Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hwy 67 Open Carry Adopt-A-Highway Litter Cleanup - Saturday, May 15th

Post imported post

OpenCarry.org Adopt-A-Highway Clean Up
    Saturday, May 15th 10 a.m. sharp.

It's time once again!

Cancel your wedding plans, anniversaries, bar mitzvahs, appendix surgeries and whatever else you had planned because it's time to pick up garbage on the side of the road...

..open carry style, of course.

Our stretch of highway is located on Highway 67, north of Eagle, south of Dousman between highways C and D

I have supplies for 20+ people and I will be happy to get more if need be.

A few things to consider bringing to the clean-up would be:
    Gloves (These are a must!)
    Trash Poker (Build your own, they come in handy if you don't like constantly bending over)
    Water
    Pants
    Suntan lotion
    Bug Spray
    Folding chair (If you plan to stick around after)
    Gun (optional (not for shooting trash))

Be sure to watch the Adopt-A-Highway Safety Training Video if you haven't done so already:
    http://media1.wi.gov/DOT/Viewer/View...layerType=WM7#

Who's in?

Post imported post

It's not a drill weekend, so I will be there. And I'll drag my husband (Sajuuk) along with me.... 8)

If we want to get a cook-out type thing going, I'll be up for bringing some food, just let me know how many are gonna stick around afterward.

Post imported post

I can be there and perhaps bring one other open carry friend.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Post imported post

I live less than 2 miles from that stretch of road. You can even see my road on that map! I will be there! Maybe we can come out to my place after and cook some food and maybe shoot some rounds on my range!

Post imported post

boostintalon96 wrote:
    I live less than 2 miles from that stretch of road. You can even see my road on that map! I will be there! Maybe we can come out to my place after and cook some food and maybe shoot some rounds on my range!
    We have been waiting for a person like you, that lives in the area. I think you might have just become our new best friend.

:celebrate

Post imported post

NO PROBLEM... I am Josh everybody and I am probably the newest member of WI carry! Come shoot some **** with me! LOL

Post imported post

Hey just lettin everyone know I will definitely be at this litter clean up. This road is just a couple miles from where I live and I drive it pretty regularly on my way to Mcmiller's. Boostin Talon we are practically neighbors I live between Hwy D and Cty E just North of North Prairie. Maybe just on the other side of the KM as you? anyway Id be game to grill up some brats and such afterwards.
    I like GUNS

Post imported post

Did you go to KM? Or muktown? I graduated from KM in 02. I go thru that area that you live very frequently!

Post imported post

I graduated from mukwonago in 06. I actually almost went to KM for a year because my house was right by the dividing line. I saw in another post you made that you have a range of some kind. whats it like?
    I like GUNS

Post imported post

My mother owns 9 acres out here. Last year I built a big dirt birm with the skid loader to shoot into.. Its about 5 ft high and there aint a bullet shy of a .50bmg that is going thru it! Its nice cuz we can shoot our handguns at 20 yds then back off a few hundred and do some real shooting with our rifles. I will let you know when we shoot next if you wanna come out. BTW, my name is Josh!

It would be no problem for us to use my place as a meetin place or a place to cook up some food for the Clean up tho...

Post imported post

boostintalon96 wrote:
    My mother owns 9 acres out here. Last year I built a big dirt birm with the skid loader to shoot into.. Its about 5 ft high and there aint a bullet shy of a .50bmg that is going thru it! Its nice cuz we can shoot our handguns at 20 yds then back off a few hundred and do some real shooting with our rifles. I will let you know when we shoot next if you wanna come out. BTW, my name is Josh!

It would be no problem for us to use my place as a meetin place or a place to cook up some food for the Clean up tho...
    sounds pretty cool josh, my name is Jason. Im serious about meeting up sometime to carry in Delafield... it looks like ocmyxd wants in too! both you guys should pm me and we can figure out a good day. thanks for the invite to come out and shoot it sounds like fun, do you ever shoot water jugs or paint cans etc?
    I like GUNS

Post imported post

Is anyone else concerned about the stretch of state owned land we plan to clean up? not really positive if it is State Park or not.
    I like GUNS

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

They cleaned it up three times last year. The land is not a state park, though. Maybe state owned, but there are no laws against carrying on state owned land, just state parks.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - "A wise man's heart inclines him to the right, but the fool's heart to the left."

Post imported post

pvtschultz wrote:
    They cleaned it up three times last year. The land is not a state park, though. Maybe state owned, but there are no laws against carrying on state owned land, just state parks.
    right on, looking forward to it

I like GUNS

Post imported post

Actually the parts illustrated on the map that we clean up doesn't even include any state land. Where it stops on Hwy 67 & CI is the actuall begining of the state land. And it's a state forest and not a state park so it's all good!

Post imported post

I'm in again for this year as well.

Post imported post

I will be there!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

ROOK_WI wrote:
    I'm in again for this year as well.
    Ahmen same here!!! wow..... I lost a75 pounds since that pic, LMAO. Carry n cookout sounds good!

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc.'s Avatar

Post imported post

We have added this event to the Wisconsin Carry, Inc. events page.

http://www.wisconsincarry.org/events.html

Hubert Hoffman, Vice President
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    P.O. Box 270403
    Milwaukee, WI. 53227
    Hubert@wisconsincarry.org
    608-792-0669
    http://www.wisconsincarry.org
    Disclaimer: Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Post imported post

boostintalon96 wrote:
    Actually the parts illustrated on the map that we clean up doesn't even include any state land. Where it stops on Hwy 67 & CI is the actuall begining of the state land. And it's a state forest and not a state park so it's all good!
    Hey guys, I got this from my 09 and 2010 small game hunting regulations booklet. Again I am not sure if the golf course is considered state forest or not... anyway here it goes

" It is Illegal to possess any loaded or uncased firearm or air gun while within the exterior boundaries of any state owned lands posted with department signs in Dane, Dodge, Fond Du lac, Jefferson, Juneua, Kenosha, Lacrosse, Milwaukee, Ootuagamie, Ozaukee, Racine, Sauk, Sheboygan, Walworth,Washington, Waukesha, and Winnebago counties or on state forest lands in the KETTLE MORAINE or point beach state forests or state recreation areas, except as follows,

1.while engaged in hunting in accordance with the open seasons listed on pgs 10-17
    2.while shooting at an established target range.
    3.while training or trialing dogs under department license
    I like GUNS

Post imported post

Well I would think the golf coarse is privately owned but I don't know for sure.

Post imported post

Don't worry, we never enter any State Park at all. Again, this will be our second year, all is good. The cops are fine with us. Don't worry. You'll see, it's a fun time.

Aaron

Post imported post

Im sure you guys are right about the pickup being fine and all but it seems that a lot of users on here think that carrying is only banned in state parks, but its also banned on state forest land and any land with dnr signs in the counties I listed before
    I like GUNS

Post imported post

will there be more of these this year ? I would love to help out but il be in kentucky that weekend for a friends wedding

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

OCglock1988 wrote:
    Im sure you guys are right about the pickup being fine and all but it seems that a lot of users on here think that carrying is only banned in state parks, but its also banned on state forest land and any land with dnr signs in the counties I listed before

Thanks for your concern, but this was all checked out last year... the whole stretch is privately owned, including the golf course.

From: http://www.golflink.com/golf-courses...course=1190556

"The 18-hole "Kettle Moraine" course at the Kettle Moraine Golf Club facility in Dousman, Wisconsin features 6,406 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 72 . The course rating is 70.5 and it has a slope rating of 120 on Blue grass. Designed by Dwayne Laak, the Kettle Moraine golf course opened in 1970. Vicky Spaulding manages the course as the Co-owner/ General Manager."

Dave

Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast