Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 63

Thread: The Daily Show with John Stewart Tonight! (4/5)

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Herndon, VA
    Posts
    120

    Post imported post

    I don't know if any of you guys saw the preview for the daily show tonight but it showed Wyatt Cenac interviewing people about what seemed to be Open Carry. I cannot find any video of the preview but make sure to watch anyways. I tried to find something but I haven't been able to.

    If someone can find something on this please link

  2. #2
    Regular Member KYKevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Owensboro, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    328

    Post imported post

    Hope it sheds a good light on oc.
    Kentucky Open Carry Group
    http://opencarry.niceboards.org/

    We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    2

    Post imported post

    Well, it is Jon Stewart... He might make fun of us Second Amendment Enthusiasts. But there is always the possibility that he does us justice. Been watching, and still haven't seen anything relating to carry of any type... yet. Hopefully soon because I normally wouldn't watch him.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Herndon, VA
    Posts
    120

    Post imported post

    Hm, i didn't see anything. I did see a preview for it though.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , California, USA
    Posts
    560

    Post imported post

    DaveyC wrote:
    Well, it is Jon Stewart... He might make fun of us Second Amendment Enthusiasts. But there is always the possibility that he does us justice. Been watching, and still haven't seen anything relating to carry of any type... yet. Hopefully soon because I normally wouldn't watch him.
    The Daily Show is on Comedy Central, I've no doubt that he'll crack some jokes and present some things in a lighthearted way. Yet, though I don't always agree with his politics and angles, he is an intelliegent, well researched interviewer with less bias than the mainstream media. Even if he's cracking jokes to entertain, he still has a rational point of view and knows what he's talking about in the interviews.

    It's a sad thing when a show on comedy central has more quality to it than the regular news on the networks. Sad, but there it is.

  6. #6
    Regular Member XD40coyote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    woman stuck in Maryland, ,
    Posts
    709

    Post imported post

    NightOwl wrote:
    DaveyC wrote:
    Well, it is Jon Stewart... He might make fun of us Second Amendment Enthusiasts. But there is always the possibility that he does us justice. Been watching, and still haven't seen anything relating to carry of any type... yet. Hopefully soon because I normally wouldn't watch him.
    The Daily Show is on Comedy Central, I've no doubt that he'll crack some jokes and present some things in a lighthearted way. Yet, though I don't always agree with his politics and angles, he is an intelliegent, well researched interviewer with less bias than the mainstream media. Even if he's cracking jokes to entertain, he still has a rational point of view and knows what he's talking about in the interviews.

    It's a sad thing when a show on comedy central has more quality to it than the regular news on the networks. Sad, but there it is.
    Yeah, like some episodes of South Park...

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Rapid City, South Dakota, USA
    Posts
    302

    Post imported post

    guess it got bumped

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Herndon, VA
    Posts
    120

    Post imported post

    Didn't see anything

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Centreville, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,761

    Post imported post

    Apparently it will be this week now sometime per John's facebook page. Maybe. Lol.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    , Arizona, USA
    Posts
    16

    Post imported post

    XD40coyote wrote:
    NightOwl wrote:
    DaveyC wrote:
    Well, it is Jon Stewart... He might make fun of us Second Amendment Enthusiasts. But there is always the possibility that he does us justice. Been watching, and still haven't seen anything relating to carry of any type... yet. Hopefully soon because I normally wouldn't watch him.
    The Daily Show is on Comedy Central, I've no doubt that he'll crack some jokes and present some things in a lighthearted way. Yet, though I don't always agree with his politics and angles, he is an intelliegent, well researched interviewer with less bias than the mainstream media. Even if he's cracking jokes to entertain, he still has a rational point of view and knows what he's talking about in the interviews.

    It's a sad thing when a show on comedy central has more quality to it than the regular news on the networks. Sad, but there it is.
    Yeah, like some episodes of South Park...

    Absolutely!

