• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Snohomish County councilman misrepresents law to push anti-gun agenda

Dave Workman

imported post

Snohomish County councilman misrepresents law to push anti-gun agenda

"The other day – April Fool’s Day, in fact – Gossett was quoted by the Everett Herald, offering the following argument in his contention that the state’s model preemption statute, which places sole authority for firearms regulation in the hands of the State Legislature, needs to be amended:

“For myself, he told the newspaper, “I’m really uncomfortable about giving a blank check to folks to bring whatever firearms they want to county parks. Under the state, the way the law is written, you could get a group of gang-bangers with AK-47s and shotguns just intimidate everybody by being there.”

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m4d6-Snohomish-County-councilman-misrepresents-law-to-push-antigun-agenda

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/ycku46e

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

For those that show up to testify at the Council Meeting, may I recommend that how important to get your point across by not only speaking but submitting a written document to ensure you get all your information on record.

Sometimes it is difficult to get all the info in just 3 minutes in verbal testimony.

Dave you are 100% right on the ball it is just fear mongering and he is welcome to try and change the law in the State level through the right channels not in City or County Ordinances.

Tomas

imported post

BigDave wrote:
Dave you are 100% right on the ball it is just fear mongering and he is welcome to try and change the law in the State level through the right channels not in City or County Ordinances.
Like my old Msgt used to say: "If you don't like the rules, work to get them changed, but until they are, follow them."

amzbrady

imported post

Amazing how many of the councilmen oppose the constitution that was writting by the same guys who set up a system that they are now employed by. What is even more amazing is the fact thay forget who they work for, ( me thinks that would be you and I ).

Lammo

imported post

Gilead_Gunslinger wrote:
If only we could put all these folks on abig, leaky boat and send them to Cuba.... seems

only fair to return the favor after all the years of human floatsam we've gotten from

them....

: p
That or send them to Guam and see if they capsize it. :)

jbone

imported post

Council passed this motion today 3-1, Councilmen Koster of course was the no vote. So watch for this at the Capital.

Dave Workman

imported post

jbone wrote:
Council passed this motion today 3-1, Councilmen Koster of course was the no vote. So watch for this at the Capital.

Beat this thing to the Legislature on Saturday.

Send a message that this better be DOA.

I'll probably write about this Thursday.

HOWEVER, when I checked the Everett Herald, it also reported this:

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20...=1#Code.changed.to.allow.guns.in.county.parks

So let's tell a whole story from now on, eh?

EVERETT — Snohomish County Council members changed county code today to allow guns in parks, but a majority of the council also passed a motion asking state lawmakers to give local governments more authority to enact gun restrictions at municipal facilities.

The code change passed 4-0. It is intended to bring Snohomish County into compliance with state law, which spells out a list of places where guns may be restricted. State law prohibits firearms in courthouses, parts of commercial airports and drinking establishments.

jbone

imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
jbone wrote:

SNIP: HOWEVER, when I checked the Everett Herald, it also reported this:

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20100421/NEWS01/704219657&news01ad=1#Code.changed.to.allow.guns.in.county.parks

So let's tell a whole story from now on, eh?
Not sure what is meant here? or did you not check soon enough, eh?! or speak to soon eh?

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/42767.html

jbone

imported post

Dave Workman wrote:

What's needed to accomplish this? Letters to out Rep's?

Dave Workman

imported post

jbone wrote:
Dave Workman wrote:

What's needed to accomplish this? Letters to out Rep's?

Well, first a good showing at the Olympia rally Saturday will demonstrate that gun owners are not a bunch of fat-asses around here, and that they're serious about protecting their gun rights.

Next be sure to identify who your state rep is. If it's somebody we don't like, make damn sure to vote against them and get rid of 'em in November and replace them with somebody we do like.