• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

night sights for Glock?

TylerJ87

imported post

I am looking for suggestions of night sights for my glock 19

I just picked up my CPL today and since I am going to be carrying a lot from now on I want to be prepared

G

imported post

I am on my second set of Trijicon sights on my G17.

I also have Trijicons on my HK USP.

I have Meprolights, that come stock, on a couple of other pistols. I prefer the Trijicons. I plan on replacing them with Trijicons.

Turn around time, including shipping time, is about a week. Only need to send them the slide.

Michigander

imported post

XS Express sights, in my opinion, are the very best combat sights on the market.

GLOCK-0308-14-A.jpg

Zukirider

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:

I have Meprolights, that come stock, on a couple of other pistols. I prefer the Trijicons. I plan on replacing them with Trijicons.

Turn around time, including shipping time, is about a week. Only need to send them the slide.
HAHA a week good luck with that i just had mine in there about 6 weeks ago took over 3 weeks to get mine back and i shipped it to them overnight and prepaid

Bronson

imported post

Michigander wrote:
XS Express sights, in my opinion, are the very best combat sights on the market.

GLOCK-0308-14-A.jpg

I have been seriously looking into the XS Big Dot sights after shooting a friends pistol that had them. When I practice close range,self-defense type, pointshooting I typically focus on the target and when my peripheral vision picks up the front sight between me and the target I fire. The XS sights work very well for that because that front sight looks like a golf ball sitting on top of your slide :D

Bronson

Michigander

imported post

My understanding is that they are the system that old African big game rifles used, because of the need for both accuracy and speed.

It eliminates a lot of need to carefully line the sights up for well aimed shots. They basically allow for point shooting with the use of the sights, but also allow for really good accuracy. I have a very hard time understanding why they aren't more popular.

G

imported post

Zukirider wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:

HAHA a week good luck with that i just had mine in there about 6 weeks ago took over 3 weeks to get mine back and i shipped it to them overnight and prepaid
As previously stated, I just had my G17 and USP40 done. It was actually 8 days from drop off at UPS to return receipt via UPS. Regular UPS ground both ways.

sevenplusone

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
Im still irritated with trijicon about chickening out on the whole Bible verses serial numbers thing, so Ill be going with Meprolight on the XD.

I am not upset with them, if it was up to them they would continue to make them the way they had been, but you can't hold it against a company that is just trying to survive. The government contract was going to be pulled, and I can't prove it but I'm guessing that the government contract was for a heck of a lot more ACOGs than the civilian market purchases.

Trijicon is a good company and they make some of the best products on the market.