• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin Anti- Gun Bill's

range rat

imported post

Wisconsin Anti-Gun Bill's to be Heard this Week.:cuss:State Bill 643, and Assembly Bll914.. not good not good at all..

Anti-Gun Bills To Be Heard This Week!

As we alerted you before, two anti-gun proposals, LRB-2912 and LRB-4543 have been assigned bill numbers and referred to committees. The bill numbers are Senate Bill 643 and Assembly Bill 914. AB 914 has been scheduled for a public hearing Wednesday, April 7 at 1:05pm in the Committee on Corrections and the Courts. The Senate Judiciary Committee will then hear companion bill, SB 643, on Thursday, April 8 at 11:00am.

This is among the most drastically anti-gun legislation introduced in Wisconsin for some time. Gun control advocates refer to this legislation as a "fix" for the so-called "gun show loophole." Nevertheless, it goes far beyond point-of-sale background checks.

These proposals would.

• Require that transfers of the ownership of privately-owned firearms be conducted through a federally licensed dealer. This means if you wanted to sell your firearm to a trusted friend, you would have to conduct the transaction through an FFL and pay whatever transfer fees the dealer cared to impose.

• Go WAY beyond federal restrictions for firearm possession and impose additional prohibitions based on mere misdemeanor convictions.

• Require firearm transfer records to be sent to the Department of Justice, thereby creating a registry of these privately-owned firearms.

• Allow the Department to disclose these records for whatever "research" it deemed appropriate.
Please contact the committee members and urge them to oppose AB 914 and SB 643. Also contact your legislator and urge him or her to oppose these bills if they advance to the Assembly or Senate floor. To contact members of the Wisconsin legislature click here. Contact info for the respective committees is listed below.

Wednesday, April 7, 1:00 pm, State Capitol North Hearing Room (Second Floor)
Hearing on AB 914

Assembly Committee on Corrections and the Courts

State Representative Joe Parisi (D-48) Chair

(608) 266-5342

Rep.Parisi@legis.wisconsin.gov

State Representative Chuck Benedict (D-45) Vice-Chair

(608) 266-9967

Rep.Benedict@legis.wisconsin.gov

State Representative Donna Seidel (D-85)

(608) 266-0654

Rep.Seidel@legis.wisconsin.gov

State Representative Frederick Kessler (D-12)

(608) 266-5813

Rep.Kessler@legis.wisconsin.gov

State Representative Sondy Pope-Roberts (D-79)

(608) 266-3520

Rep.Pope-Roberts@legis.wisconsin.gov

State Representative Ted Zigmunt (D-2)

(608) 266-9870

Rep.Zigmunt@legis.wisconsin.gov

State Representative Sandy Pasch (D-22)

(608) 266-7671

Rep.Pasch@legis.wisconsin.gov

State Representative Karl Van Roy (R-90)

(608) 266-0616

Rep.VanRoy@legis.wisconsin.gov

State Representative Mark Gundrum (R-84)

(608) 267-5158

Rep.Gundrum@legis.wisconsin.gov

State Representative Steve Kestell (R-27)

(608) 266-8530

Rep.Kestell@legis.wisconsin.gov

State Representative Daniel LeMahieu (R-59)

(608) 266-9175

Rep.LeMahieu@legis.wisconsin.gov

State Representative Edward Brooks (R-50)

(608) 266-8531

Rep.Brooks@legis.wisconsin.gov

Thursday, April 8, 11:00 am, State Capitol Room 411 South
Hearing on SB 643

Senate Committee on Judiciary, Corrections, Insurance, Campaign Finance Reform, and Housing

State Senator Lena Taylor (D-4) Chair
(608) 266-5810
Sen.Taylor@legis.wisconsin.gov

State Senator Jim Sullivan (D-5) Vice-Chair
(608) 266-2512
Sen.Sullivan@legis.wisconsin.gov

State Senator Jon Erpenbach (D-27)
(608) 266-6670
Sen.Erpenbach@legis.wisconsin.gov

State Senator Glenn Grothman (R-20)
(608) 266-7513
Sen.Grothman@legis.wisconsin.gov

