• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Someone in Chicago "Gets It".

PavePusher

imported post

http://www.examiner.com/x-22235-Chicago-African-American-Issues-Examiner~y2010m4d1-Chicago-and-guns

"Recently I discovered that Chicago, IL is by far the most Anti-gun city in the United States. And quite frankly I've learned that that is probably the main reason why violent crime and police corruption are so high in this city. The main reason for this is the Chicago gun ban and the gun turn in program.

Chicago Gun Ban

Who : The gun law was passed by former Chicago Mayor Jane Margaret Byrne and was pushed heavily by former Alderman Fred Roti, Ed Burke and Wilson Frost

What : Bans Chicagoans from owning or bearing arms in open carry, concealed carry or otherwise. Police officers, Alderman, City Govt. officials, Certain security guards and unfortunately small time and big time criminals are exempt. Leaving the average everyday law abiding citizen extremely vulnerable."

http://www.examiner.com/x-22235-Chicago-African-American-Issues-Examiner~y2010m4d2-My-opinion-on-Chicago-gun-laws?cid=exrss-Chicago-African-American-Issues-Examiner

"Yesterday I posted an article showing basic facts about the Second Amendment, Gun laws in Chicago, gun turn in days and basic facts about gun laws in AMerica. This time I'll post basic facts the lawsuit in federal court to lift the gun ban in Chicago, IL. and what I think so far of Chicago's gun laws.

So far there has been a group of Chicagoans' who are pushing really hard to lift the Chicago gun ban.

Who : (Left to right pictured) Adam Orlov, David & Colleen Lawson and Otis McDonald

What : All have been fighting the Chicago gun ban and took their case to the Supreme Court recently.

Where : In the City of Chicago, IL."

http://www.examiner.com/x-22235-Chicago-African-American-Issues-Examiner?showbio

nobama

imported post

Being from Illinois, (not chicago) I will tell you they do get it. Its just "they know best". If it wasnt for Chicago, Illinois would be a nice place to live again.

rscottie

imported post

wethepeople wrote:
Being from Illinois, (not chicago) I will tell you they do get it. Its just "they know best". If it wasnt for Chicago, Illinois would be a nice place to live again.

I lived in IL for about 4 years in both Collinsville and Rantoul in the late 80's and early 90's. Collinsville was nice when I was there, right by the Brooks Ketchup bottle for you locals, but I drove by there a few years ago and it seems the apartment complex I used to live in has gone to the gang-bangers.

As far as most of it being a nice place to live, I agree.

BUT, they do need to get rid of the FOID Card (Firearms Owner I.D.) and many other restrictions on firearm possession and use.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It is nice to see that someone in Chicago gets it. Sometimes I miss Chicago and there are things I would like to visit there. If this ever moves in the direction of freedom maybe I could in good conscience spend money and time there again.

The problems with IL run so deep that even if we chipped in and bought the O'Leary's a new cow and then shut down the hydrant system city wide, the stench from IL politics would hang over the state and everything within its reach for a generation. BUT, starting in that direction is better than just continuing the festering rot.

fully_armed_biker

imported post

Having been born and raised in the Chicagoland area,actually Oak Park...and having lived there for 28 years...I can say, without hesitation that there are only 2 things I miss about Chicago....1)Chicago food, 2) Chicago sports.

Unfortunately, as long as someone with the last name "Daley" is in office in Chicago, there will be never ending corruption in City Hall, as well as throughout Cook County politics. Daley isacrook...an even bigger crook than his father ever was. And don't forget where that a$$hole sitting in the Oval Office came from...Yep, you guessed it...The Cook County Democratic Machine...he's as corrupt, and as big a crook, as all the rest of the Chicago politicians...:banghead: