• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Champion Arms - The Aftermath

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

As many of you know, I took a new shooter to Champion Arms a couple of weekends ago.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/41026.html

She was scared to death of guns when she got there, but managed to overcome that fear enough to fire nearly a box of .380 and a bunch of .22 from my EB10/22.

Well, she surprised me tonight at work by asking how soon we can go again. This time she wants to try out my .45!

Victory is SWEET!:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

March Hare

imported post

Congratulations on the convert! :lol:

My wife was the same, scared of guns, until she shot my .22, then the .380, the 9mm and so on.

Now, she has laid claim to my favorite CZ83! :banghead:

A monster indeed, what have we done?!?!?!?

Keep up the good work!

-MH

dan10mmman

imported post

I remember her. She was so scared she watched from the lobby for a long time, jumping at every shot fired. Your patience paid off she was smiling like She had never had more fun. On her way out she said she would be back. Yes create more monsters. less victims that way........Dan

jbone

imported post

Bookman wrote:
Victory is SWEET!:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
Are you referring to getting asked out on asecond date?;)

centermass

imported post

Took my girlfriend shooting 2 weeks ago for first time. she loves the walther p22 but says the XD 40 is too much. She also asked when we can go again, thinking of having her try out 380

midiwall

imported post

I'll chime in...

I'm taking a buddy's wife out on Sunday. He grew up around guns, is non-active Navy, but shifted away from guns after he got out.

She asked me to walk her through it all, so I went to their house last night and basically did the NRA basic handgun course on the fly, with the shooting portion delayed until Sunday.

I have no doubt she'll do fine, and told my buddy to hide the Visa card. :)

I love introducing new shooters!

sudden valley gunner

imported post

She's only a monster to corrupt government officials and anti-gunners.

In my opinion you have created another responsible U.S. citizens, congratulations and keep it up.:D

March Hare

imported post

I love teaching new shooters!
She not only claimed my CZ, she's looking at Concealed Carry and shooting classes!
:shock:

I'm keeping my 1911 hidden from her, if she wants that, there may be some grumpiness on my part...

Well, it's good to have someone watch my back!

Manu

imported post

Hey John, I tried to get hold you at your work but unfortunately I was checking there all the wrong times. Anyways your loss cuz I gave that banana walnut bread to my barista. ;). So which girl you took to shooting? I'll try to stopby at your work next week and I'll make sure i am going there after 11 pm

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Manu wrote:
Hey John, I tried to get hold you at your work but unfortunately I was checking there all the wrong times. Anyways your loss cuz I gave that banana walnut bread to my barista. ;). So which girl you took to shooting? I'll try to stopby at your work next week and I'll make sure i am going there after 11 pm

Hey Manu! I'm sorry I missed you, and not just because of the banana nut bread (Good choice. I LOVE that stuff!).

Yeah, I don't come on duty until 11pm, so that's the best time to catch me. I look forward to seeing you again.

Manu

imported post

Yes glad to know that I am still alive:celebrate. Nice to be on this forum again but between jobs and studies I do not get much time to get online. But for sure I'll be in touch:)

midiwall

imported post

midiwall wrote:
I'll chime in...

I'm taking a buddy's wife out on Sunday. He grew up around guns, is non-active Navy, but shifted away from guns after he got out.

She asked me to walk her through it all, so I went to their house last night and basically did the NRA basic handgun course on the fly, with the shooting portion delayed until Sunday.

fwiw... SKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

She's hooked. :)

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
imported post

midiwall wrote:
midiwall wrote:
I'll chime in...

fwiw... SKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

She's hooked. :)

THAT, my friend, is too cool!:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

oneeyeross

imported post

March Hare wrote:
Congratulations on the convert! :lol:

My wife was the same, scared of guns, until she shot my .22, then the .380, the 9mm and so on.

Now, she has laid claim to my favorite CZ83! :banghead:

A monster indeed, what have we done?!?!?!?

Keep up the good work!

-MH
Buy her a CZ82 in 9X18. You can get one for around 200...then have a .380 barrel put in for her. That way, you get an 83 for less than what an 83 would have cost you... Or just leave it in 9x18 (which I have) and enjoy.