• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tea Party in Moscow, ID - OC welcome

kimberfella616

imported post

Here is a faacebook exchange with Jeff Williams, the organizer for the local Tea Party events here in Moscow.

jeff,

i and several other moscow residents would like to open carry at the tea
party on the 15th. is this something that is being discouraged or would
be ok to do so? we know that we cannot be prevented from exercising our
rights in a public place such as friendship square, but we also don't
want to create any kind of a hostile atmosphere as that would NOT be our
intention.

--and his reply--

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free
State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be
infringed."

As long as you are law abiding citizens, I see no problem with it. It
would be the utter height of hypocrisy to stand for individual rights
and ask you to not exercise them.

We hope to see you guys there. I know there will definitely be some of us there OC'ing. We plan on having some pamphlets made to hand out to folks that are unaware of OC and its legality. I was thinking of going to the copy shop and getting some made up to hand out to folks. If you would like to donate a few bucks (or if you own or run a copy shop and would like to donate your time and services) so we can get some more pamphlets made up then send me a message. I am going to put as much money towards this as my Wife (and funds) will allow, probably $20.

More information can be found here: http://www.palouselibertyproject.com/libertyrally.php

Hope to see y'all there!

KF

kimberfella616

imported post

Sweet. I'll be there rocking my Glock.

It definitely looks like we are going to have some good weather. Possibly wearing some shorts.

:celebrate

KF

kimberfella616

imported post

It was nice to see a lot of you out there yesterday. We met several guys that were OC'ing that had not heard of the forums. It was a pleasant time and it was nice to see freedom-minded individuals.

PS - It was also nice to see the UC LEO's keeping a watchful eye on us, the armed citizenry.

KF

idahoguy84

imported post

too nice a day for jeans and the tactical leg holster - but the LCP .380 worked well with shorts

what would you guys thinks of hosting an OC rally in Friendship Square sometime? We could make up 2nd Amendment signs, set up a table, hand out flyers detailing Idaho gun law, and let people know about the opencarry.org forum.