• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Event April 25th Back Cove Portland, Maine RSVP

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Hightower207 wrote:
TOTAL.................................18............................12 + Many and3 Dogs
Yep - I think this has definitely become a 1st Amendment (no fee) picnic.

The 1st & 2nd Amendments are inseparable aren't they? :cool:

Yata hey

bullyforyou

imported post

hey folks! joined up just to give you all a head-up. as a ME resident who has been open-carrying every day for the last 10 years, i've been keeping an eye on this thread. i've also cross-posted in another forum. it looks like i'll be stopping by with a small handfull of others (myself, two or three friends).

hope to meet everyone sunday!:celebrate

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

bullyforyou wrote:
hey folks! joined up just to give you all a head-up. as a ME resident who has been open-carrying every day for the last 10 years, i've been keeping an eye on this thread. i've also cross-posted in another forum. it looks like i'll be stopping by with a small handfull of others (myself, two or three friends).

OCing every day for 10 years is an impressive record - that goes back about double the age of OCDO. The only people I know with this kind of OC record are LEO or security - is this your status?

Where have you OCd and what do you carry?

[line]Open letter to all new posters - please modify your profile to let others know where you live and then give them an idea of who and what you are.

Yata hey

bullyforyou

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
bullyforyou wrote:

OCing every day for 10 years is an impressive record - that goes back about double the age of OCDO. The only people I know with this kind of OC record are LEO or security - is this your status?

nope. just a regular guy here... (i'll admit that "every day" is a little bit of a streach, but i've probably only missed a handfull of days total)i spend many years down in CT and was accutely aware of what happens when folks trade rights for priveleges (permitted CC only there, you accidentally "print" they'll revoke your permit, and then you can't even buy newpistols because you need a CCW permit to do so...)

the ability to open carry was near the top of my list when i finally had enough of CT, along with no rediculous "assault weapon" bans, or registration schemes. anyhow, my family is originally from ME, so moving back was an easy choice.

as far as where...? everywhere i've been in this state. from presque isle to portland. i live out in limington, so interactions with LE have been limited (we don't have a police department, county sheriff only), but always positive. they usually just ask me what my "sidearm" is, and we end up bull@#$%ting guns at the gaspump (or wherever) after that.

i've had tons of positive interactions because of it, and there is a small crew of guys out my way that open carry on a daily basis because of me; most people just never consider that it is legal, and that's unfortunate.

as far as what i carry. XD 9's, warrior, desert warrior, 75B,and glocks. though, in the last few years all of my shooting and training (i'm a little bit of a training junkie, and i take classes anytime i have the money and time to do so)has been with my glocks, so i've standardized most of my pistols to 17's or 19's, and that's what gets carried.

my folks live on sebago lake which, as you all know, is hot-spot for tourists from liberal anti-gun states. the few negative interactions i've ever had (and i could count them on one hand) were all from chubby red-faced moms on vacation from MA or NY.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

bullyforyou wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
bullyforyou wrote:

nope. just a regular guy here... (i'll admit that "every day" is a little bit of a streach, but i've probably only missed a handfull of days total)i spend many years down in CT and was accutely aware of what happens when folks trade rights for priveleges (permitted CC only there, you accidentally "print" they'll revoke your permit, and then you can't even buy newpistols because you need a CCW permit to do so...)

the ability to open carry was near the top of my list when i finally had enough of CT, along with no rediculous "assault weapon" bans, or registration schemes. anyhow, my family is originally from ME, so moving back was an easy choice.

as far as where...? everywhere i've been in this state. from presque isle to portland. i live out in limington, so interactions with LE have been limited (we don't have a police department, county sheriff only), but always positive. they usually just ask me what my "sidearm" is, and we end up bull@#$%ting guns at the gaspump (or wherever) after that.

i've had tons of positive interactions because of it, and there is a small crew of guys out my way that open carry on a daily basis because of me; most people just never consider that it is legal, and that's unfortunate.

as far as what i carry. XD 9's, warrior, desert warrior, 75B,and glocks. though, in the last few years all of my shooting and training (i'm a little bit of a training junkie, and i take classes anytime i have the money and time to do so)has been with my glocks, so i've standardized most of my pistols to 17's or 19's, and that's what gets carried.

my folks live on sebago lake which, as you all know, is hot-spot for tourists from liberal anti-gun states. the few negative interactions i've ever had (and i could count them on one hand) were all from chubby red-faced moms on vacation from MA or NY.
Best darn introduction I've seen in years. :)

Yata hey

Panzer

imported post

Hello, You can count on me and my father to be there. And maybe a neighbor. I'm coming over from NH.I have been open carrying and cc for years.My father is a lifelong Mainer and he gave me the heads up about this. Do you need us to bring anything ?