• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Detail Cleaning a Glock?

kyleplusitunes

imported post

As per topic, I am looking for information on how often I need to DETAIL CLEAN my glock 27.

Before I learned the proper cleaning procedure for my glock, I apparently thought it was a good idea to lube my firing pin housing (if that's the proper name for the area inside the slide that the firing pin mechanism is contained in) I found out later this is NOT GOOD for the mechanism, or the gun.

Should I detail clean it now? Have it professionally detail cleaned?

If it is something I can do myself, anyone have a link of a how to video?

Zukirider

imported post

call me old fashion but i clean my gun every time i shoot it, and that is a deep clean not just a wipe down but hey thats just me i want mine to go bang every time i pulll the trigger

SpringerXDacp

imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
As per topic, I am looking for information on how often I need to DETAIL CLEAN my glock 27.

Before I learned the proper cleaning procedure for my glock, I apparently thought it was a good idea to lube my firing pin housing (if that's the proper name for the area inside the slide that the firing pin mechanism is contained in) I found out later this is NOT GOOD for the mechanism, or the gun.

Should I detail clean it now? Have it professionally detail cleaned?

If it is something I can do myself, anyone have a link of a how to video?

Glock Armorers Guide willaddress all your questions and concerns and there are countless youtubes available for Glock field and detail stripping of the slide and receiver:

http://www.stevespages.com/pdf/glock_armorers_manual_update.pdf

Zukirider

imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
And when you get really good, you can clean it while shooting it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24QgpMt_7pE
i like the part when he says he already check the gun for safety and then a round falls out, not to mention let me look down the barrel first then do the "pencil test" LOL what a freaking idiot, even if i was supposed to be a joke guns arent funny

marshaul

Campaign Veteran