Thread: O.C. in Utah, New Mexico, and Arizona

Post imported post

I'm a photographer residing in Colorado. Wearean open carry state, but am planning a trip soon to the four corners area to include Ar., New Me., and Ut. When I'm in the mountains of Co., I have my revolver on my hip at all times(Ruger Redhawk 44 Mag.).I plan on taking it w/on the trip to the four corners, so will I be ok. to bring it? Do I need to leave 2 open chambers? I've seen nothing that deals w/revolvers, only semi's.

Post imported post

In UT with no permit, yes 2 actions away from firing.

DA revolver would be the cylinder inline with the hammer and the next in line.

SA revolver would just be the cylinder inline with the hammer.
    Step one Pull hammer
    Step two Pull trigger

76-10-502. When weapon deemed loaded.
    (1) For the purpose of this chapter, any pistol, revolver, shotgun, rifle, or other weapon described in this part shall be deemed to be loaded when there is an unexpended cartridge, shell, or projectile in the firing position.
    (2) Pistols and revolvers shall also be deemed to be loaded when an unexpended cartridge, shell, or projectile is in a position whereby the manual operation of any mechanism once would cause the unexpended cartridge, shell, or projectile to be fired.
    (3) A muzzle loading firearm shall be deemed to be loaded when it is capped or primed and has a powder charge and ball or shot in the barrel or cylinders.

Post imported post

Thanks for the info. on Utah. Anyone have similar or different info for Arizona and New Mexico?

Post imported post

The Four Corners itself is on Navajo land. BE CAREFUL THERE. Don't go anywhere off the main roads carrying a firearm on Indian land, especially OC. State law applies on the state and federal highways in Indian country. Otherwise, Utah, Arizona, and New Mexico are probably the friendliest carry states in the country. Though you must be CCing when eating at an alcoholic establishment, and New Mexico is pretty strict about carry with alcohol in a store or restaurant. Look those laws up before traveling.