• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hwy 67 Open Carry Adopt-A-Highway Litter Cleanup - Saturday, May 15th

AaronS

imported post

Don't worry, we never enter any State Park at all. Again, this will be our second year, all is good. The cops are fine with us. Don't worry. You'll see, it's a fun time.

Aaron

OCglock1988

imported post

Im sure you guys are right about the pickup being fine and all but it seems that a lot of users on here think that carrying is only banned in state parks, but its also banned on state forest land and any land with dnr signs in the counties I listed before

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

OCglock1988 wrote:
Im sure you guys are right about the pickup being fine and all but it seems that a lot of users on here think that carrying is only banned in state parks, but its also banned on state forest land and any land with dnr signs in the counties I listed before

Thanks for your concern, but this was all checked out last year... the whole stretch is privately owned, including the golf course.

From: http://www.golflink.com/golf-courses/course.aspx?course=1190556

"The 18-hole "Kettle Moraine" course at the Kettle Moraine Golf Club facility in Dousman, Wisconsin features 6,406 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 72 . The course rating is 70.5 and it has a slope rating of 120 on Blue grass. Designed by Dwayne Laak, the Kettle Moraine golf course opened in 1970. Vicky Spaulding manages the course as the Co-owner/ General Manager."

Dave

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

OCglock1988 wrote:
Hey guys, I got this from my 09 and 2010 small game hunting regulations booklet. Again I am not sure if the golf course is considered state forest or not... anyway here it goes

" It is Illegal to possess any loaded or uncased firearm or air gun while within the exterior boundaries of any state owned lands posted with department signs in Dane, Dodge, Fond Du lac, Jefferson, Juneua, Kenosha, Lacrosse, Milwaukee, Ootuagamie, Ozaukee, Racine, Sauk, Sheboygan, Walworth,Washington, Waukesha, and Winnebago counties or on state forest lands in the KETTLE MORAINE or point beach state forests or state recreation areas, except as follows,

1.while engaged in hunting in accordance with the open seasons listed on pgs 10-17
2.while shooting at an established target range.
3.while training or trialing dogs under department license

I have a very easy fix to this if anyone runs into this problem and wants to hike or whatever on the trails, recreation areas etc. on these lands. Buy a small game liscense, your barrell has to be at least 4 inches for your handgunto "hunt" with so remember that. And say you are hunting one of these species that are open all year: coyote, snowshoe hare, or skunk.Thats if someone asks you...Well @#$% if you wantshoot them as well! You can get some cool hides, and snowshoe hare tastes real good.And you are good to go then!

Ben

OCglock1988

imported post

BJA wrote:
OCglock1988 wrote:
Hey guys, I got this from my 09 and 2010 small game hunting regulations booklet. Again I am not sure if the golf course is considered state forest or not... anyway here it goes

" It is Illegal to possess any loaded or uncased firearm or air gun while within the exterior boundaries of any state owned lands posted with department signs in Dane, Dodge, Fond Du lac, Jefferson, Juneua, Kenosha, Lacrosse, Milwaukee, Ootuagamie, Ozaukee, Racine, Sauk, Sheboygan, Walworth,Washington, Waukesha, and Winnebago counties or on state forest lands in the KETTLE MORAINE or point beach state forests or state recreation areas, except as follows,

1.while engaged in hunting in accordance with the open seasons listed on pgs 10-17
2.while shooting at an established target range.
3.while training or trialing dogs under department license

I have a very easy fix to this if anyone runs into this problem and wants to hike or whatever on the trails, recreation areas etc. on these lands. Buy a small game liscense, your barrell has to be at least 4 inches for your handgunto "hunt" with so remember that. And say you are hunting one of these species that are open all year: coyote, snowshoe hare, or skunk.Thats if someone asks you...Well @#$% if you wantshoot them as well! You can get some cool hides, and snowshoe hare tastes real good.And you are good to go then!

Ben
that would work(maybe) in the counties that allow small game hunting with rifled barrels, but im almost positive you are restricted to .22lr for hunting small game

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

OCglock1988 wrote:
that would work(maybe) in the counties that allow small game hunting with rifled barrels, but im almost positive you are restricted to .22lr for hunting small game
NO.

Where did you hear this?

There is no county that bans small game hunting with "rifled barrels" what are you talking about? The only rifle restrictions that you speak of are those during the deer season. VERY FEW, a couple localities in places where the Staterelinquished the no-rifle zone this passed year passed ordinances that prohibit discharge of a rifle 22lr or bigger during deer season. None of these localities I believe, and it wouldn't matterwere in washington, waukesha, dodge, or milwaukee.And it wouldn't matter because it wouldn't be deer season.....

SO..... as I said before you can grab your pistol 4 inches of barrel or longer, your 30-06, your shotgun w/e. Go into one of these designated places with a small game liscense carry, and shoot if you want coyotes, skunk, snowshoe hare. If you want info on what to do during the gun deer season, message me.

Johnny Stiletto

imported post

UVAsteve wrote:
will there be more of these this year ? I would love to help out but il be in kentucky that weekend for a friends wedding
Yes, there will be two more clean-ups andenough of garbage and unidentifiable slabs of fur and claws to make anyone feel useful. We will be glad to have you join us next time around.

OCglock1988

imported post

BJA wrote:
OCglock1988 wrote:
NO.

Where did you hear this?

There is no county that bans small game hunting with "rifled barrels" what are you talking about? The only rifle restrictions that you speak of are those during the deer season. VERY FEW, a couple localities in places where the Staterelinquished the no-rifle zone this passed year passed ordinances that prohibit discharge of a rifle 22lr or bigger during deer season. None of these localities I believe, and it wouldn't matterwere in washington, waukesha, dodge, or milwaukee.And it wouldn't matter because it wouldn't be deer season.....

SO..... as I said before you can grab your pistol 4 inches of barrel or longer, your 30-06, your shotgun w/e. Go into one of these designated places with a small game liscense carry, and shoot if you want coyotes, skunk, snowshoe hare. If you want info on what to do during the gun deer season, message me.
what i was trying to articulate is that the idea of using a small game license as a means to carry in state forest or DNR managed land would not work in those areas because most of them have trails and rec areas etc... so small game hunting with a rifle is usually therefore not allowed in those areas you might want to carry on your hike anyway... if this makes sense

AaronS

imported post

boostintalon96 wrote:
So what's the plan for this? Do you guys wanna stop out at my place and grill out?
I could make this a full day event. I should be able to bring some soda, and I'll try to get a few brats.

boostintalon96

imported post

I know my grill kinda blew up so I will see if I can get a new one before the cleanup! Otherwise, I'm sure I can borrow one for sure..

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

And when you're finished, then "head West young man" for the West Salem Chicken - Q on Sunday!

We have tents a plenty and room for campers as well.