State Senator Randy Hopper (R-18)
(608) 266-5300
Sen.Hopper@legis.wisconsin.gov

Gordo

imported post

The very idea of this bill is unsat. I have sent some emails out to the listed reps on this as well as my own. (my state sen and rep are both supportive of our 2A rights from what I have seen and heard from them)

LOERetired

imported post

I love this part

[align=left]This bill prohibits a person from possessing a firearm also if he or she has been convicted of a “violent nonfelony offense” unless five years have passed since the conviction. A violent nonfelony offense includes misdemeanor battery, misdemeanor harassment, misdemeanor endangering safety by use of a dangerous weapon, and exposing genitals to a child; violations of a domestic abuse, child abuse, or harassment temporary restraining order or injunction; and misdemeanors for which the maximum term of imprisonment has been increased foruse of a dangerous weapon when committing the misdemeanor.[/align]
[align=left]When will they get it, BG buy guns from off the streets, so, this will not prevent the BG from getting guns. [/align]
[align=left]Unreal!!!![/align]
[align=left]Got my emails sent.....[/align]
[align=left]Don[/align]

M

McX

imported post

misdimeanor harrassment. what the hell is that, like flicking a booger on someone?

hunter9mm

imported post

McX wrote:
misdimeanor harrassment. what the hell is that, like flicking a booger on someone?

th_smiley-laughing025.gif

johnny amish

imported post

Why do you say this bill has nra sponsorship? The post you had urges us to call our reps. and oppose this bill. I recieved this same e-mail. Theirs nothing in it that suggests the nra is ok with this.

JJC

imported post

Sent E-Mails to all listed. Here's the first response:

Rep. LeMahieu will not support this legislation by Rep. Staskunas &
Senator Coggs. We are tired of the liberals trying to stomp on not only
our second amendment rights, but the Constitution as a whole. Rep.
LeMahieu is very opposed to this gun control legislation.

Thank you once again for contacting our office.

Jeff Grothman

Office of State Rep. Dan LeMahieu[/code]

BerettaFS92Custom

imported post

Rep. Staskunasand Senator Coggs and any other of these clowns NEED to be voted out.

liberals suck when they attempt to trample the Constituional rights of the free society

when up for re-election work for the better cantidate and get these libbies out of Wisconsin move them to Californication

BerettaFS92Custom

imported post

RE: AB914/SB643

Thank you for your email about these two bills. I appreciate the time you took to contact me with your thoughts.

This bill increases the offenses where someone cannot purchase a weapon to non felony violent offenses. I am a strong believer in the people's 2nd amendment right and this bill would take those rights away from people where a right arms had nothing to do with the offense. I do not support this bill.

Again, thank you for your email. If you have any questions about this issue or any other please do not hesitate to contact my office.

Sincerely,

Keith Ripp

Wisconsin State Representative

47th Assembly District

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

BerettaFS92Custom wrote:
This bill increases the offenses where someone cannot purchase a weapon to non felony violent offenses. I am a strong believer in the people's 2nd amendment right and this bill would take those rights away from people where a right arms had nothing to do with the offense. I do not support this bill.
That string of almost sentences should alone disqualify the author from public office. It should lose its HS diploma.

BerettaFS92Custom

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
BerettaFS92Custom wrote:
That string of almost sentences should alone disqualify the author from public office. It should lose its HS diploma.
well doug we can not all be as articulate as you. but the bottom line is that Represenative Ripp is in our corner. i give a rats butt how the verbage comes across but then you are quite the anal one :cool:

M

McX

imported post

well i'll be damned, reprsentatives with spines, i wasn't ready for that.

Teej

imported post

range rat wrote:
Have you ever heard of a group called, American Hunters and Shooters Association??
Yeah. Kinda like the Holy Roman Empire. 3 lies for the price of one.

KansasKraut

imported post

McX wrote:
well i'll be damned, reprsentatives with spines, i wasn't ready for that.
Yeah, nor was I. Unequivocal answers from elected officials make me blink. I guess they only get truly slimy at the national level. I'm glad that honesty and forthrightness at the local level still exist. Now if only they'd be more strident on 10th Amendment supremacy issues more often... :?