• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hwy 67 Open Carry Adopt-A-Highway Litter Cleanup - Saturday, May 15th

Johnny Stiletto

imported post

OpenCarry.org Adopt-A-Highway Clean Up
Saturday, May 15th 10 a.m. sharp.

It's time once again!

Cancel your wedding plans, anniversaries, bar mitzvahs, appendix surgeries and whatever else you had planned because it's time to pick up garbage on the side of the road...

..open carry style, of course.

Our stretch of highway is located on Highway 67, north of Eagle, south of Dousman between highways C and D

2ufvlmw.jpg

I have supplies for 20+ people and I will be happy to get more if need be.

A few things to consider bringing to the clean-up would be:
Gloves (These are a must!)
Trash Poker (Build your own, they come in handy if you don't like constantly bending over)
Water
Pants
Suntan lotion
Bug Spray
Folding chair (If you plan to stick around after)
Gun (optional (not for shooting trash))

Be sure to watch the [font="Arial,Arial"][font="Arial,Arial"]Adopt-A-Highway Safety Training Video if you haven't done so already:
http://media1.wi.gov/DOT/Viewer/Viewers/ViewerVideoOnly.aspx?mode=Default&peid=c9049406-56c7-4515-8fbd-a06164d1a862&pid=e186416d-f429-4627-9c54-82d4c48dbe73&playerType=WM7#
[/font]
[/font]

Who's in?

Sayadina

imported post

It's not a drill weekend, so I will be there. And I'll drag my husband (Sajuuk) along with me.... 8)

If we want to get a cook-out type thing going, I'll be up for bringing some food, just let me know how many are gonna stick around afterward.

boostintalon96

imported post

I live less than 2 miles from that stretch of road. You can even see my road on that map! I will be there! Maybe we can come out to my place after and cook some food and maybe shoot some rounds on my range!

AaronS

imported post

boostintalon96 wrote:
I live less than 2 miles from that stretch of road. You can even see my road on that map! I will be there! Maybe we can come out to my place after and cook some food and maybe shoot some rounds on my range!

We have been waiting for a person like you, that lives in the area. I think you might have just become our new best friend.

:celebrate

boostintalon96

imported post

NO PROBLEM... I am Josh everybody and I am probably the newest member of WI carry! Come shoot some shit with me! LOL

OCglock1988

imported post

Hey just lettin everyone know I will definitely be at this litter clean up. This road is just a couple miles from where I live and I drive it pretty regularly on my way to Mcmiller's. Boostin Talon we are practically neighbors I live between Hwy D and Cty E just North of North Prairie. Maybe just on the other side of the KM as you? anyway Id be game to grill up some brats and such afterwards.

boostintalon96

imported post

Did you go to KM? Or muktown? I graduated from KM in 02. I go thru that area that you live very frequently!

OCglock1988

imported post

I graduated from mukwonago in 06. I actually almost went to KM for a year because my house was right by the dividing line. I saw in another post you made that you have a range of some kind. whats it like?

boostintalon96

imported post

My mother owns 9 acres out here. Last year I built a big dirt birm with the skid loader to shoot into.. Its about 5 ft high and there aint a bullet shy of a .50bmg that is going thru it! Its nice cuz we can shoot our handguns at 20 yds then back off a few hundred and do some real shooting with our rifles. I will let you know when we shoot next if you wanna come out. BTW, my name is Josh!

It would be no problem for us to use my place as a meetin place or a place to cook up some food for the Clean up tho...

OCglock1988

imported post

boostintalon96 wrote:
My mother owns 9 acres out here. Last year I built a big dirt birm with the skid loader to shoot into.. Its about 5 ft high and there aint a bullet shy of a .50bmg that is going thru it! Its nice cuz we can shoot our handguns at 20 yds then back off a few hundred and do some real shooting with our rifles. I will let you know when we shoot next if you wanna come out. BTW, my name is Josh!

It would be no problem for us to use my place as a meetin place or a place to cook up some food for the Clean up tho...
sounds pretty cool josh, my name is Jason. Im serious about meeting up sometime to carry in Delafield... it looks like ocmyxd wants in too! both you guys should pm me and we can figure out a good day. thanks for the invite to come out and shoot it sounds like fun, do you ever shoot water jugs or paint cans etc?

pvtschultz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

They cleaned it up three times last year. The land is not a state park, though. Maybe state owned, but there are no laws against carrying on state owned land, just state parks.

OCglock1988

imported post

pvtschultz wrote:
They cleaned it up three times last year. The land is not a state park, though. Maybe state owned, but there are no laws against carrying on state owned land, just state parks.
right on, looking forward to it

boostintalon96

imported post

Actually the parts illustrated on the map that we clean up doesn't even include any state land. Where it stops on Hwy 67 & CI is the actuall begining of the state land. And it's a state forest and not a state park so it's all good!

OCglock1988

imported post

boostintalon96 wrote:
Actually the parts illustrated on the map that we clean up doesn't even include any state land. Where it stops on Hwy 67 & CI is the actuall begining of the state land. And it's a state forest and not a state park so it's all good!
Hey guys, I got this from my 09 and 2010 small game hunting regulations booklet. Again I am not sure if the golf course is considered state forest or not... anyway here it goes

" It is Illegal to possess any loaded or uncased firearm or air gun while within the exterior boundaries of any state owned lands posted with department signs in Dane, Dodge, Fond Du lac, Jefferson, Juneua, Kenosha, Lacrosse, Milwaukee, Ootuagamie, Ozaukee, Racine, Sauk, Sheboygan, Walworth,Washington, Waukesha, and Winnebago counties or on state forest lands in the KETTLE MORAINE or point beach state forests or state recreation areas, except as follows,

1.while engaged in hunting in accordance with the open seasons listed on pgs 10-17
2.while shooting at an established target range.
3.while training or trialing dogs under department license