• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The New American - Starbucks Sticks With Second Amendment

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/constitution/3254-starbucks-sticks-with-second-amendment

SNIP

Starbucks Sticks With Second Amendment

Written by James Heiser

Tuesday, 06 April 2010 09:22

[align=left]As reported previously, Starbucks has found itself enmeshed in the struggle between activists who are attempting to deprive Americans of their Second Amendment liberties, and those who are trying to uphold those constitutionally guaranteed rights.[/align]
The controversy erupted when “open carry”advocates began using Starbucks franchises as the location for meetings. As the Wall Street Journal reported over a month ago,

The "open carry" movement, in which gun owners carry unconcealed handguns as they go about their everyday business, is loosely organized around the country but has been gaining traction in recent months. Gun-control advocates have been pushing to quash the movement, including by petitioning the Starbucks coffee chain to ban guns on its premises.
. . .

PT 840

imported post

Kudos to Starbucks I'm glad that they are doing that Maby this Starbucks will not have a incident like in Lakewood Wash.

If someone had a gun in that coffee shop maby a few of these Officers would still be alive today

I am glad see that they are exercising there 2nd Amendment right to carry openly people In Oregon needs to step up and start exercising there right to carry

Agun friendlyStarbucks is a happy Starbucks:celebrateI am all for open carry IF you know how and when to pull it.