• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wikileaks Apache Video

Streetbikerr6

imported post

I apologize if this takes bandwidth although I think this merits discussion here.

A lot of the comments in youtube are of people saying this was entirely murder..etc etc. Although I have to disagree to a certain extent.

Lets put this in context. This was in Baghdad which was a heavy combat zone at the time. Apaches are called in by ground troops. They don't just fly around wasting fuel looking for trouble. There were reports of AK-47 fire so this apache was called in to protect our ground troops nearby.

Now if one were to watch this video with NO PRIOR KNOWLEDGE of the 2 cameramen than I think everyone could easily assume every one of those individuals had weapons instead of the 2 with cameras.

At 3:40 there are 4 men, one looks to have an AK-47 and another looks to have an RPG (possible another camera and a tripod). These 4 men are different from the 2 confirmed cameramen seen 10 seconds prior walking in front.

At 4:10 there is an individual peeking around a corner with what looks to be a rifle/rpg and then points it at the apache at the last second (possibly a camera taking a picure).

The rules of engagement are met, these men are in a combat zone with weapons, they are cleared to fire which they do so. Nothing out of the ordinary in my view, it is sad 2 cameramen are caught in the cross fire although this is what they expect when walking with insurgents. They know the U.S. will still fire on a group of 50 insurgents if there is 1 unarmed cameraman in the group. They know their risk walking with insurgents in a combat zone. These reporters are brave.

However, the Rules of Engagement do not apply to the second shooting on the van in my view. No weapons were in view. This was definitely a type 2 ROE error in my view. Very sad and shameful. Although I am tired of liberals thinking the first shooting was unjust. They have a biased view sitting in their nice comfy homes eating snicker-doodles having pre-knowledge of 2 men holding cameras which look like guns. It is disgusting to hear them slander the military. War is not pretty. Freedom is not free. There will always be casualties. I have spoken with my marine friends and they share the same view.

What are your thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rXPrfnU3G0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d3SHumK2UY

Army

imported post

Nothing but more lies and BS from the anti-America terrorist enablers. Play with pigs, you're gonna get muddy.

Get out of the way, or die. It's really very simple.

Army

imported post

Nothing but more lies and BS from the anti-America terrorist enablers. Play with pigs, you're gonna get muddy.

Army

imported post

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I will refrain from commenting, other than to say it is a sad tragedy when non-combatants are killed, especially children.

And while I think this is an important discussion for Americans to have, I do not think that it is one that should be in this particular forum.

This is not about open carry in California. I think this discussion here in this forum will be counter-productive.

Ca Patriot

imported post

The media calls those on the video who were targeted as "civilians". However, ALL of the enemy forces in Iraq and Afghanistan are civilains.

Since the enemy in those countries are too cowardly to put on a uniform and fight like men, then they are all civilians. They are not operating under any government.

Every single engagement between US forces and enemy forces occurs with people in civilain clothes. US forces take fire from people in civilian clothes everyday.

Ca Patriot

imported post

And, Reuters is a well known anti-America propaganda machine. Why did they have "reporters" with the terrorists ? In war you cant sit on the sidelines. These "reporters" thought they could hang out with terrorists and get a good story like pictures of dead Americans but instead they got some hot lead flung in their face.

Ca Patriot

imported post

Watch the first video....at 4:08 there is a man crouching down behind a building with what appears to be a tubular device, very similiar to an RPG, and he is wacthing the helicopter and appears to be hiding. To any Apache pilot or military in a war zone this is enemy behavior.

dirtykoala

imported post

http://barenakedislam.wordpress.com...e-rules-of-engagement-are-killing-our-troops/

Obama is a really nice guy, so he set some new ROEs, troops can't fire unless they see a weapon. Sounds fair, why would you kill someone that isn't holding a weapon?
Terrorists aren't stupid. Terrorists have placed weapons throughout towns that they know troops will travel through and they walk in rotations from weapons cashe to weapons cashe. The terrorists pick up a gun, fire a few shots, then drop the weapon and blend into the crowd, then walk to the next cashe and repeat step one. Troops constantly get shot and and can't return fire because no one is holding a gun.

We might as well be over there holding flowers and lolipops, they are just as effective as our rifles are allowed to be.

bad_ace

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

From someone that's had two tours in Iraq, this hurts my heart. I've been on both sides of this. One side, a first wave troop given orders to "shoot anything that makes you feel threatened" and "if they're out after curfew, they're terrorists". The other side, a spec ops soldier dressed in civilian clothes to blend in, driving around town and almost getting shot because of a trigger happy "regular-army" type.

There are a lot of layers here, none of which should be peeled back for discussion on an Open Carry forum. At best I think there is a General Discussions Page for this type of stuff.