• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to gun Permits

wildgiz

imported post

I am new to the gun permits i was stupid when i was 18 and was convicted with a felony well after 17 yrs and a BUNCH OF HOOPS! i was pardoned from the state and civil rights restored. I do not understand the laws and want to make sure i dont do any thing to loose my rights i work damn hard to get. can some one help m e!! i have the permit and an gun just dont understand the carry law dont want to carry to the wrong place or get in trouble with it i was looking for some on to help me with the law cause the ga law is to dang hard to understand.

rmodel65

imported post

if you were in fact pardoned you should be able to get a carry permit and buy a hand gun legally....

wildgiz

imported post

Yes I have A gun and a permit i want to make sure i dont carry it to the wrong place or do anything wrong. The law is to dang crarzy to understand so wanted someone who has real good knowledge on the carrying in georgia.

rmodel65

imported post

well i suggest moseying on over to www.GeorgiaPacking.org and reading the gun laws in plain english page....

also make sure to join www.GeorgiaCarry.org so you can help to get the laws regarding off limits places repealed.....best 15$ you can spend to protect your rights ;)

rmodel65

imported post

right now you need to call your legislator and ask them to pass the SB 308 in the house so we can remove some more of these off limits places ;)