• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Preemption signed by governor

Thoreau

imported post

http://www.azcentral.com/news/election/azelections/articles/2010/04/05/20100405arizona-gun-rights-bill-governor-signs.html#reply19745038

So, now that it's signed, when can I send a letter off to the McDowell Sonoran Preserve letting them know that I will no longer be awaiting their 'determination' on the legality of their No Firearms signs? IE: When does the law officially kick in?

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/hb2543p.pdf

Page 2, line 23 through page 3 line 17 = somewhat erotic after trying to deal with the Preserve on this issue since last September.

Thoreau

imported post

Methinks I just answered my own question by browsing the AZCDL Facebook page:

"HB2347, firearms preemption, and HB2307, "firearms freedom act" were signed into law today by Governor Brewer. Laws become effectvie 90 days after the legislature adjourns for the session (sine die) - we anticipate the laws to be effective sometime in late July."

brokenbarrel

imported post

Thoreau wrote:
Methinks I just answered my own question by browsing the AZCDL Facebook page:

"HB2347, firearms preemption, and HB2307, "firearms freedom act" were signed into law today by Governor Brewer. Laws become effectvie 90 days after the legislature adjourns for the session (sine die) - we anticipate the laws to be effective sometime in late July."
hb2347-this is INCORRECT,hb2347 is the constitutional carry bill and has yet to have a third read...Check before you post please...