• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Norco Saturday April 17 2010.

Ranchero

imported post

First meet up in Norco, If you are attending raise your hand.

http://www.ci.norco.ca.us/depts/parks_recreation_n_community_services/special_events/equestrian_events_n_rodeos.asp

Parade starts at 10:00AM, on April 17, 6th. St gets closed at around 8AM. If you are coming after 8AM,......Off the 15 freeway, exit 6th. St. East, Right on Sierra, Left on 5th. St. Left on Temescal, go all the way to the corner and enter the last parking lot, If youshow up a little late, you may have to park on the street, just don'tpark on horse trails or drive over the speed limit in Norco.

This is where we are meeting. http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Norco&state=CA&address=960+6th+St&zipcode=92860-1472&country=US&latitude=33.93841&longitude=-117.5423&geocode=ADDRESS At the Boot Barn parking lot. http://www.BootBarn.com

After Watching the parade, we can enjoy a "Rodeo Burger" or Starbucks.

http://www.NorcoOpenCarry.org

Let me know who's attending.

Rich Keagy

imported post

I'm in Riverside (close). I'll be there.
+1 on not parking in horse trails. For those unfamiliar with the area, these are where you'd expect to find sidewalks.
Norco is rural and Norconians are proud of their horse trails.
Norco tows.

Ranchero

imported post

Hey Rich, let's put this thing "ON HOLD" for now, I have to relocate, I am finding out that the little churches in town are also schools, some K-12 and some K-8. Are they considered also GFSZ? I know we can just move a block or two and be fine. The original location is OK but "New Life Christian School" is about 1,000 ft. from the liquore store in the shopping center (As the crow flys). We can be fine but kind of risky. I will drive around a little more and make more phone calls in the next day or two. Poeple participating in the parade open carry (Cowboys, indians, military etc.). But I just don't want to take any chances and get any of you or me in trouble.

Rich Keagy

imported post

Understood.
Do you ever run into Norco Sheriffs? Maybe you could ask one of them.
I'm not sure whether school zones are school zones after hours and on weekends.
By the way, ahem, I was the Health Inspector in Norco many years ago. I'm anxious to visit soon.
Keep me posted.

Gundude

imported post

Rich Keagy wrote:
Understood.
By the way, ahem, I was the Health Inspector in Norco many years ago. I'm anxious to visit soon.
Keep me posted.
I would hesitate to ask the LEO's. Many don't know the laws they are supposed to enforce.

unknownsailor

imported post

I bet my mom will be at the parade parking cars with ETP. I should probably tell her about the open carry peeps that are going to be there.

Decoligny

imported post

Rich Keagy wrote:
Understood.
Keep me posted.

School Zones are School Zones 24/7/365.

Some people confuse "Safe School Zone" from PC 626 (has time limits) with "Gun Free School Zone" from PC 626.9 (no time limits), when they are completely unconnected.

Rich Keagy

imported post

Any problems with the local police force?
My wife roped me into some honey-do chores around the house so I couldn't go.
Sorry I wasn't there.
I'll pick up your range fees next time you shoot at Riverside Magnum Range. Just give me a holler next time you go.