    I actually heard that the creaters of South Park were Libertarian (thats right not Liberal but Libertarian), can anyone confirm that?


  11. #11
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487

    Post imported post

    exp15 wrote:
    I actually heard that the creaters of South Park were Libertarian (thats right not Liberal but Libertarian), can anyone confirm that?
    http://reason.com/archives/2006/12/0...k-libertarians

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1

    Post imported post

    It makes your whole movement look idiotic. It's pretty accurate in that respect.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Eight Mile, , USA
    Posts
    234

    Post imported post

    asdf wrote:
    It makes your whole movement look idiotic. It's pretty accurate in that respect.
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Centreville, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,761

    Post imported post

    That was a great first& last post, lol.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Everett, Washington, USA
    Posts
    178

    Post imported post

    asdf wrote:
    It makes your whole movement look idiotic. It's pretty accurate in that respect.

    any one smell a troll?


    i just got done watching the episode and thats how i found this forum.


    -matt


  16. #16
    McX
    Guest

    Post imported post

    asdf wrote:
    It makes your whole movement look idiotic. It's pretty accurate in that respect.
    obviously this individual is a well respected rocket scientist!



  17. #17
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,382

    Post imported post

    But he raises a good point, who decides what is the 'movement' and what is its perception by the demos? The cartoonish one-dimensional aspect should not be lightly dismissed.

    The movement is of a wrinkle-neck trout.



  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063

    Post imported post

    What a jerk.

    Anyway, it will ultimately help the cause. There is no such thing as bad publicity. (Well, there is, but that wasn't it.) I notice he did a pretty straight interview, apart from one question, with the Brady guy.

    The bit at the end was something of an unwarranted caricature. While this was nowhere near as bad a that whole show I suffered through a week ago, it once again validates my low opinion of The Daily Show.

  20. #20
    Regular Member sraacke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Saint Gabriel, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    1,222

    Post imported post

    1245A Defender wrote: That was funny. Thanks for posting it. John and Mike did a good job and I got a few good laughs out of it. "What are you people looking at? It's 2010. Get over it." The best part is when he sat down at teh table and the guy scooted away. "Oh, you're going to move over just like that?" Funny.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

  21. #21
    Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,839

    Post imported post

    eye95 wrote:
    I notice he did a pretty straight interview, apart from one question, with the Brady guy.

    The bit at the end was something of an unwarranted caricature. While this was nowhere near as bad a that whole show I suffered through a week ago, it once again validates my low opinion of The Daily Show.
    I can not agree. You may want to watch it again. The whole thing was mocking and making light of the movement. It was intended as entertainment and not serious journalism by any stretch.

  22. #22
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    UMMMMM nothing on the Stewart show is serious journalism, you do know this right?

    LOL....:P
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  23. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063

    Post imported post

    Interceptor_Knight wrote:
    eye95 wrote:
    I notice he did a pretty straight interview, apart from one question, with the Brady guy.

    The bit at the end was something of an unwarranted caricature. While this was nowhere near as bad a that whole show I suffered through a week ago, it once again validates my low opinion of The Daily Show.
    I can not agree. You may want to watch it again. The whole thing was mocking and making light of the movement. It was intended as entertainment and not serious journalism by any stretch.
    I was referring only to the Brady interview. The interviews with our guys were quite mocking. I was trying to illustrate the bias in the two interview styles.

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063

    Post imported post

    sudden valley gunner wrote:
    UMMMMM nothing on the Stewart show is serious journalism, you do know this right?

    LOL....:P
    Unfortunately, many people consider this show to be their primary source of "news."

    I know one personally. I am not impressed with his ability to evaluate.

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,187

    Post imported post

    The absolute stupidest thing about Brady Brat's comment is it is more about feeling unsafe than being unsafe. People get nervous or scared about what someone might do, so they ask people to CC. ???? The gun is still there!!! I would have more respect for their movement if they left irrational premises like this out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •