really? So for an 18 year old that writes a bad check to cover the rent should be in prison for life? Perhaps you should look at all the crimes that are considered a felony and maybe you will change your mind.

kyleplusitunes

imported post

So you work for a fire department that hires felons?

and yeah, and 18 year old who writes bad checks should be in the joint forever, I'm out here working 60 hours a week to keep my standard of living, if an 18 year old didn't have parents that taught them the difference between right and wrong.

okay, maybe not life, but at least capital punishment. so we don't have to pay to keep them incarcerated.

Venator

imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
So you work for a fire department that hires felons?

and yeah, and 18 year old who writes bad checks should be in the joint forever, I'm out here working 60 hours a week to keep my standard of living, if an 18 year old didn't have parents that taught them the difference between right and wrong.

okay, maybe not life, but at least capital punishment. so we don't have to pay to keep them incarcerated.
Wow, you is a hard ass.:what:

CoonDog

imported post

I move to extradite kyleplusitunes back to whatever communist colony he escaped from. His politics are a perennial danger to freedom loving peoples everywhere. If there weren't a .gov keeping him warm and safe at night, he wouldn't know what to do with himself. :lol: