Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Daily Show with John Stewart Tonight! (4/5)

Post imported post

I don't know if any of you guys saw the preview for the daily show tonight but it showed Wyatt Cenac interviewing people about what seemed to be Open Carry. I cannot find any video of the preview but make sure to watch anyways. I tried to find something but I haven't been able to.

If someone can find something on this please link

Post imported post

Hope it sheds a good light on oc.
    Kentucky Open Carry Group
    http://opencarry.niceboards.org/

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

Post imported post

Well, it is Jon Stewart... He might make fun of us Second Amendment Enthusiasts. But there is always the possibility that he does us justice. Been watching, and still haven't seen anything relating to carry of any type... yet. Hopefully soon because I normally wouldn't watch him.

Post imported post

Hm, i didn't see anything. I did see a preview for it though.

Post imported post

DaveyC wrote:
    Well, it is Jon Stewart... He might make fun of us Second Amendment Enthusiasts. But there is always the possibility that he does us justice. Been watching, and still haven't seen anything relating to carry of any type... yet. Hopefully soon because I normally wouldn't watch him.
    The Daily Show is on Comedy Central, I've no doubt that he'll crack some jokes and present some things in a lighthearted way. Yet, though I don't always agree with his politics and angles, he is an intelliegent, well researched interviewer with less bias than the mainstream media. Even if he's cracking jokes to entertain, he still has a rational point of view and knows what he's talking about in the interviews.

It's a sad thing when a show on comedy central has more quality to it than the regular news on the networks. Sad, but there it is.

Post imported post

NightOwl wrote:
    DaveyC wrote:
    The Daily Show is on Comedy Central, I've no doubt that he'll crack some jokes and present some things in a lighthearted way. Yet, though I don't always agree with his politics and angles, he is an intelliegent, well researched interviewer with less bias than the mainstream media. Even if he's cracking jokes to entertain, he still has a rational point of view and knows what he's talking about in the interviews.

It's a sad thing when a show on comedy central has more quality to it than the regular news on the networks. Sad, but there it is.
    Yeah, like some episodes of South Park...

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

guess it got bumped

Post imported post

Didn't see anything

Post imported post

Apparently it will be this week now sometime per John's facebook page. Maybe. Lol.

Post imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
    NightOwl wrote:
    DaveyC wrote:

Yeah, like some episodes of South Park...

Absolutely!

I actually heard that the creaters of South Park were Libertarian (thats right not Liberal but Libertarian), can anyone confirm that?

Post imported post

exp15 wrote:
    I actually heard that the creaters of South Park were Libertarian (thats right not Liberal but Libertarian), can anyone confirm that?
    http://reason.com/archives/2006/12/0...k-libertarians

Post imported post

It makes your whole movement look idiotic. It's pretty accurate in that respect.

Post imported post

asdf wrote:
    It makes your whole movement look idiotic. It's pretty accurate in that respect.
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Post imported post

That was a great first& last post, lol.

Post imported post

asdf wrote:

any one smell a troll?

i just got done watching the episode and thats how i found this forum.

-matt

McX

Post imported post

asdf wrote:
    obviously this individual is a well respected rocket scientist!

EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

But he raises a good point, who decides what is the 'movement' and what is its perception by the demos? The cartoonish one-dimensional aspect should not be lightly dismissed.

The movement is of a wrinkle-neck trout.

Banned

Post imported post

What a jerk.

Anyway, it will ultimately help the cause. There is no such thing as bad publicity. (Well, there is, but that wasn't it.) I notice he did a pretty straight interview, apart from one question, with the Brady guy.

The bit at the end was something of an unwarranted caricature. While this was nowhere near as bad a that whole show I suffered through a week ago, it once again validates my low opinion of The Daily Show.

Post imported post

1245A Defender wrote: That was funny. Thanks for posting it. John and Mike did a good job and I got a few good laughs out of it. "What are you people looking at? It's 2010. Get over it." The best part is when he sat down at teh table and the guy scooted away. "Oh, you're going to move over just like that?" Funny.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar

Post imported post

eye95 wrote:
    I notice he did a pretty straight interview, apart from one question, with the Brady guy.

The bit at the end was something of an unwarranted caricature. While this was nowhere near as bad a that whole show I suffered through a week ago, it once again validates my low opinion of The Daily Show.
    I can not agree. You may want to watch it again. The whole thing was mocking and making light of the movement. It was intended as entertainment and not serious journalism by any stretch.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

UMMMMM nothing on the Stewart show is serious journalism, you do know this right?

LOL....:P
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Banned

Post imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
    eye95 wrote:
    I notice he did a pretty straight interview, apart from one question, with the Brady guy.

I can not agree. You may want to watch it again. The whole thing was mocking and making light of the movement. It was intended as entertainment and not serious journalism by any stretch.
    I was referring only to the Brady interview. The interviews with our guys were quite mocking. I was trying to illustrate the bias in the two interview styles.

Banned

Post imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
    UMMMMM nothing on the Stewart show is serious journalism, you do know this right?

LOL....:P
    Unfortunately, many people consider this show to be their primary source of "news."

I know one personally. I am not impressed with his ability to evaluate.

Post imported post

The absolute stupidest thing about Brady Brat's comment is it is more about feeling unsafe than being unsafe. People get nervous or scared about what someone might do, so they ask people to CC. ???? The gun is still there!!! I would have more respect for their movement if they left irrational premises like this out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast