• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

May 1st Babecue Meet

ZackL

imported post

With all of the talk on the other thread about having another meet (barbecue) next month I thought I would get discussions rolling on this one. I'm terrible about planning, but a barbecue seems like a great idea because it will allowthose who don't carry to havefun too. Anyway, start throwing out ideas guys. I live in Calhan so I'm not going to be much use on finding a location or anything like that...

If the barbecue idea takes off really well we'll want to bring games and toys for those who are easily bored or aren't great talkers. I think, too, that we'll need to divide up duties and costs in a pot luck kind of way. I've got soda, water and cups covered... Any takers on this idea? I feel like a lost puppy trying to set this up lol.

One more thing, maybe we could get the entire state together on this one or multiple states? I don't know how we would be able toaccomplish this, but it would be cool to meet some OCers from outside the Colorado Springs area. Sorry for this being so choppy by the way, it's been a long day and I'm kind of nervous about starting this.

OCinColorado

imported post

I would find it very difficult to attend anything on Sunday afternoon, but if it were Later in the afternoon such as 5:00 or so then I maybe would able to make it.

Here's a graphic I worked up just for the fun of it.
Hope you like it!

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

We could either have everyone bring something, chip in 5-10 bucks, whatever.

bomber

imported post

i'd like to make it if i can. springs or denver?

mahkagari

imported post

I expect to be performing with my daughters at Longmont's Cinco de Mayo. Travel down to the Springs'd be a bit tight. :)

ZackL

imported post

I'm personally up for anything, I make semi-regular trips north anyway, just kind of up to what everyone else thinks. If we did it somewhere other than the springs we could probably do it somewhere in between (Castle Rock?) to make it easier for everyone. My only concern is I don't want it to end up like the last Castle Rock meet lol.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

mahkagari wrote:
ZackL wrote:
My only concern is I don't want it to end up like the last Castle Rock meet lol.
What happened?
Probably about 10 or so people were supposed to show and me and Zack were the only ones that actually showed up. Zack didn't even have his gun yet so I was the only one OC'ing.

ZackL

imported post

I'm up for a Sunday meet. I'm a freelance writer so I could even make a Monday meet up. Sunday afternoons would probably work better for most people as well because they will be done with church and won't have much else to worry about. So Sunday the Second anyone? I've still got soda, water and cups...

ooghost1oo

imported post

I would love to be a part of it, Zack. Change the title to May 2nd, Sunday. :)

Did somebody mention having an entire cow or something?

And where would this take place? Anyone have a huge back yard? Or would we rather have a big public park?

ZackL

imported post

I wish I knew how to change the title lol. Yeah, flip on the last meet up thread said something about it. I'll PM him and see if he's up for a May 2nd thing. I personally would like to see us all get together somewhere public that we can have others from different cities attend.

What's the farthest everyone is able to travel?