• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

registering your oc gun?

revolverrandy

imported post

I am pretty sure I know the answer on this one but searching I haven't found a clear answer to this and need to be sure.

In Wi do I need to have my gun registered that I open carry with?

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum1/1.html
7) If you state a rule of law, it is incumbent upon you to try to cite, as best you can, to authority. Citing to authority, using links when available, is what makes OCDO so successful. An authority is a published source of law that can back your claim up - statute, ordinance, court case, newspaper article covering a legal issue, etc.
Remember, this is Wisconsin and not Vermont or New Jersey. So, please cite Wisconsin law.

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

No, you do not have to register your gun before open carrying it. There no is law, so there is nothing to cite.