• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2 old friends moving to AL (Selma and Courtland)

paramedic70002

imported post

My friends lost their jobs due to a mill closure and are moving to keep their seniority, pay and benefits.

Do y'all have any advice I can pass along as far as political climate for OC/CC, permit restrictions, etc.

Is there a state gun rights group? I couldn't find any with Google that were active.

Anything else?

Thanks!

fox2102

imported post

CC is pretty easy. You can have your permit in a day. OC varies from county to county. It's legal but depending on where you are dictates how well it will go over with the local LEOs. There isnt really any gun rights groups that i know of. Maybe some local groups but nothing state wide. Permit restrictions vary from county to county too

jbird

imported post

Your friend going to the Courtland mill will be in my neck of the woods. Permits for CC won't be a problem, as stated by others Open Carry varies. If he hasn't decided on where to live yet, I would recommend Colbert County. Pemits are only $5.00 a year and no big city hassles like Huntsville and Decatur :D. Feel free to PM me for info on where to shoot, etc in the area, be glad to help.

Jay